keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said @SeaEagleRock8 šŸ‘

Sports & politics have been entwined for a long, long time, so 61% of only 1,000 people saying they shouldnā€™t be is meaningless.

As others have already said, the genie is out of the bottle on this issue, yet the cro-mags & dunderheads on here still want to focus on how it was handled by the club, continuing to trot out the hackneyed ā€œif theyā€™d consulted the players firstā€¦ā€ chestnut.

Iā€™d suggest Aloiaiā€™s recent moronic interview proves that sentiment very wrong.

Progressive thinkers (aka those of us who arenā€™t scared of catching ā€œthe gheyā€ if thereā€™s a rainbow on our jersey) are looking forward to seeing how this issue develops over time, as it most certainly wonā€™t go away, while the cro-mag & dunderhead crew are spinning their wheels coming up with reasons why the issue should be swept back under the closet carpet (mixed metaphor intended):

ā€œOh the children!ā€

ā€œWhat about the Hindu swastika?

ā€¦& so on, which equates to hoping the world returns to the dark ages so these medieval concepts can remain in place.

Canā€™t wait to to see the head cro-magā€™s response, once heā€™s consulted his thesaurus (whoā€™d have thought ā€œroqueā€ was a simile for ā€œrogueā€ LOOOOL) to ensure maximum blatant eloquency in the hope of concealing his obvious shortcomings - perhaps too many head knocks in his handful of reserve grade games on the wing? šŸ˜‚
I hate all this crap - if you want to go and shove things up your bum go and do it. All good but donā€™t expect people to have to wear a jersey supporting your sexual preferences if itā€™s not their thing.

That may well be .. but Pandora's box springs to mind ... I just don't see it as sustainable.

They open themselves up to almost unlimited criticism ... as I said .. there are probably 120 countries where a justifiable protest could be taken ... will all receive the same actions? ... or will it be selective, and by which/who's criteria?

If there is an Australian player of Croation origin in the team, and he wants to protest Serbia ... what if there is a Serbian team mate? Are we going to have players of Scottish descent screaming "remember Culloden" as they run on against England. Are we going to remember Japanese war crimes ?

With the Asian and middle Eastern teams in our respective Oceania, Olympic and World cup pathways ... I see nothing but a mess .

The list is endless ... and good luck .. but it will be harder putting the Genie back in the bottle than it was letting it out ..
I think it is worth it as there is never a perfect solution. - at least they are doing something

I get you have a different view and you are entitled to it.
I kind of feel your arguments on sexuality defies the science of biology but again the context of what you are saying maybe different. Itā€™s really hard to debate with someone where there appears to be no fundamental agreed sub positions to base our points onā€¦ I do have a question which I have asked others beforeā€¦.itā€™s a pure hypotheticalā€¦. just say you are now suddenly a heterosexual single man and hoping to find a new partner would you feel comfortable in pursuing self identified women who were born with or still have male genitalia? Based upon the points you have made this would not be relevant to you? Is this correct?

In relation to identity I guess you are right we are all free based upon our own free will to determine who we are. In another hypothetical question if I decided to espouse that my indentity
was somehow more important than yours based upon my free will I decided I was in my mind entitled to more privileges than youā€¦..would you now argue or challenge my assumed identity?

Cheers RP.
1) take the I out of your identity and what are you?

2) Blindfolded and in a glory hole type scenario, where you believe the giver is your preferred sex it could be possible to be satisfied sexually. Regardless of how either of you identify.

2) Blindfolded and in a glory hole type scenario, where you believe the giver is your preferred sex it could be possible to be satisfied sexually. Regardless of how either of you identify.
:). šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ I think itā€™s best to agree to disagree mate and move on.

But unlike youā€¦ I will answer your questions

If I remove the Iā€¦.I. am still me. When I die the I will die with me but play no further role on this earth at least a role others living can recogniseā€¦

Btw in all honesty I would not visit a glory hole because of the situation you describe. The pleasure aspect for me comes from understanding the who the giver is and what they stand for. Thatā€™s most important to me but I guess others such as yourself are entitled to see it differentlyā€¦ enjoy the glory holesā€¦.and the mysteryā€¦

Nice write up SER8.
Wasnā€™t going to comment on the issue any further. But Iā€™m just bewildered by the notion of flagging social issues like this in the public eye. This is quite different to the ā€œpoliticsā€ you are talking about.

The rainbow means more than gay and lesbian people. Rugby league and sport are watched and followed by children. Bringing in a rainbow confuses the crap out of kids and itā€™s deeper meaning of ā€œLGBTQIA+ā€œ stands for and 5 year old children should not be exposed to this rubbish.
Letā€™s put aside gay and lesbian people for a minute, I respect them, I know many who are great people.
Transsexual, intersex, asexual all part of the alphabet crew the club was virtue signalling for. This is all sorts of messed up things that children should not be brainwashed by. There are only 2 genders, always has and always will be. And part of this rainbow propaganda supports the claim of there being 500 genders. What a load of hogwash.

I ask the serious question to the few people who are in support of the jersey. Do you seriously think innocent children should be taught all of this information about sexual preferences and alterations? Please answer honestly.

