keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleron

Bencher
I get you have a different view and you are entitled to it.
I kind of feel your arguments on sexuality defies the science of biology but again the context of what you are saying maybe different. It’s really hard to debate with someone where there appears to be no fundamental agreed sub positions to base our points on… I do have a question which I have asked others before….it’s a pure hypothetical…. just say you are now suddenly a heterosexual single man and hoping to find a new partner would you feel comfortable in pursuing self identified women who were born with or still have male genitalia? Based upon the points you have made this would not be relevant to you? Is this correct?

In relation to identity I guess you are right we are all free based upon our own free will to determine who we are. In another hypothetical question if I decided to espouse that my indentity
was somehow more important than yours based upon my free will I decided I was in my mind entitled to more privileges than you…..would you now argue or challenge my assumed identity?

Cheers RP.
This show is getting deep 😳

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This show is getting deep 😳
GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I haven't read through yet so others may have given answers but firstly there are plenty of threads about jerseygate so not sure why you put your question in this one. Maybe the thread has morphed while I was gone.

Aside from that - you ask why 'innocent' kids should be taught about propaganda and hogwash? I don't know, who do you think would do that?
If 5yo Johnny says Mum why are therir rainbow coloured hoops on Manly's jersey she could say 'It's just to show everyone is welcome in the game (or whatever). If the kid is a bit older mum or dad can decide what to say, can't they? And by the time most kids are 11 or so they have internet access and probably know as much about this stuff as you and I might.
Not sure its an issue at all really, I doubt the club or NRL would put out a whole brochure explaining all that stuff, why would they.
By the way kids might not be so innocent as you may imagine, or at least not in some ways. Freud? Polymorphous perverse?
Whatever, it seems a non-issue to me, maybe that's just me.
God forbid the rainbow jersey makes kids think its Ok to be different. Its much better that a gay kid growing up thinks he’s the only one. Maybe that way he will learn to be straight and abandon that silly choice.

/sarcasm

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Understanding the deal is less but I thought if you went woke you went broke?

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Understanding the deal is less but I thought if you went woke you went broke?
Yep but government intervention can contravene while it can afford to do so..
Also it’s election time….

Speaking of go woke go broke I think what happens this summer/ European winter in Europe will certainly test this. Unfortunately I think its sadly going to be ugly…. I hope I am wrong..

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How convenient, the woke state of the nation coming to the rescue. All funded by his tax payers to make him look like a saviour.
Yes the timing obviously very 'convenient'. On the other hand not a ridiculous expenditure (maybe)?
But at the end of the article it points our other govts helping sports with far more taxpayer money - including rugby league.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep but government intervention can contravene while it can afford to do so..
Also it’s election time….
Its a good deal for Netball Australia but the return to Visit Victoria is going to be pretty impressive. 15 million over almost five years is not a massive investment, considering some of the events that will evolve out of this in Victoria over that time.

Gina Rinehart has done a fantastic PR job for Netball Australia in creating national and international awareness for an organisation that was unsustainable not so long ago. I predict that Visit Victoria is only the first in a conga-line of Australian companies, who are now prepared to throw money at Netball in Australia. Well played Visit Victoria

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Its a good deal for Netball Australia but the return to Visit Victoria is going to be pretty impressive. 15 million over almost five years is not a massive investment, considering some of the events that will evolve out of this in Victoria over that time.

Gina Rinehart has done a fantastic PR job for Netball Australia in creating national and international awareness for an organisation that was unsustainable not so long ago. I predict that Visit Victoria is only the first in a conga-line of Australian companies, who are now prepared to throw money at Netball in Australia. Well played Visit Victoria
It is good for netball to get the sponsorship mate. I personally wouldn’t call visit Victoria a company though…It is a government agency ( not for profit) funded by the Victorian tax payer.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It is good for netball to get the sponsorship mate. I personally wouldn’t call visit Victoria a company though…It is a government agency ( not for profit) funded by the Victorian tax payer.
I get that its a government agency. Its only shareholder is the Victorian Premier of the day? Its more that this deal will act as a catalyst for Australian companies to invest into Netball, now that its midterm future is more secure. Its also a pretty good example of how its almost impossible to imagine any practical mechanism that keeps politics out of sport.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
I get that its a government agency. Its only shareholder is the Victorian Premier of the day? Its more that this deal will act as a catalyst for Australian companies to invest into Netball, now that its midterm future is more secure.
Yes it appears it has been stood up that way. Aka funded by the state of Victoria.
As a catalyst for further investment you may well be right mate. Time will tell.
Victorian government has alway being a big funder of Australian films and some would have likely made money.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes it appears it has been stood up that way. Aka funded by the state of Victoria.
As a catalyst for further investment you may well be right mate. Time will tell.
Victorian government has alway being a big funder of Australian films and some would have likely made money.
Even bigger funder of events mate @Red Pill I believe there is a pretty big one tomorrow....... and its not the Big Dance (no matter what V'Landys has to say about it)

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
At least a Victorian State Gov't won't have any climate, energy, social, or gender issues that would make anybody protest against them ... I am sure all Netballers will maintain their integrity and call out Dan for any issue they consider appropriate ...

Or do I think they will all suddenly pull their heads in ....

I wonder if any of the netballers are madly searching through the archives to find anything said by the Gov't 40 years ago that might outrage them ...

manly al

First Grader
Seems that all level of government are intertwined and contributing to sporting bodies or codes in some form or another and for yonks now . Federal government community grants through various programmes , same with State administrations . local government . This one [ netball ] is a bit more on the higher scale but then pales into insignificance to the Cowboys current home ground , some 300 mil in combined government funding , albeit for some multi purpose use but still primarily R L . Politics and sport has and will always inevitably have some political connection and integration , sometimes quite warranted , sometimes highly questionable

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At least a Victorian State Gov't won't have any climate, energy, social, or gender issues that would make anybody protest against them ... I am sure all Netballers will maintain their integrity and call out Dan for any issue they consider appropriate ...

Or do I think they will all suddenly pull their heads in ....

I wonder if any of the netballers are madly searching through the archives to find anything said by the Gov't 40 years ago that might outrage them ...
I'm sure they won't need to search back that far...

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Will First Nations / Indigenous identifying players wear the 'Visit Victoria' logo with no protests?

A state that was named after the Queen of a so-called 'invading' nation?

A state where the colonial government apparently deliberately ended their traditional way of life? (Research Guides: Victoria's early history, 1803-1851: Aboriginal First Nations)

If they do, feel free to mutter 'pick and choose', or 'hypocrisy' under your breath - because you will be vilified if you say it out loud.

It appears pragmatism is bound up in a time-bound statute of limitations - if the problem didn't happen that recently (you can pick and choose how recent), you can do whatever suits your purpose - right now.

Don't get me wrong - I am 100% in favour of moving on from the perceived injustices of the past.

As an example - the uncle I was named after was shot by the Japanese in January 1945. It would be like me now boycotting every Japanese product (with a Mazda and Honda in the garage - whoops), and no more teriyaki, or sushi rolls. 'My ancestors were hurt by your ancestors, so let's keep the fires of injustice and hatred burning.......', and stoking anti-Japanese sentiment now. Exhausting, wrong, and non-productive for anyone going forward.

I thought that one truly Australian trait was letting past prejudices and conflicts and differences go, and just saying, 'no worries - let's just sit down and have a bbq and forget all that - and just get along?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15