Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, I actually think with Elgey here, there is only two spots on the team up for grabs now.

One wing spot, one backrow spot, and I believe one of those has actually been filled.

I really think we can be quite competitive next season given good attitude, and good coaching (the biggest unknown).

Yes, I actually think with Elgey here, there is only two spots on the team up for grabs now.

One wing spot, one backrow spot, and I believe one of those has actually been filled.

I really think we can be quite competitive next season given good attitude, and good coaching (the biggest unknown).

I hope you are not thinking Bryce Cartwrong as the 2nd row filler

I hope you are not thinking Bryce Cartwrong as the 2nd row filler

I thought David Vaeliki was a good signing, so my judge of the quality of any signings are in my arsehole. Hahaha.

On a serious note, that core of a team should cause a lot of damage next season whoever fills the 5 & 17 jersey.

To be fair Bozo I could get the ex wife to film me playing touch footy against my 12 and 14 yr old daughters and as long as they played that soundtrack in the background you'd wanna sign me up for next year too..
Mate I am sure you are a stud in your own right but to be fair the 24 year old Elgey has the pace and skill to be a success

If there was a second row option I’d be looking at it’d be Ryan Matterson. He’s apparently being shopped around, and is only coming off the bench for the Chooks. Quality young player.
Really? I’m with you. Think he could be a very solid player, hope someone with a brain is looking at him..

Lyons first showed his outstanding skills as 5/8 at 24, and I consider Lyons as the best ball player I've seen in the game and only second to Lewis in the role as 5/8. Elgey could turn this team around, if we have a decent coach and defensive structure. With the players we've got and one of two tough forwards added, we could challenge all the way next season. Should have been at least in the 8 this season. We lost five games by 2 points or less, one by 4 points. and another by 6. That would have got us to 30 points without considering todays game. Having a decent 5/8 alone could have got us there. Even with Cartwright, I think we'll be far more effective next year if we hold onto the players we've got

Last edited:
Mate, many of us thought BK came here as a retirement plan. ****, did he prove all the doubters wrong.

Was heart and soul, and gave 110% every minute he's on the field.
The moral of the story
We can all have our say on players but the players do the real talking on the field .

AT least we have a actually half back/five eight for next season

Which, on field at least, has been the main difference from this year to last.

Like I've been saying for weeks, for the most part of this year (especially the second half of the season) we've been playing with one half, 3 centres and a fullback who has mostly had to forgo his running game to act as an extra play maker. All while having an actual half warming the bench as a backup hooker, first Hastings and now Hodko.

It hasn't worked, yet our so-called next supercoach (though I think that thought has taken a big hit) has persisted with it with no signs of actually changing it.

LG may not be the best half in the NRL, far from it, and his defence does suck. But seriously, he and 2019 can't get here quick enough.

Last edited:
Which, on field at least, has been the main difference from this year to last.

Like I've been saying for weeks, for the most part of this year (especially the second half of the season) we've been playing with one half, 3 centres and a fullback who has mostly had to forgo his running game to act as an extra play maker. All while having an actual half warming the bench as a backup hooker, first Hastings and now Hodko.

It hasn't worked, yet our so-called next supercoach (though I think that thought has taken a big hit) has persisted with it with no signs of actually changing it.

LG may not be the best half in the NRL, far from it, and his defence does suck. But seriously, he and 2019 can't get here quick enough.

SPOT ON ...
A 5/8 that is a 5/8 and a new coach that can see selection and positional issues selecting players in their position rather than insisting they play where he thinks they can. We improve out of sight

We brought Hodko back to the club as an experienced half who could take the pressure from DCE and provide that experience to what is a very young lineup. The problem is that Barrett has rarely played him in the halves, and when he has for the most part he only had either Lewis Brown or Matt Wright at dummy half.

Hodko may not have been the answer to our problems. But while his body (knees) are showing signs of age and injury, the experience and skills are still there. Yet he has rarely been used as he probably should have been.

Its been perplexing considering that what our lineup has been for the most part just hasn't worked.

Personally I'd have had more confidence in our side this year if we'd have used DCE and Hodko as the halves, Walker where he belongs in the centres and Suli on the wing. But by not having a recognised 5/8, we've not only weakened that position but weakened the centres and also taken away from our fullbacks best game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8