Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It is fair to ask how he could be so opposed to an inclusive jersey (to the point where he would not wear it etc) stating that it was against his religious beliefs and at the same time having acceptance and love for their own family member?

Strikes me as contradictory at the very least
The Book of Matthew has something to say about ‘turning the other cheek’.

Perhaps it’s time Aloiai turned the other cheek.

Last edited:
Like i said it sounds like a contradiction to me

If you’re talking about promoting and endorsing inclusivity, that we are kind to all, surely that’s what Christianity is supposed to be about.
If you’re talking about promoting or endorsing homosexuality … here we go again … homosexuality is not a choice and thus can’t be promoted and endorsement doesn’t come into it.
It's your right to think it could be contradictory as your opinion. Just as it's his to love and care for someone yet not want to promote or endorse it.

Doesn't matter if it's a choice or not, his belief are his beliefs. He has not at any time said anything hateful or personal, he has said he accepts people live the lives they live. He just wouldn't wear the jersey to promote or be seen endorsing it.

Accepting and promoting are two very different bows

It's your right to think it could be contradictory as your opinion. Just as it's his to love and care for someone yet not want to promote or endorse it.

Doesn't matter if it's a choice or not, his belief are his beliefs. He has not at any time said anything hateful or personal, he has said he accepts people live the lives they live. He just wouldn't wear the jersey to promote or be seen endorsing it.

I guess this is where we disagree

By not wearing the jersey he has an impact on gay people - but really there is not much point arguing over this as everyone has expressed their opinions over and over with no real new ground broken

I guess this is where we disagree

By not wearing the jersey he has an impact on gay people - but really there is not much point arguing over this as everyone has expressed their opinions over and over with no real new ground broken

And he would of had no impact on gay people ... if other people hadn't tried to force him to wear a tshirt against his beliefs.

The club should move this guy on he has offered very little so far. Why is he on social media during a world cup arguing with a guy in the media?

Putting aside the jersey fiasco he has been a dud buy. More energy into the football stuff Josh and not the off field rubbish you get into.

Josh thinks he can call a person an idiot and they won't respond maybe the idiot is him. The same idiot who ignored all the evidence that his mate stabbed another guy and even after the verdict complained.

Shut up and start earning your money Josh. Sad part is he is referred to as a leader in our club and we wonder why we are in trouble

The club should move this guy on he has offered very little so far. Why is he on social media during a world cup arguing with a guy in the media?

Putting aside the jersey fiasco he has been a dud buy. More energy into the football stuff Josh and not the off field rubbish you get into.

Josh thinks he can call a person an idiot and they won't respond maybe the idiot is him. The same idiot who ignored all the evidence that his mate stabbed another guy and even after the verdict complained.

Shut up and start earning your money Josh. Sad part is he is referred to as a leader in our club and we wonder why we are in trouble
Who would take him?
I dare say we didn’t do our due diligence when we picked him up. He was very mouthy to those in charge at the Tigers and completely in their face with the lawn mowing rubbish.
Perhaps it’s not so much that he believes in God as he has a God complex. But then that’d be the same thing.
As for the extension … wtf was that?

The bloke is a tried and true **** stirrer. I have more respect for the other six combined than I do for this clown.

Yeah, not a big fan myself ... but then I haven't defended him personally , or his beliefs ... but that is what democracy and freedom are all about ... the freedom to be a numbnut ..

If it's being considered that Manly do not sign players of faith (to the degree that they refuse to wear a certain jersey), then you might consider that you probably take away a third of players (based upon 10 players refusing to play out of the squad of 30). If we were playing unders for players then maybe...

And with current conditions, Polynesians are probably not coming here, or at least we are going to pay overs to get/keep them.

Definitely agree to the no dickhead policy though e.g no Bronson Xerri, Curtis Scott, or other Fwits.

If it's being considered that Manly do not sign players of faith (to the degree that they refuse to wear a certain jersey), then you might consider that you probably take away a third of players (based upon 10 players refusing to play out of the squad of 30). If we were playing unders for players then maybe...

And with current conditions, Polynesians are probably not coming here, or at least we are going to pay overs to get/keep them.

Definitely agree to the no dickhead policy though e.g no Bronson Xerri, Curtis Scott, or other Fwits.
Sheesh! Who is considering that? Or is that a hyperthetical?

We are discussing everyday people here, what they do in there private lives has nothing to do with it. His sister shouldn't need his endorsement for being a human being.
It's quite sad how people cannot see the difference.

Sheesh! Who is considering that? Or is that a hyperthetical?
Strictly hypothetical, or at least I hope so.

Peeps are so upset at this guy for sticking up for his beliefs. And some seem to be saying that we wouldn't sign him again given those beliefs regardless of his playing abilities.

If you were a player of some religious background would you go to Manly? Or would you pick a different team which doesn't make stupid marketing decisions?

Ideally the matter needs to die out and quickly. If the NRL want to make a big deal out of inclusivity then make all clubs participate, and stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10