Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Josh Addo-Carr

Highflier

Great post - injuries and suspension to our spine cruelled us. Just the reality and even the Storm and Rorters would struggle to cover 3 of their spine gone virtually for the year. We still need Saab, a quality prop, hooker and a backrower and we are not far away .... as long as injuries just get one or two of the spine and not Schuster or Turbo! Young Albert wont be with us that seems pretty certain.
Do u have any mail on Hoppa S4500?
I hope he stays and gets an off season in and shows us some of the loyalty and support we have showed him and his family

Shane4500

Do u have any mail on Hoppa S4500?
I hope he stays and gets an off season in and shows us some of the loyalty and support we have showed him and his family
Just the suggestions of some in the know people on here. Just reading between the lines Highflier

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
There are a lot of Saints here on Silvertails. They've never taken drugs or punched anything in their life. The guys have all been faithful to their wives and behaved like model citizens while out on the p1ss. These standards they demand are the very same ones they themselves live by each and every day. No skeletons in any closets here mate.

Disclaimer... except for @Woodsie.... I imagine his closet is overflowing with six decades of bones and all manner of dead things. Shortish ones of course.
No mate ... I was playing football for Manly while you were sitting on the couch having sex alone .. and dreaming that you were important ..

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
I think this year our so called doctors and training staff really screwed Walkers rehab big time.
In his comeback match he was in one tackle and re-injured his foot in the first tackle.
Our medical staff try to tell us mugs that it was a slightly different injury to the same foot, but not linked to the first injury.

Total BS. Walkers was completed rooted because of that.

Our medical and training staff will need to go back to school in the off season to bring Manly training methodology and rehag to be as good as other team in the NRL. Bring back Dank? :finger:

Our nrl players need to do more stretching and polatis to keep the muscles supple and ready to explode, without breaking off. Tommy, Are you listening??

Sprint training with 30 minute warmdowns for serious stretching.

Then maintain the strength and speed with faster recoveries due to more supple muscles bouncing to allow more speed

There is no reason why most of our backline should be able to do the splits. Chicken wings, pec tears and the other jujitsu moves will have less affect on Manly if the are all supple, strong, able to move fast, as well as put your shoulder in 4 big tackles.

No reason why Manly can't improve there fitness, ability to get up and up time and time again.
Guaranteed that most players will end up at least 10% faster.
Practice skills, deep backlines.

We can be so goo in 2021 if we show total commitment.

BOZO - U one of the trainers? What would level of expertise be used to make the players perform better?
IMO our medical staff and training staff headed by the proven Dr Gibbs and Donny Singe are leaders in their field .
10 years ago I was told by my GP to stop weight training and sprint training due to the CT results of my spine.
I was devastated at the news but being a never say die character I went and saw Dr Nathan Gibbs and he modified my training and build me up with physio sessions and I have been training 6 days a week ever since . Every morning I wake up to my chronic Arthritic joint lock down but with the warm up ,stretching and chore building Dr Gibbs personalised programme I am able to push my spine 100% to the max during my work outs .
I recommended other friends of mine that had no luck with other heath care professionals to Dr Gibbs and he fixed them as well . The proof is in the pudding as they say and I have seen it and felt it .
Walker was given the best recovery and preparation but even the best recovery and best preparations will not prevent injuries in awkward tackles
As for Tommy ...In the journal of sports medicine it is noted that recurring hamstring injuries are one of the most common and there is no conclusive evidence why some athletes continue to succumbed to them after proper rest and treatment .

OneEyedEagle

Premium Member
Don't know if anyone else noticed this muppet interview after the GF win he kept on giving hand signal not certain if gang related or not and kept on grabbing his crotch while talking to a female like he had a really bad case of syphilis. I thought it was pretty disrespectful.

Shoe1

Don't know if anyone else noticed this muppet interview after the GF win he kept on giving hand signal not certain if gang related or not and kept on grabbing his crotch while talking to a female like he had a really bad case of syphilis. I thought it was pretty disrespectful.
He seems a bit strange

Sheikheagle

yeah he also did it a few times when he was waiting for the presso. A grade wanker if you ask me.

OneEyedEagle

Premium Member
It’s all immaterial anyway... He won’t be coming to Manly and never was. 14 pages of wishful thinking and pointless speculation. Can’t wait till we can start debating the attributes of a player we actually sign.
Regardless if he is coming to play for our team or not it is disrespectful and immoral to behave like that, maybe just I'm to old fashion.

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18
10 Warriors 20 8 0 12 -115 16