keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said @SeaEagleRock8 👍

Sports & politics have been entwined for a long, long time, so 61% of only 1,000 people saying they shouldn’t be is meaningless.

As others have already said, the genie is out of the bottle on this issue, yet the cro-mags & dunderheads on here still want to focus on how it was handled by the club, continuing to trot out the hackneyed “if they’d consulted the players first…” chestnut.

I’d suggest Aloiai’s recent moronic interview proves that sentiment very wrong.

Progressive thinkers (aka those of us who aren’t scared of catching “the ghey” if there’s a rainbow on our jersey) are looking forward to seeing how this issue develops over time, as it most certainly won’t go away, while the cro-mag & dunderhead crew are spinning their wheels coming up with reasons why the issue should be swept back under the closet carpet (mixed metaphor intended):

“Oh the children!”

“What about the Hindu swastika?

…& so on, which equates to hoping the world returns to the dark ages so these medieval concepts can remain in place.

Can’t wait to to see the head cro-mag’s response, once he’s consulted his thesaurus (who’d have thought “roque” was a simile for “rogue” LOOOOL) to ensure maximum blatant eloquency in the hope of concealing his obvious shortcomings - perhaps too many head knocks in his handful of reserve grade games on the wing? 😂

Saw it earlier this morning. It definitely covers some sensitive and prickly territory. Some good questions mate. It certainly goes a lot deeper than you would expect for a footy forum….
And that’s why “politics and sport” don’t mix. We should be talking about the club and the team for the sport and joy they bring us all. Not about social issues that people agree or disagree on. Rightly or wrongly.

You don’t realise how much you revealed about yourself with that post.

Instead of giving yourself brownie points & looking for pats on the back for your “clever post”, why don’t you read it & figure out how silly it actually is 👈
Sorry for speaking the truth. I know you’re used to being a sheep and being afraid to voice a differing opinion.

You managed to avoid the question about whether or not children should be exposed to the deeper meaning of the rainbow. Well done.

Nice write up SER8.
Wasn’t going to comment on the issue any further. But I’m just bewildered by the notion of flagging social issues like this in the public eye. This is quite different to the “politics” you are talking about.

The rainbow means more than gay and lesbian people. Rugby league and sport are watched and followed by children. Bringing in a rainbow confuses the crap out of kids and it’s deeper meaning of “LGBTQIA+“ stands for and 5 year old children should not be exposed to this rubbish.
Let’s put aside gay and lesbian people for a minute, I respect them, I know many who are great people.
Transsexual, intersex, asexual all part of the alphabet crew the club was virtue signalling for. This is all sorts of messed up things that children should not be brainwashed by. There are only 2 genders, always has and always will be. And part of this rainbow propaganda supports the claim of there being 500 genders. What a load of hogwash.

I ask the serious question to the few people who are in support of the jersey. Do you seriously think innocent children should be taught all of this information about sexual preferences and alterations? Please answer honestly.
I disagree.
There is only one sex.

You are either sexual or you are asexual. The rest is just parts of that. People get really tied into identity and if that helps them I'm cool with it and I cannot tell another how to think. I do believe that the "I" is not helpful in the futher reaches of spiritual growth.

Happy for anyone to discuss my black and white understanding of being either sexual or asexual.

I am think someone is missing their old sparring pal who has being enjoying some time out from the forum. Hint. He has had at least two profile names this year :)

I disagree.
There is only one sex.

You are either sexual or you are asexual. The rest is just parts of that. People get really tied into identity and if that helps them I'm cool with it and I cannot tell another how to think. I do believe that the "I" is not helpful in the futher reaches of spiritual growth.

Happy for anyone to discuss my black and white understanding of being either sexual or asexual.
Interesting point of view and I am not being sarcastic in saying this… I am not sure it addresses the biological at all. i.e. the assignment of reproductive organs…
The cognitive sense of identity is normally regulated by your interaction with others. As an example if SER8 claimed he was an omnipotent Scotsman… for that to be real most others would need to agree….well at least some….

