keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that your own work SER8?
Yes, pretty much. Although I see some concerns raised above that I have plagiarised other peoples work and conflated it, so i should probably disclose:

guzzle guzzle guzzle pour it down the muzzle is a cute line I stole from the Sea Eagles victory song, without permission, sorry everyone.
Also the term standard bun is not original, it was a term used by Angus Crichton at one of those rape trials
The pictures are not mine either, I stole them from google or someone.
The definition of politics, I forget where i stole that from, may have been Wiki, same with the bit about Charles Darwin. Gawd, next time I should send them a couple of dollars, they're always asking.
And, as I already mentioned above, I did recently watch Dave Zirin's excellent doco on the NFL and
that's where I got the stats about NFL players and owners. It got me wondering about some parallels (and differences) with NRL. (I also mentioned this doco previously in the Netflix thread, well worth a look if anyone's interested).

aside from that? Yep i typed it out myself :)

Many of you just want to keep licking the same floor over and over.
Hahahahaha!
hope you can find some genuine intellectual exchange somewhere on her
Nah that's Ok i partly just wrote it out to clarify some of my own thoughts anyway, and put it up in case some would find it interesting (unless plagiarised of course) ;)

@SeaEagleRock8 ... here is how most Australians answered your question.
That wasn't my question. Did I even ask a question?
I thought I made some observations, recounted some info and a bit of history.

But if you think player power is not an issue, and the dramatic change in NRL player demographics is not an issue, and that Betting with Mates is a critical part of our social fabric and brings the nation together ...
.... well! All righty then!

I’ve just read where the Qatari organising committee have responded to the Socceroos suggesting “ no country is perfect , including Australia “.

I just think politics and sport shouldn’t mix , already the Australian Cricket Captain is refusing to wear the Alinta Energy logo on his shirts , and if the others follow , boom there goes about 20 million in sponsorship.

Truly , players cannot expect to be paid gazillions each year and then not be prepared to support the sponsors that allow them to live so richly.

It’s a strange world we live in.

But if you think player power is not an issue, and the dramatic change in NRL player demographics is not an issue, and that Betting with Mates is a critical part of our social fabric and brings the nation together ...
.... well! All righty then!

See ... this is why having any sort of discourse with you is a complete waste of time ... in line with your post ... I simply replied ... (without comment or editorial) .. with the results of a recent poll on the very same topic .. thought the views of fellow Australians might be interesting.

But no, you, in typical fashion, reply with the mind-numbing response .. quote .. "but if you think player power" etc etc ...

What the hell drugs are you on ...

Great sounds like its all sorted then.
Its funny though, how I and a few other seemingly literate posters so often fail to understand what you're on about.
Luckily the future of the world is not riding on these discussions.

Great sounds like its all sorted then.
Its funny though, how I and a few other seemingly literate posters so often fail to understand what you're on about.
Luckily the future of the world is not riding on these discussions.

I have always wanted to suspend intellect and discuss like you .. so here goes ..

So you don't care about disabled people or suicide awareness ?

I am not even sure what that statement means.

It means ... what does the wealthier rally folk have to do with the results of the poll ? They were pretty black and white questions ... not loaded to get a particular response .

To be honest I don't care about too much, except in my own little sphere.
As you mention it though, I currently do some support work for people with a disability, and I lost a brother-in-law to suicide, so like most people I am concerned about the welfare of such folks.

‘..wealthier rally folk’ - do you mean the Murdoch clan?

You need to be concise, so people can try to understand the point you are trying to make.

To be honest I don't care about too much, except in my own little sphere.
As you mention it though, I currently do some support work for people with a disability, and I lost a brother-in-law to suicide, so like most people I am concerned about the welfare of such folks.

Well then, you will be a huge supporter of the club coming up with an appropriate jersey design which reflect those worthwhile causes as well as the LGBT community ...

They were pretty black and white questions ... not loaded to get a particular response .
By the way, those questions were totally loaded - terms like "political correctness",
and players "own personal political causes"
Could hardly have been more loaded!
Whateve, Im not that interested in the poll.

By the way, those questions were totally loaded - terms like "political correctness",
and players "own personal political causes"
Could hardly have been more loaded!
Whateve, Im not that interested in the poll.

Yep, other people's rights and opinions have never been a high priority for you.

Regardless of all this pissing about who’s got the biggest donger , the point should be “ do politics and sport mix well”.

In my opinion they don’t.

You want to get political , ok there are many options , you become an actual politician , you become a political journalist , you become a social media influencer ( **** I hate the connotation of that but it exists ).

But if you are a sports person , stick to what you do best.

If you want to go down the road of any of the above after sport , then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4