The "rainbow" has always symbolised hope. "Since the beginning of human history, rainbows have been symbols of hope to cultures across the globe. In ancient Greek mythology, Iris is the goddess of the rainbow, connecting people to the gods. In the Bible, the rainbow was a sign from God to Noah that the great flood was over. Irish legend has leprechauns hiding pots of gold at the end of rainbows. In Chinese culture, the rainbow is a crack in the sky made by the mother goddess NĆ¼wa.

I agree with you that "The rainbow means more than gay and lesbian people." The symbolism of rainbows includes hope, good luck, new beginnings, promise, equality, communication and peace

In recent times it has been bastardised, misinterpreted, vilified, and reinterpreted to suit a variety of agendas (including yours @chuckee). Your interpretation of the "rainbow" is predicated upon a single interpretation of the rainbow that has only existed since 1978. Less than 50 years ago @chuckee ....

Lets be frank about the jersey issue mate. We are essentially arguing about the replacement of white stripes, with multicoloured stripes. That's all we are talking about here. In my opinion, the replacement of white stripes with multi-coloured stripes does in no way support your argument above about propaganda re sexual preferences and alterations. No matter how you try and spin it your argument is fallacious, misleading and misguided. This is your interpretation mate (as twisted as it is to many of us on here), you are absolutely entitled (privileged even) to argue that.

Wearing a jersey with multi-coloured stripes, based on the original intent of the design "Everyone in League" i.e ā€œItā€™s for everyone. Male, female, gay, straight, black, white, etc, etc. Itā€™s certainly not just focused on LGBTQ.ā€ Luke Tucker - Commercial Manager MWSE

My issue with Rainbowgate, is entirely based around how the club failed to consult with our players in any meaningful way. To me this was incredibly incompetent, disrespectful and almost certainly intentional. I don't have any issue with the Rainbow design itself, however I have major problems in how this design was communicated to ALL MWSE stakeholders, including its fanbase.

Itā€™s been approved. Check #67. But Iā€™m positive no one will answer it @Red Pill

I'm your Huckleberry @chuckee

If I remove the Iā€¦.I. am still me. When I die the I will die with me but play no further role on this earth at least a role others living can recogniseā€¦

Btw in all honesty I would not visit a glory hole because of the situation you describe. The pleasure aspect for me comes from understanding the who the giver is and what they stand for. Thatā€™s most important to me but I guess others such as yourself are entitled to see it differentlyā€¦ enjoy the glory holesā€¦.and the mysteryā€¦

I have obviously missed something here. What the hell does any fantasy regarding gloryholes (regardless of identity) have to do with the replacement of white stripes with multi-coloured stripes, on an "Everyone in League Jersey"?

Sorry for speaking the truth. I know youā€™re used to being a sheep and being afraid to voice a differing opinion.

You managed to avoid the question about whether or not children should be exposed to the deeper meaning of the rainbow. Well done.
Perhaps you can help me by explaining exactly what ā€œthe deeper meaning of the rainbowā€ is?

I have obviously missed something here. What the hell does any fantasy regarding gloryholes (regardless of identity) have to do with the replacement of white stripes with multi-coloured stripes, on an "Everyone in League Jersey"?
LOL šŸ˜‚ you will have to ask @manlyfan76 about the glory holes and his theories on sexual differentiation I think he claims there are no females or males only sexual and asexual groupsā€¦. I think it is only fair that I let him explain the finer details to you

Enjoy!

I have a better question .. what does multi coloured stripes have to do with women in league .. or suicide awareness .. or indigenous people .. or heterosexual people ... or disabled people or any other group (which is all of humanity, and certain furry animals) that the NRL wants included ..

The argument being I respect your right to disagree with me.. Do you respect my right to disagree with youā€¦
I'm always very reluctant to write something on these more profound topics as I suffer from Conflict Avoidance Syndrome. I particularly dislike those who use a label such as lefty or woke or Mary or far right nut job as a simplistic way of supporting their view - whatever that might be. There is no doubt I fall very much into the so called "socially progressive" end of the spectrum but that doesn't mean I can't sometimes have concerns with how those views are argued. Would I support blockading bulldozers to save something like the Franklin River wilderness? - No doubt. Would I destroy a piece of art or culturally significant structure (that wasn't a monument to inhumanity)? - no I wouldn't. And so there is no absolute in my mind and hence I am conflicted to a certain degree.

Therefore my question @Jerry1 is - Do you respect my right for me to disagree with me? :)

Its clearly the deeper meaning of the rainbow according to @chuckee Its a very narrow interpretation generally utilised by paranoid, rightwing conservatives with deep-seated sexual identity issues

Well it is 2022 ... and I will bet chuckie's left nut .. that if you got a clipboard and a poll and stood a street corner and asked people what the rainbow symbolizes today .. the results would overwhelmingly support the excellent promotion of it by the LGBT community over the past decade ..

Well it is 2022 ... and I will bet chuckie's left nut .. that if you got a clipboard and a poll and stood a street corner and asked people what the rainbow symbolizes today .. the results would overwhelmingly support the excellent promotion of it by the LGBT community over the past decade ..
Thanks @Woodsie Personally, I'm not that interested in @chuckee 's left nut (or his right one for that matter) but, as I have argued in a previous post, human history over the past 60,000 -70,000 years would demonstrate that @chuckee 's argument in relation to rainbow symbolism is erroneous. Lets just look at the Dreamtime meaning of the Rainbow Serpent to our First Nations people over that time. Are you seriously arguing that historical and traditional rainbow symbolism is now invalid due to its resonance in one part of our community today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10