Josh Addo-Carr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
can we get a petition to bring JAC to Manly!?

but seriously this highflier would be amazing in our backline and would probably get more fullback time than he bargained for
He’d also come at a considerable cost.He doesn’t want to play fullback to “further his career”,he wants to play fullback to be payed fullback money and we already have a very expensive fullback

I don't 'get' this fullback money debate.
Simply, he is the sport's best winger and is incredibly valuable. Pay him what he wants. He'll bring more people into Brookie and be instrumental in winning us plenty of matches.

I don't 'get' this fullback money debate.
Simply, he is the sport's best winger and is incredibly valuable. Pay him what he wants. He'll bring more people into Brookie and be instrumental in winning us plenty of matches.
He may be the best winger,but you’re not paying a winger anywhere near a premium fullback.If you pay overs for a winger,you’re left to pay less for a more valuable position

JAC is worth more than some of the starting fullbacks in the NRL as a player on the field regardless of his position. That’s how good he is at football : )
Don’t pay him top fullback money, just pay him ‘bottom 4’ fullbacks money ; )
600k surely he comes. Someone to go the other way... suggestions?
1 Tom 2 Funa 3 Walker 4 Suli 5 Addo-Carr 6 Schuster 7 DCE 14 Foran/Cust
Would look extremely frightening for oppositions. Would make top 4.

Our club's not going to do that, why chase JAC when we'll have Jorge coming back all nice and fresh from an achilles operation, and don't be surprised if Aiden Tolman somehow finds his way to us, we really go for the plodders.
But seriously though, the combination of speed with the added bulk makes JAC a real weapon now.
hoping they may revert back to the old rules of wrestling and grinding, then manly is looking good again :clap:

He scored 15 tries in the 20 game season playing for the Storm of which 9 of them were scored against the bottom 3 sides and 2 against us who came 10th. He scored 5 tries in 10 games against the top 5 teams.
Alex Johnston scored 20.
Felt and Nofoaluma scored 19 and 17 playing in bottom 4 sides.

And Addo Carr is the best winger in the comp demanding 600-800k? Give me a break.

Tezza definitely challenged the newly introduced draft system in early 90's when he had signed for Wests but was subsequently drafted by Easts and forced to play for them. Took it to high court and won and that was it for NRL drafts.
Tezza was always breaking new ground... the legend almost had the compass slam with Souths, Easts and Wests. Couldn't hold on long enough for the Norths merge which is probably for the best. Wish he stayed on with us but understand why he left. Talented individual, done ok with the dishlickers too just quietly.

Draft system is a clear restraint of trade and the AFL get away with it as it's a "take it or leave it" deal. Players, clubs and the league sign up to it and they're all relatively happy with it. Would never work in the NRL with all the self interest and broken egos ... one of the players managers would just get their star draft pick to cry "home sick" and they wouldn't have to go to Melbourne/Newcastle wherever and the system would break down.

I back a points system really. Players can earn whatever they can get but are ranked with a team given an allowance like supercoach .... but this is for another thread.

We need to sign JAC or a similar out and out gun winger or Manly will be in the wilderness for another fair few years yet.

He scored 15 tries in the 20 game season playing for the Storm of which 9 of them were scored against the bottom 3 sides and 2 against us who came 10th. He scored 5 tries in 10 games against the top 5 teams.
Alex Johnston scored 20.
Felt and Nofoaluma scored 19 and 17 playing in bottom 4 sides.

And Addo Carr is the best winger in the comp demanding 600-800k? Give me a break.
Are you suggesting the he isn't the best winger in the comp?
As R3 posted, he is worth more than the majority of fullbacks.
How much are the Tits paying a front rower? $1-M plus a season. Paying a player on the position they play rather than the importance they are to a team seems flawed logic to me.

Sign him as a winger but with the promise that he can fill in fb when tom is injured...thats more than he has at the drizzle (as it seems they replace papa with other players like hynes and perhaps hughes when hes injured)

The more I think about it, JAC would make add more to our side than any other potential signing right now.

We virtually have not one player that you would consider to be quality winger. When you consider the Bunnies have Paulo and Johnstone, they could get by without JAC. Even the Tigpies have David Naufoluma.

We might have to pay slight overs but in this case, it might not be such a bad move. As long as we don't throw stupid money at him.

Totally depends on his price but he is an asset not only in scoring tries, but in making breaks, kick chases. I don't think we should throw anything over 600-650K max at him.

What is "stupid money"?
Is it the $850,000 Moylen is on at Cronulla, and Reynolds at Wests?
Ditto Bird at the Donkeys and Duggan at the Sharks.
Addo-Carr should command $850,000 and, if he stays healthy, would repay it in tries.
The problem in that argument is that all those clubs are shizenhousen (poor cap management being the reason!)

Last edited by a moderator:
600 would be sweet. Let him be the first fullback backup as a sweetener. He's not going to play there at Souths anyway and at the Tigers he will be in a largely useless team lead by Brooks and some other bozo in the halves.
He is unrivalled as a runner. Not sure of his passing game for fullback, but would be a good back-up there.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8