Kenny Edwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great, by the sound of things we might lose Tapau but gain Edwards, so that should balance things out, FMD

It would balance out is our cap and in turn our squad elsewhere. I would hate to lose Taupau but if Des has a plan to free up some cash to strengthen other areas of the roster then it might be an unpopular decision but a necessary one. But and this is the most worrying thing in the back of my mind is that Foran is then considered an option with the $$ freed up.

Edwards on a last chance minimum wage contract is worth a punt imo as he has a very good offload and plenty of aggression which can lift the forwards. If the money saved can be redistributed elsewhere (correctly) to balance the squad then if Des says it's good enough for me.

@Kiwi Eagle @Nice Beaver
Kenny Edwards is not my pin up hero and I could not care weather we sign him or not . As far as a loose cannon and grub goes I do agree he has that in him
BUT..... the guy is a tough aggressive player that gets under the opposition players skin and intimidates them . For the right price and a incentive deal he can add value to any team .

These highlights vindicate what I am saying about his toughness and aggression .

The bloke is not a tough player.

He's a niggling di*khead of a player.

I don't need to watch his PR video to know one way or the other.

Any cock that starts grabbing opposition players to pull them into team huddles when they score is just a tosser.

His off-field stuff is rubbish. We have the youngest squad in the NRL,and you want this dips*it influencing them?

Everyone whinges about Barrett and the poor culture he created. What in Earth do you think this knucklehead will offer for culture - anything positive?

Results at what cost? As I said we are in the process of rebuilding our club, one that in recent times was built on hard but fair players (like Matai who was anything but the grub he was spoken about)

If he comes I am hoping he has changed his game

I think we all agree he is a grub, I would like to know to the people stating he is "tough" what has he ever done to get that tag? is it because of the stickers he has or because he plays through cramp.

We sacked him start of 2009 due to disciplinary reasons,he than went to the dragons he was sacked again and sat out 2011 season. He then turns up 2012 at Southport Tigers as an u17 trainer he got into trouble for inciting players to fight was banned for season but on appeal charges were downgraded and he made it back for the finals.

We come to 2015 when he is banned for the whole season for taking a urine test for pritchard. 2017 he is banned for 7 games after pleading guilty to a domestic violence charge, having poured alcohol over the head of his partner during an argument (screams classy will certainly attract the female fans).

His first game back he is the first player in nrl history to be sin binned for slapping (screams tough).

2018 15 May He was stood down indefinitely by Parramatta after he allegedly fled from police following a random roadside check in Merrylands. He only raised the matter with the club three weeks after (yep that's tough not fronting up to what you did)

He reeks of rubbish we did the right thing at the start of 2009 punting him he is not tough and not worth the headache.

No Way. Id rather have Jake Turbos influence rub off on our young impressionable squad then Edwards. Jakes tough this guys a grub.

Lol do these journos even think through the things they write ?

Manly lack experienced forwards so to fix that they’ll sign a guy who hasn’t even cracked 100 games yet, while releasing an international, proven forward who has played more games than Edwards
Hate Edwards but he’ll be extremely cheap, and simply a bench forward that’ll provide a big boost in energy, grub but every team needs one i guess, Walker does ok as one but Is simply not enough

We can now sign a quality back! This is exactly what we need, though I’d still be disappointed to lose Taupau. If he doesn’t want to be here, and wants MORE money, let him go.

Will cop a rev, but I reckon he will go alright and add some zest off the bench...actually hits well in defence and can cause problems in attack....does push the odd miracle pass and has had obvious off field issues, if these are sorted, would prove a decent addition imo.

The bloke is not a tough player.

He's a niggling di*khead of a player.

I don't need to watch his PR video to know one way or the other.

Any cock that starts grabbing opposition players to pull them into team huddles when they score is just a tosser.

His off-field stuff is rubbish. We have the youngest squad in the NRL,and you want this dips*it influencing them?

Everyone whinges about Barrett and the poor culture he created. What in Earth do you think this knucklehead will offer for culture - anything positive?
Agreed this 'man' is a joke and needs to stay as far away from manly as possible. The guys a virus i actually hate him.. always faking injuries like a grub its a big Hell no from me

... and a possible problem for those that are saying we can get him on the cheap is .... he doesn't appear to me to be the sort of bloke that would be thankful for the lifeline and do everything he can to repay the faith .... he gives me the impression that he is the sort of bloke that after a couple of weeks he would be running around filthy that the club is only paying him peanuts ..... a time bomb and not a smart bomb ....

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6