Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Inner city? Um Tigers.

I identified Campbelltown as one of the clubs. Whether you call them Tigers or Magpies, the club shouldn't be an inner city club any longer. What I've identified is a centre city side, a northern side, a southern side, a inner western side, an outer western side, an inner south west side and an outer south west side.

I identified Campbelltown as one of the clubs. Whether you call them Tigers or Magpies, the club shouldn't be an inner city club any longer. What I've identified is a centre city side, a northern side, a southern side, a inner western side, an outer western side, an inner south west side and an outer south west side.
K

Thats a lot of sides!

You sure about that ?? I don't think they are back on the schedule

I was sure I read somewhere that the 9's were back .... but just checking the NRL site .... it appears that the 9's will be a World Cup 9's to be played at the end of the season ....... so half right and half wrong .... as usual ....

Tore us a new one in that 2nd half last night.
Agree. Looks like a good buy. A genuine half with ball skills that plays on both sides. Has a good left boot and a sharp running game. I like his ability to get the outside some good ball in space. Another aspect is his speed and support around the ruck.
Quite excited about the Elgey Chez combo but again our attack is fine most of the time. We need a coach who concentrates on defence and mindset

On 2SM a caller (presumably a Manly supporter) and asked who is our recruitment manager that signed Elgey?

Having a think about this as it's a good question.

1. In the presser TB was asked if Elgey had signed for the 2019 season and TB said he didn't know and to ask Lyle

2. Neil Henry has reportedly been sounded out by Manly.

3. Neil Henry was the GC coach during that DCE backflip period and worked closely with Elgey.

Tin foil hat time but has Neil been asked about the roster next yr, could be as coach or could be as a recruitment/list manager?

If TB is on the way out it is a good question as we have vacancies in the football dept so who is in charge considering our cap constraints which makes it even more important....
Good points. I would like to know who signed Elgey, so I can shoot the prick!

I rate him and he could be a great buy. I know the doomsayers on here whinge about his defence but not many halves are great defenders

True, we have been blessed with Cherry, Foran, Lyon, even Croker, etc all being quality defensively.

We will notice the difference next season compared to that lot, but I feel Elgey offers enough with the ball to compensate.

I am a Fan . He has a kicking game , a passing game , vision , backs up well , a great step and pace .
He is still only 24 and capable of so much more .
We should all judge next season on next season .
Anything else is premature ejaculation .
But hey , each to their own

Love his Energy and we have lacked a heap of that.
His passing game is rocks/diamonds....can beat a tackle and great support player.
Always gives his best, so on that basis alone better than many of our players, will back him in 2019.

I am a Fan . He has a kicking game , a passing game , vision , backs up well , a great step and pace .
And while he has thrown some forward passes it's great to see him taking it right to the line. This kid will be a great player for us.

I hope he gets the 7 jersey and Cherry dons the 6. Give Elgey the instructions to direct the team like Blake Green did in 2016 and we might see a better halves combo when they know their primary roles.. 2019 spine will be an improvement on this year

To be fair Bozo I could get the ex wife to film me playing touch footy against my 12 and 14 yr old daughters and as long as they played that soundtrack in the background you'd wanna sign me up for next year too..

And while he has thrown some forward passes it's great to see him taking it right to the line. This kid will be a great player for us.
I remember a couple of years ago Andrew Johns said Elgy's passing game was out of this world. His ability to throw long and accurate on both sides even impressed him. Fact is Croker didn't cut it, Dylan is a world class centre so he's an improvement on what we have atm. Darren Lockyer wasn't a great defender but he had Tony Carroll looking after him so as long as he gets some support defensively he might be ok. Short kicking game looks effective too. Time will tell I guess :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4