keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Not too sure what you're trying to say here.
I abhor the whole left and right thing, because it is almost completely misunderstood.
RWNJs are a thing, whether or not it is about political leanings.
I always hope for a society of kindness where the strong help the weak and people are treated as equals regardless of race, gender, sexuality, disability, geography, whatever.
Murdoch is a heinous influence on the world. He ruins lives.
Yep, I was a school teacher but also an owner of a company that produced goods for export, and, when I'd had enough of it all, had a dog walking business for 17 years in Centennial Park.
So if you feel inclined to judge, go with the dogwalker ... it was my happy place.
I don’t want to judge you… But as a dog Walker I would imagine you would have carried poop bags. Nothing worse than finding poop on your front lawn..
In relation to Murdoch he has found a way to make money by winding people up.. he is not the only one imo.

Yep I agree with your ideals I personally don’t think we can or should make people behave the way we want them too. e.g. wear a certain jersey that goes against their religion despite the belief being flawed.

People like a horse need to be led to water and not forced to drink that is another way to say it…If we keep leading by example they will eventually drink… it will just take time.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
but my only posture in this entire issue has been with people advocating to force other people to act against their beliefs ...
If only someone had been able to force these charming religious folks to act against their beliefs - a little kid might still be alive

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Also a question for my friends on the other side

Do you hold up the view that free speech / views is absolute? As in no matter what the consequences of those views there should be a right to uphold them / speak them?

This is a genuine question not a baiting question as I am trying to understand

I most certainly don't ... of course there is, and should be consequences ...

However, we have the mechanisms in place to do just that ...

If actions are deemed to be discriminatory, they are illegal, and can, and should be punished at law .

If a speech is deemed to be a hate speech ... then they too are illegal, and can, and should be punished at law.

manly al

First Grader
You sure he wasn't just backpacking? Isn't that what all the Brits do?

And I have a sudden urge for Indian food for dinner.
Probably met in a Youth hostel but i also digress . Not sure about your possible travels but always used to be [ youth hostel insignia ] a welcoming sight anywhere in my back packing days . Anyway i digress again . Better not distract you from your food preparation [ or with better half ] Damm 3 strikes on digressing , i 'am out now

manly al

First Grader
Not too sure if stereotyping is all that relevant with any perceived left - right positions or outlook in many instances . Despots , dictators , good and not so good leaders and ideology and not always with that much difference or variation in extreme or polarising positions Particularly when it relates to freedom of expression and set liberties . Looking for a digressing topic or phone a friend to continue , not sure where i am going with this

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Yes as long as it remains within the law. Free speech should not imply actual action outside the law. Free speech should not be impeded by ideology ..if it remains within the law.
Btw what side are you on out of interest? Please describe your view on what each side is.?
Thanks
Put it this way I am not "right wing" and would be very much left wing if you define it like that.

I am conscious that this forum, much like all of the internet, is not really representative of the majority of people who tend to sit in the middle of most things

Not too sure what you're trying to say here.
I abhor the whole left and right thing, because it is almost completely misunderstood.
RWNJs are a thing, whether or not it is about political leanings.
I always hope for a society of kindness where the strong help the weak and people are treated as equals regardless of race, gender, sexuality, disability, geography, whatever.
Murdoch is a heinous influence on the world. He ruins lives.
Yep, I was a school teacher but also an owner of a company that produced goods for export, and, when I'd had enough of it all, had a dog walking business for 17 years in Centennial Park.
So if you feel inclined to judge, go with the dogwalker ... it was my happy place.
Does Religion come under "whatever" or is that your passive aggressive way of leaving something out that you really don't respect and classifying it under "whatever" to be "inclusive".

Like one classifying gays and lesbians as "them".

Probably blocked anyway but the point still stands for others to comment.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Does Religion come under "whatever" or is that your passive aggressive way of leaving something out that you really don't respect and classifying it under "whatever" to be "inclusive".

Like one classifying gays and lesbians as "them".

Probably blocked anyway but the point still stands for others to comment.
Why would I block you? I don’t know you.
Sure religion comes under it, as do a myriad of other things.
And why passive aggressive?
If I have something to say, I say it.
If I’m angry about something, I might even swear aggressively.
Passive aggressive is not me but sure, if you want to attack someone, why not me?
Saves some other poor bastard.

Why would I block you? I don’t know you.
Sure religion comes under it, as do a myriad of other things.
And why passive aggressive?
If I have something to say, I say it.
If I’m angry about something, I might even swear aggressively.
Passive aggressive is not me but sure, if you want to attack someone, why not me?
Saves some other poor bastard.
What has "knowing me" have to do with the lazy ass general use of blocking people here that have opposing views?

Passive aggressive "indirect methods of negativity" since Religion and Sexuality has been a stong point of topic in these forums to classify "Religion" in the "whatever" group pretty much shows it's not a two way street of showing respect i would say considering it's been a main point of discussion.

Do i expect one to reply "if i have something to say i don't say it" nope.

My responses are always directed towards the message content with my own point of view and i don't deviate from that or "instigate" a character assessment for high five and giggles like some here. Funny how when i finally fall to their level and call out a poster as "Doug Heffernan"(in response to his snide remarks) he quickly acts like a snowflake.

I would love to see someone find a post where i have "instigated" an attack, i do respond in kind though.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Why should religious beliefs be given as much respect as someone’s sexuality?

Is it not clear that religious belief that doesn’t accept homosexuals as equal human beings is an extremely outdated attitude?

Why should people maintaining these beliefs be respected?

Last edited:

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This thread has descended into bitter invective, malicious attacks and cheap shots from all sides. Considering the thread title and some of the more recent antagonists (particularly in the case of @Technical Coach ), I shouldn't really be surprised.
if-i-am-7532aa2108.jpg

I will wear my newly bestowed snowflake label as a badge of honour. Might even change my name to SnowFlakes4Life.

One of your problems Technical B**** is that you really like to give it on here, but you can't really take it in return.

Yes, I get the irony about starting this post complaining about "bitter invective, malicious attacks and cheap shots", and then finishing it with "bitter invective, malicious attacks and cheap shots" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
What has "knowing me" have to do with the lazy ass general use of blocking people here that have opposing views?

Passive aggressive "indirect methods of negativity" since Religion and Sexuality has been a stong point of topic in these forums to classify "Religion" in the "whatever" group pretty much shows it's not a two way street of showing respect i would say considering it's been a main point of discussion.

Do i expect one to reply "if i have something to say i don't say it" nope.

My responses are always directed towards the message content with my own point of view and i don't deviate from that or "instigate" a character assessment for high five and giggles like some here. Funny how when i finally fall to their level and call out a poster as "Doug Heffernan"(in response to his snide remarks) he quickly acts like a snowflake.

I would love to see someone find a post where i have "instigated" an attack, i do respond in kind though.
Who on earth is Doug Heffernan?
I don’t know him either.
Are you ok?
You’ve come out swinging at me when you weren’t even part of the conversation.
Maybe you should block me if I’m that offensive to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17