Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ian Roberts was a warrior for us. Those of us who saw him play would agree with that assessment. He was cooked when he left, so ima it's acceptable that he earned some good coin from other teams who paid him overs. I felt the same way about Choc. Alaoi has done nothing yet to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Roberts.

Ian Roberts was a warrior for us. Those of us who saw him play would agree with that assessment. He was cooked when he left, so ima it's acceptable that he earned some good coin from other teams who paid him overs. I felt the same way about Choc. Alaoi has done nothing yet to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Roberts.
JA has played 30 of 53 games since arriving, plays for Samoa and sat a critical game out because of some coloured stripes...
IR played 100 of 118 over 5 seasons at Manly, played for Australia and never once dogged it on his team...
I know who I would select given the choice...

JA has played 30 of 53 games since arriving, plays for Samoa and sat a critical game out because of some coloured stripes...
IR played 100 of 118 over 5 seasons at Manly, played for Australia and never once dogged it on his team...
Thought that I R had 6 seasons at Manly but regardless certainly was a great competitor and warrior . Sadly recall when he was ruled out in the latter stages in 91 [ along with Des Hasler i think ] when Manly could have been a real threat for premiers but losing I R in particular a major setback . Just can 't compare their respective careers to this point with any comparable rating , Roberts real star power , Josh flat out even getting on the field on a regular basis let alone being a regular dominant forward

Thought that I R had 6 seasons at Manly but regardless certainly was a great competitor and warrior . Sadly recall when he was ruled out in the latter stages in 91 [ along with Des Hasler i think ] when Manly could have been a real threat for premiers but losing I R in particular a major setback . Just can 't compare their respective careers to this point with any comparable rating , Roberts real star power , Josh flat out even getting on the field on a regular basis let alone being a regular dominant forward
You are correct - 6 seasons..
Which would make it 100 from 140... so JA is still a hope of matching him if he can stay on the park...
Personally I don't reckon he could hold IR's kit-bag but others seem to like him so meh...

Nope, he dogged in 96, did a Tallis and sat out the season because he signed with superleague. He did have injuries but would've been available at some point but he said wouldn't have played for us regardless. Missed out on a premiership too.

Nope, he dogged in 96, did a Tallis and sat out the season because he signed with superleague. He did have injuries but would've been available at some point but he said wouldn't have played for us regardless. Missed out on a premiership too.
I'm not saying you're wrong Ned (coz I've got no idea) but it would be interesting to get IR's take on that period.

I'm not saying you're wrong Ned (coz I've got no idea) but it would be interesting to get IR's take on that period.
Well that did happened, they talked about it in the Rugby League Digest podcast in their 96 season series (can't remember which one) so not first hand from IR but it's pretty detailed. Ridgey also signed a superleague contract but and after boycotting the first round or 2 came back and although he'd rather have played in superleague he just wanted to play footy, and we won the comp.

Well that did happened, they talked about it in the Rugby League Digest podcast in their 96 season series (can't remember which one) so not first hand from IR but it's pretty detailed. Ridgey also signed a superleague contract but and after boycotting the first round or 2 came back and although he'd rather have played in superleague he just wanted to play footy, and we won the comp.
Interesting. Still, it would be good to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. 👍

I play lawn bowls as well , great game , everyone thinks it’s just for old farts but the very best players in our club are all under 25.

Including the QLD junior girl champion who I’ve watched being coached by her Dad for 8 years , she’s 16 maybe 17 now.
Same applies at our local bowling club, the kids are really embracing the sport these days

I play lawn bowls as well , great game , everyone thinks it’s just for old farts but the very best players in our club are all under 25.

Including the QLD junior girl champion who I’ve watched being coached by her Dad for 8 years , she’s 16 maybe 17 now.
From last year, Joseph Clarke (Park Beach Bowling Club, Coffs)...
LawnBowls.JPG

That had more time do with Fulton and Arko than Roberts... and there was a league-wide split at play...
What was JA's excuse at Tigpies?

Oh my it’s funny seeing the roberts fanboys trying to make excuses for him for dogging the club in ‘96 and missing out on a premiership ring 😭

Oh my it’s funny seeing the roberts fanboys trying to make excuses for him for dogging the club in ‘96 and missing out on a premiership ring 😭
Not hating on Roberts just stating facts. He did a Tallis and sat out because of his superleauge alliance so yeah, could've had a ring like Ridgey but decided to sit it out.

Now I think about it both Tallis and Roberts sat out a season for superleauge and missed the GF, sad for them for such a lost cause cause tbh but I know it was full on at the time.

That's your speculative assessment of it, truth is he signed a superleague contract while still contracted to us and chose to sit out the season while getting paid by Murdoch. Reasons could be different from what you state.

Excuse for what?
Excuse for refusing to play if they did not release him... Josh has a history of giving a sh*t about Josh...

H
Haha... says the Christian bigots "number 1 fanboi"... did the gay footballer make you feel all icky @chuckee?

And Roberts did not "dog the club" - he signed a contract for the following year and Arko tried to strongarm him out of it... he never refused to play that I can recall - but if you have facts that he did, put them forward...

This divisional hatred thread is sponsored by Penn Marketing

Every club has polynesian players that have their strong beliefs and rights just like all people

Penn was the only NRL official to piss off his polynesian players and divide his club

Months after Penns exclusive Marketing mess Manly people are sadly still divided and exchanging insults

@Mitch and @The Wheel Please pass on this message from me to Penn

Great leaders unite their people and not divide them

Every insult on this forum in regards to Penns exclusive dumb marketing belongs to Penn
Because Penn is dumb enough not to realise every person has a right. A legal and moral right
and for this reason the Manly 7 are legally and morally bound to their contracts and rights to their freedom of speech and choice .

The Manly 7 only are only convicted from the hatred that Penn Marketing caused

A Manly fan would not wear a Parra Gold and Blue Jersey .
Not because we are biggots and we fear Parra people or that we hate Parra people
We respect Parra people, but we also honour and respect our rights to stand stand up for our own club and its colours that we wear
Camiseta Parramatta Eels Rugby 2020 | Rugby, Nrl, Rugby league

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4