• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope this isn't the end for Big Joe but if it is what a stellar career it has been. George Rose you may have just been thrown a lifeline I hope you grab hold of it.

Sounds like it could be......fingers crossed its not as bad as first thought.

I'd say Gower will come in before Rose

He's a prolific tweeter so ill put an update on here if he says anything , will be bloody sad if that's the fat lady singing!!

Joe's achiiies has snapped :(

I can't see him recovering this season, so its the end of a great career :angel:

Still a mystery about Wolfie , his speed would have stopped their first try :(

Hiku can work on his defence but is not a speedster.
Dane Chisholm needs to be promoted :idea:

The Who said:
I thought he was terrific, and he looked like a torpedo in that maroon headgear.
Even more devastating than a torpedo.

He looked like Rambo (Ron Gibbs) in his prime. Deja vu.

HappilyManly said:

I can't see him recovering this season, so its the end of a great career :angel:

Sad day if that is the case.

If true many fans will be devastated, me for one , loved his interaction with the fans and his commitment to travel from where he lives, what a champ...fingers crossed not as bad as that

HappilyManly said:

And this thread was started before he got injured today. Such a shame, a poor way for anyone to finish their career. Oldest player in the NRL today, after Buderus.

Tough day for Joe. What a great player he's been for us over the last few years. Hope he plays again. Heal well Joe.

Why the panthers never signed him is beyond me....massive commitment traveling all that way.... Hope he hangs on another year or comes back this year!

Hope it's not the end. I thought it was a strange signing at first but how wrong i was. Like ballin, he's a real dedicated bloke who performs week in week out with not as much recognition as others. Will be upsetting if that was the last game he has played.

All the best Joe!!! Hoping for some positive news tomorrow but if that's it what a sad way for him to go out. However what a great career he has had especially his tenure with us. A true role model for younger players and will be truly missed. Thanks Joe!!!

Distressing news.
We can probably afford to lose him more at the moment than at some stages but his value is more than his stats. When I see him on I think 'oh good, joe's on', so I imagine he has that effect on the playing group too. He has basically eliminated mistakes and wrong decision-making from his play, and always seems to be doing exactly what is needed up the middle.
Hope it's not the end for him as a player.

Joe - an inspirational senior statesman, a top bloke, a fan favourite. But more importantly a family man, whatever happens family first mate.

Dual NRL title holder, member of kiwi centenary test win over Aussies. Massive development role of our forwards, hope he sticks around joint helps in development of Sao and chee kam.

One of the nicest players I've ever had the pleasure to meet and chat to. Always says hello witha genuine smile, and is valuable member of the team on the park as well. He will be missed. Thanks for a great few years Nood.

It's easy to forget what a great player he's been when we start talking about what a great guy he is. His value to the team has been immeasurable, but his value as a player - doing the hard stuff and doing it damn well - has been huge, too.
Hope he's able to run around next year…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6