Jesse Ramien

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Previously, we haven’t been allowed to but we are definitely interested in bringing him back. A lot will come down to the cap; hence Parker potentially moving on.

The big plus for us is he chased $$$ at Knights and it hasn’t made him happy or a better player so coming home to Manly and playing under Des (who will sort his game out) is an attractive proposition.
A couple of points:

1. If you are a Manly ‘insider’ - is it not highly unprofessional to talk about these matters in an online forum, intimating that a player like Parker might be moved on; and more broadly

2. The problem might lie with Ramien, who I would imagine is still very young emotionally, rather than his coach - who I would imagine achieved a state of emotional maturity years ago?

Summary: many of us like Parker, a true Manly junior, not some mercenary from the Central Coast on his third club in about four seasons. We would like Parker to stay put. Surely they have learnt the lesson of letting Gutherson go. In Parker’s case, he doesn’t have a history of injuries that can be used as an excuse to offload him.

Last edited:
A couple of points:

1. If you are a Manly ‘insider’ - is it not highly unprofessional to talk about these matters in an online forum, intimating that a player like Parker might be moved on; and more broadly

2. The problem might lie with Ramien, who I would imagine is still very young emotionally, rather than his coach - who I would imagine achieved a state of emotional maturity years ago?

Summary: many of us like Parker, a true Manly junior, not some mercenary from the Central Coast on his third club in about four seasons. We would like Parker to stay put. Surely they have learnt the lesson of letting Gutherson go. In Parker’s case, he doesn’t have a history of injuries that can be used as an excuse to offload him.
Have you been living in a twilight zone? The whole NRL circus is a bibs and bobs of who will end up where. More than 3/4 of the league are mercenaries for hire. The only ones that aren’t are those who can demand enough money to tell you that they’re not. Parker featured in an article over a month ago discussing him as a potential target for the Tigers...if we are interested in Ramien, you don’t have to be Einstein to work out who will more than likely make way.

The Dogs have publicly declared they are interested in the Turbo’s and we all know that they have tried to offload Foran’s contract onto someone else...ditto Reynolds at the Tigers and Koroisau at Manly. This is professional sport not happy families.

I should have said I predict Parker will make way if we snare Ramien; it is simply an educated guess.

Last edited:
Surely every club would be wary of signing a player who is more changeable than the rules surrounding superannuation.
I'm not sure if we will have room for another centre in our top 30. We have Parker, Suli, Walker (possible 5/8), Garrick (currently playing wing), Funa, Kioa (injured), Hopaote Jnr (injured) . . . and I've probably have missed someone else.

The mercenary call might be a bit harsh, he does have a family at a young age,plus all his previous contracts were at nyc level so would of never been on much coin he also signed with the knights early into his first grade career at cronulla,, might of thought there was more opportunity there. There were reports he didnt fit in to the knights culture being a non drinker

Good player, but dont see it happening.
12 months ago i would have jumped on it - but with the development of Suli and Parker this year, and the likely retention of Walker.. we have other fish to fry

You make a good point there feathered friend

but I some how think there is enough room in the frying pan for Jesse as well

61zJqtcE25L._SX425_.jpg

I like Jesse but he is another hot and cold player ... he was as a junior for us ... if it came down to a choice I'd rather keep the GinjaNinja ... you know you are going to get 100% each game
100% agree,not that impressed with Ramien,seems another Albert Torrens but less consistent.Keep Parker and Suli and have Funa as top backup.Never saw what others seem to find so impressive....

The mercenary call might be a bit harsh, he does have a family at a young age,plus all his previous contracts were at nyc level so would of never been on much coin he also signed with the knights early into his first grade career at cronulla,, might of thought there was more opportunity there. There were reports he didnt fit in to the knights culture being a non drinker
A family man barely out of his teens....I mean what could go wrong?

I rate Ramien as a blockbusting centre who could improve under Des....but we already have a power centre and imo, the best defensive centre in the game in B Parker, who have gone ahead in leaps and bounds.
The way the side is going, I reckon it would be a slap in the face and possibly even break the unity this group have achieved against the odds.
Super impressed by the improvement of the centres, both Suli and Parker and I feel its theirs to lose after earning their places.
Early season would have been like winning a lottery, but very happy with the balance we have and can only see further improvement as they gain confidence.

As always it comes down to a $ based decision.

Does Des think that the value he gets out of a Parker or Suli allows him to invest extra money in areas that he feels needs to be strengthened.

I though Ramien was good last year, so much so I took a punt on him in my Supercoach team at start of season - he was a bust though as he hardly saw the ball and made very little impact. The Ponga at 5/8 experiment killed him dead in terms of attack for the Knights - he and Fitzgibbon

He's better than what he has showed this year - he played Junior Kangaroos from memory when at Cronulla. I'd be happy to have him back - especially if Knights pay some freight

lock down trbojevic x2 before even thinking about going for him.
need to see if parker is 100% to stay beyond this year, contracted only for this year and tigers apparently having a sniff, if parker left and we missed out on ramien it would be a big loss.

Ramien would be a good get. Just not at the expense of the Ginja Ninja. That Brad is back and our backline defensive leaks have magically stopped is no fluke. He also continues to show how good the lines are he runs.

#Parks before any other centre even Walks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8