Joel Thompson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A good start would be Joel stepping up and inspiring his teammates for that win. He is one that can make a big difference if he gives his all. He needs to come out playing smash em up.

Too right sir,
I just hope his team mates don’t require an unrealistic amount of inspiration from JT in order to muscle up for a win. Anyone who pulls on the Manly jersey shouldn’t need to go looking elsewhere for inspiration but if it’s there to take, I hope Joel leads by example too : )

Hes soft and slow.. another great signing by 'baz' the pretender. Last year he showed some mongrel in defense charging out of the line but only rarely. For the money hes on he needs to go...

when is Josh Jackson off contract??

Probably an unpopular opinion but I have to say and am very disappointed with what Joel Thompson has provided on the field. There have been some good moments but on a whole, I would rather a junior at second row. On field experience/leadership is one thing but Joel seems to get rag dolled a little to much in attack for a forward.
We should let him go at the end of the year.
We should give Badly Saunders a go he was going hard in the trial

Im having flashbacks to the tigers game and titans game last year when they shredded us in the 2nd halfs thompsons defence was ****house and thats going be my lasting impression of him. Unless he has a huge year now.

Snake you are generally on the money. Any news on possible signings to fill some of the glaring holes in our roster?
Apparently we released Winterstein to solve the cap squeeze from the punishment we were handed down. I don't think we are much of a chance of signing anyone to be honest. The only way it could happen is if Perrett is offloaded before June 30 or someone else's contract is restructured.

Apparently we released Winterstein to solve the cap squeeze from the punishment we were handed down. I don't think we are much of a chance of signing anyone to be honest. The only way it could happen is if Perrett is offloaded before June 30 or someone else's contract is restructured.

Thanks. I guess it will also depend upon what happens with walker.

There will need to be an additional signing prior to June 30 as there is still a spot that has to be filled and the club have been looking at options for walker short term.

I never for a moment thought we would beat Wests last week. However, I am feeling good juju about the Roosters game. Ryan old mate, you may well be left feeling slightly flummoxed come 9.30pm tomorrow evening. GO MANLY!

Not doubting you snake but if that is correct that is a joke with the squad we have.
We had to let Kelly go for the same reason. The only thing that might assist in some signings is the cap dispensation for Dylan Walker; without that, we are stuck with what we have. Haumole hadn't played footy for 18 months due to stress fractures and he was drafted into our top 30; that is a clear indication that we are filling spots with cheap options because we have no room to move under the cap.

Walker, Taupau, Turbo's and DCE are taking up massive chunks of the cap. Additionally, guys like Perrett and Sipley who are fringe players are on decent coin. Throw a cap penalty on top of that and you have our situation.

The funny thing about salary caps is the perceptions they create. Take Souths for example. At the end of 2017, they were struggling. People said they had weak halves! Truly. The Burgess twins were past it, Sutton should retire and the bench was full of reserve graders.

Seibold got them playing well and now people look at their squad and marvel at its strength and question how it can be under the cap. Point is, if Hasler gets the likes of Garrick, Suli and Elgey playing well, all of the sudden people look at our roster and think that it is strong. They'll start commenting on how we can fit AFB, Taupau, Chez, Turbo's in the same team because they are all internationals etc.

Just like Walker, Thommo has not shown anywhere near 600k value but has shown to be a valuable person off the field.

Has really shown 300-400k value, and Dylan...maybe 300k max.

We need to spend our money FAR more wisely if we are ever going to compete in a lopsided TPA world.
That means keeping Bozo the hell away from recruitment.

Penn went cheap on us (probably through necessity) and it hurt us. Poor recruitment on and off the field and here we are trying to climb out of a big hole. We have recruited well off the field this season starting with Des which has had a great flow on effect with coaching and support staff. The club will have more space in the cap next year and the reconstruction of the squad will commence with appropriate retention and farewells. The club can't afford a repeat of this pattern and if the club starts to struggle financially I hope Penn doesn't allow blind pride to prevent him from welcoming financial partner/s. Its going to be a tough year due to lack of quality and depth but we just need to see it through and win a few games along the way. IMO Quality players will be reluctant to join us unless they can see we are on the up and that should be our main objective this year. I saw improvement in our defence at Leichhardt on Saturday and that is a good start.
Penn recruited two people, the CEO & Bozo. The CEO is the best in the NRL & Bozo messed it up from there. Poor Penn gets verballed for all of the ills.

Gorm
Penn recruited two people, the CEO & Bozo. The CEO is the best in the NRL & Bozo messed it up from there. Poor Penn gets verballed for all of the ills.
In not verbaling anyone I haven't quoted anything he has allegedly said. Gorman was the first right decision after a series of serious of flawed decisions including the management of negotiations with Foran and DCE, not signing DCE in the first instance and then having to pay overs to get him to back back flip on the Titans and of course the stupid decision to sack Toovey. The recruitment that followed including Barrett and the players that I don't need to name again can be blamed partially on Bozo but it had to be ratified by Penn. So in my books the mantra of "Poor Penn" doesn't cut it with me". As a Manly supporter I am indebted to the Penns for their investment in the club and acknowledge that without the support of financial backers like Quantum and the Penns it is likely we wouldn't be in existence now. But the responsibility for the big decisions lays with those that have the final say as they are paying the bills not covered by the salary cap..

Hes soft and slow.. another great signing by 'baz' the pretender. Last year he showed some mongrel in defense charging out of the line but only rarely. For the money hes on he needs to go...

when is Josh Jackson off contract??

Is that the same Josh Jackson Dessie let go ?

If you want to bag recruitment .... you could also consider that Dessie also let go Damian Cook for pocket change ... and signed Foran to a 4 year "superannuation" deal for squillions .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7