Kelma Tuilagi

First Grader
Care to shed some light on Paias Guadalcanal. Can’t find anything on him on google
Tulagi is just off the southwest coast of Florida Island:
B9557AB8-3A10-47D7-8158-263458E995F0.jpeg

Sure, slightly different spelling - one is a Melanesian island versus a Polynesian surname (so presumably a different pronunciation), but it was an opportunity for a ‘gotcha’ moment.:)

Bencher
I knew you’d jump to his defence.

He threw a good offload in rd.1 and made some good runs in rd.2 and has done nothing of note since. Everyone got carried away and excited based on two or three highlights across two games...

He is probably going to be a solid first grader for us but the superstar in the making was off the mark from the get go.
Lol,you watching me? ;)
I am just pointing out facts,not sure I or anyone used the term superstar.
He put in some ferocious hits,runs good lines off the halves with no fear and went looking for work.
If he has had some quiet games lately then that does not negate the potential he showed,we signed him for 3 years so I guess someone in the club rates him.

Bencher
Where will he fit into a fully fit Manly team of 2023?
He's a lesser version of Guacca; dynamic in attack but does he work hard enough in defence? Aren't we better served by having one second rower who is a strong defender, like Davey (yes, I'm presuming he'll be with the club next season).
Then there is the question, what happens to The Shoe? He must be in the top 13 but where?
Look, I'm happy we have recruited Kel but he may struggle to get into our top side. Then again, we rarely have a fully fit squad that he'll no doubt get his chance when injuries occur.
Davey on a two year deal with the squeels from next year

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Davey preferring the eels says it all.
How so? He puts in every week for us. None of us saw what was offered by each team. I really like him but surely a professional footballer, especially one who has been hampered by injury and didn't even get a start til very late, has a right to go where he gets the best deal.
Good luck to him.

How so? He puts in every week for us. None of us saw what was offered by each team. I really like him but surely a professional footballer, especially one who has been hampered by injury and didn't even get a start til very late, has a right to go where he gets the best deal.
Good luck to him.
I am the Davey flagwaver - BUT we have no idea if our offer was very competitive - agreed totally. If we did offer the same or similar and he knocked us back... that is an indictment on us not on him. He is a quality person it seems and a tough all effort player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 14 1 298 28
14 11 3 209 24
15 11 4 181 22
14 9 5 68 20
14 9 5 57 20
14 9 5 36 20
14 7 7 21 16
14 7 7 -72 16
15 7 8 29 14
15 7 8 -4 14