All good ... but now follow through with every country you play against that have similar atrocious social justice and human rights records ... there is about 120 of them .. should be a fun few years ...
That is the sense of what Irvine was saying - there is hypocrisy in everything they do which does not demean their actions in this case

Nice write up SER8.
Wasn’t going to comment on the issue any further. But I’m just bewildered by the notion of flagging social issues like this in the public eye. This is quite different to the “politics” you are talking about.

The rainbow means more than gay and lesbian people. Rugby league and sport are watched and followed by children. Bringing in a rainbow confuses the crap out of kids and it’s deeper meaning of “LGBTQIA+“ stands for and 5 year old children should not be exposed to this rubbish.
Let’s put aside gay and lesbian people for a minute, I respect them, I know many who are great people.
Transsexual, intersex, asexual all part of the alphabet crew the club was virtue signalling for. This is all sorts of messed up things that children should not be brainwashed by. There are only 2 genders, always has and always will be. And part of this rainbow propaganda supports the claim of there being 500 genders. What a load of hogwash.

I ask the serious question to the few people who are in support of the jersey. Do you seriously think innocent children should be taught all of this information about sexual preferences and alterations? Please answer honestly.
In answer to your question yes they should.
My question back is where and when are they being taught it?

I have a child in year 8 and another in year 2. The child in year 8 has had some basic sex education but that is about it

We as a family talk about inclusion and tolerance when the situation arises to him. I am interested to know when the kids are being “taught “ this info.

Interesting point of view and I am not being sarcastic in saying this… I am not sure it addresses the biological at all. i.e. the assignment of reproductive organs…
The cognitive sense of identity is normally regulated by your interaction with others. As an example if SER8 claimed he was an omnipotent Scotsman… for that to be real most others would need to agree….well at least some….
Reproductive organs are so similar in a way that they don't matter, and sexuality is not the organ. In simple terms identity is an illusion. You think you are what you want others to think you are.
But really you are not "I" and your "sexuality" does not matter.

That is the sense of what Irvine was saying - there is hypocrisy in everything they do which does not demean their actions in this case

That may well be .. but Pandora's box springs to mind ... I just don't see it as sustainable.

They open themselves up to almost unlimited criticism ... as I said .. there are probably 120 countries where a justifiable protest could be taken ... will all receive the same actions? ... or will it be selective, and by which/who's criteria?

If there is an Australian player of Croation origin in the team, and he wants to protest Serbia ... what if there is a Serbian team mate? Are we going to have players of Scottish descent screaming "remember Culloden" as they run on against England. Are we going to remember Japanese war crimes ?

With the Asian and middle Eastern teams in our respective Oceania, Olympic and World cup pathways ... I see nothing but a mess .

The list is endless ... and good luck .. but it will be harder putting the Genie back in the bottle than it was letting it out ..

Reproductive organs are so similar in a way that they don't matter, and sexuality is not the organ. In simple terms identity is an illusion. You think you are what you want others to think you are.
But really you are not "I" and your "sexuality" does not matter.
I get you have a different view and you are entitled to it.
I kind of feel your arguments on sexuality defies the science of biology but again the context of what you are saying maybe different. It’s really hard to debate with someone where there appears to be no fundamental agreed sub positions to base our points on… I do have a question which I have asked others before….it’s a pure hypothetical…. just say you are now suddenly a heterosexual single man and hoping to find a new partner would you feel comfortable in pursuing self identified women who were born with or still have male genitalia? Based upon the points you have made this would not be relevant to you? Is this correct?

In relation to identity I guess you are right we are all free based upon our own free will to determine who we are. In another hypothetical question if I decided to espouse that my indentity
was somehow more important than yours based upon my free will I decided I was in my mind entitled to more privileges than you…..would you now argue or challenge my assumed identity?

Cheers RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8