• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

faithful

Reserve Grader
If the guy gives it away at the end of the season Manly must keep him in some sort of mentor capacity at the club . He is one of the nicest blokes in the NRL on and off the paddock and gives 100% every time he plays , he is an asset that shouldnt be lost.

I think I read somewhere recently that he will be mentoring Polynesian players out in the western suburbs

To think that a certain part owner of another club advised Joe to give the game away around 6-7 years ago .

Ramrod said:
Since we've lost Kitey for 2014, we should keep Joe if he doesn't cost too much.

I think that is entirely possible. Especially with the higher cap ceiling. One more season (for the road) should get Joe past 100 games for Manly.

Russell Crowe knew what he was talking about when he suggested that Joe should retire to become a full time minister. Here we all are crossing our fingers he holds off for one more year. An absolute champion. How about the Buhrer impersonation last night.

I think the issue with Joe at Souths was more along the lines of the previous management paying him 400,000+ which was miles over the level he was playing. Even when he finished up at Parra many fans didn't want him coming to us but he has been sensational

Has come a long way since being the skinny fullback making his NRL debut replacing Ridge !!

Kevinward777 said:
Russell Crowe new what he was talking about when he suggested trhat Joe should retire to become a full time minister. Here we all are crossing our fingers he holds off for one more year. An absolute champion. How about the Buhrer impersonation last night.
We would like to thank Russell for releasing the Priest so he can come over to us and bless us . Amen

dceagle said:
To think that a certain part owner of another club advised Joe to give the game away around 6-7 years ago .

The same owner was also telling the forwards what lines to run. Lol....

Joe is a guy you want on your team. A humble bloke who has an amazing work ethic and dedication. His on field displays are still at a high level even in the twighlight of his career. Runs hard and hits hard. Knows his role as a impact player and performs it with true professionalism. Has had a long and successful career which includes publicized lows and deserving highs. Is a real role model for any aspiring footballers especially Polynesians. Keep doing what you do Big Joe!!!

He is tuff as a they come. His ability to play through pain and play quality sets him above most bench players in football. When needed he can be your starting prop or be a bench back rower and play massive minutes. He is underrated in most circles but he will never be underrated by me.

So glad all these so called experts wrote off our ageing team. Joe at the top of the age tree is leading the way again. The leg drive from our boys is outstanding this year. The amount of ground we get from our forwards is terrific. I hope these old blokes like Joe,King,Kite,Lyon,Matai,Stewarts,Choc just keep throwing it back in the faces of the knockers all year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6