Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not the worst signing, and when it comes to 5/8 a definite upgrade on Walker,Hodko,Crocker!
He will improve our side next year, at worse he's on par with Blake Green.

almost agree but Blake Green is way more experienced and cunning imho ... defensively similar but again I'd give it to Green by a bit ...
I hope he proves worth the modest $$$ he should be on .... is there any knowledge of his contract $$?

almost agree but Blake Green is way more experienced and cunning imho ... defensively similar but again I'd give it to Green by a bit ...
I hope he proves worth the modest $$$ he should be on .... is there any knowledge of his contract $$?

True, but Green has about another 6-7 years experience playing 1st grade football..there is still upside to Elgey and he is a half. Defence is an issue but is defence something that is associated with the Titans?

yes a
True, but Green has about another 6-7 years experience playing 1st grade football..there is still upside to Elgey and he is a half. Defence is an issue but is defence something that is associated with the Titans?
and we will have Api back tightening up the defense through the middle LG will also most likely play left side and so will have Joel T defending beside him .... I'm hopeful he will be better than Walker at 5/8 and our centres will be stronger with Walker back there

Not huge on Elgey as his defence is average but he can attack ok at times.
If he cost a bit I would be more concerned, but on the cheap its not terrrible...not great, but with injuries we have encountered the past 2-3 years, there were plenty of times I would have slotted him into 5/8 in comparison to what we had...

Like a few others in the Manly side such as Kelly, AFB, Sirro, Api and a couple of the forwards, Elgey needed a new start and will hopefully improve as a result. Manly is using the same idea used by Melbourne. Produce your stars at home with young talent that is available. The thing with Elgey is that he is an experiment for a spot that has caused us angst and is detrimentally affecting the backline. We don't need a super star, and in fact a super star would cost too much. We've got star performers in the Trbojevics, Walker, DCE and some rising stars in Kelly, AFB, Api, Fainu etc. What we need is someone who can offer our back line opportunities to do their thing, someone creative enough to open the game up for us. Green was no super star, but he had the knack of giving our backline the opportunities needed. Consequently Manly's three quarters and full back scored more tries than any other back line in the comp last year. This year, partly because of injury, but also because of the 5/8 spot, the back line has been often ineffective. Elgey's defence we can try to correct, or at least hide on the field to an extent. But his potential skill with the ball is what Manly's backline need. Add to that a goal kicker to take pressure off DCE and to me its a worthy risk. If it fails, it fails. At present Manly cant afford anyone better. And it gives a couple of young players breathing space to improve their skills.

So do we assume from this that Froggy won't be extended or do we keep him for halves depth after losing Cletus and Joey Lussick ??

We have Hodko, TGWH, Cust and Metcalfe on the books for next year.

So do we assume from this that Froggy won't be extended or do we keep him for halves depth after losing Cletus and Joey Lussick ??

Hodko is good for experience, but I suspect he'll get little game time in firsts unless injury opens the door for him. Tom W, Cust and Metcalfe are works in progress, all young and talented. One or maybe two could be permanent fixtures in the Manly side in a year or two. Having Elgey for two years adds to the experience and is a buffer for the young guns so they can be eased into firsts when ready, rather than thrust in centre stage when the side is struggling, and being expected to be instant stars.

I think Metcalfe takes his spot in the 30 and Hodko takes Hastings.

Don't think Lussick was in the 30.

If Elgey can stay injury free, he’s a great signing. He’ll take pressure off Chez, no doubt. Not just a running half, either. Considering our cap situation, it’s money well spent. Sure, his defence needs work. But join the club, nobody at Manly can defend!

completely wrong, we have 3 players, DCE, Jake and Api.

Spots in the top 30 for halves are going to be interesting ....DCE, Hodko, Tom W., and Elgey are already in ....... with Walker and Fainu possible emergencies ..... Cust and Metcalf would need to be brought in and 2 players currently there released ....

Can't see poor young Croker being given a valuable top 30 spot given the risk/reward ...

Let's hope that whoever is in charge can handle the 30 list a lot better in 2019 than 2018.

I think Metcalfe takes his spot in the 30 and Hodko takes Hastings.

Don't think Lussick was in the 30.
I wasn't talking top 30 necessarily, just in general in terms of halves at MWSE / BWSE. Hodko and Elgey would defo be top 30 next year. One would assume that seeing as TGWH was there this year then he is unlikely to be taking a pay cut next year, so he'd be NRL squad. Croker was NRL squad this year, just a matter of whether they keep him for depth at BWSE. I can't see either of Metcalfe or Cust being elevated to NRL squad, development contract maybe.

Every indication that T Wright will be encouraged as an outside back next season in the 30 man squad . Might be an inclination to include both Metcalfe and Cust in the 30 as half 's inclusions but if there is a choice , maybe on ability Metcalfe would get the nod . Hodko can hopefully still offer some helpful utility value but it may be confined to that .

Will we have three hookers on the thirty?
Api
Fainu
Or just wing it with the two above, both could be a stop-gap half IMHO.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8