Jesse Ramien

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure you can hold it against a 22 year old for moving clubs to get an opportunity or an increase in $?

I agree with you there and this is the young mans journey ......

In 2014 at the age of 17 he made his way from Dubbo into our NYC team and in 2017 The Sharks showed more interest in him than we did and he broke into their NRL team that year as well as 2018 playing great footy impressing Fittler to include him in a SOO training squad . He also impressed the rebuilding Knights who made an offer that the salary cap troubled Sharks could not match .

Nathan Brown ....
Brown described Ramien as a "decent, young kid", and said he'd be surprised if the 22-year-old criticised the club over his short-lived stint in the Hunter.
The former Cronulla three-quarter was trumpeted as a star of the future when he arrived at the Knights last year on a two-year deal.
Yet, Brown maintained there was nothing sinister in Ramien's likely exit.
"It just didn't work out. Player's happiness has got to be at the top of the tree because that's when people play their best," he said.
"We'll move on from that. Now we've got Manly this week; we've got a new team.
"Jesse will move on to a club where I'm sure when he finds happiness - he'll play great. He'll go to the market and we'll find someone to replace Jess.
"That's the way the rugby league world works."

Would generally agree with you but Suli is my favourite redemption story right now :)

The prime difference there is that Suli was let go by the clubs ... which made redemption a possibility ... with noodles ... he has chosen to leave 3 clubs for whatever his own reasons were .... does not seem to be the attributes of someone that embraces commitment, contracts, loyalaty or team mates .... just pondering ...

The prime difference there is that Suli was let go by the clubs ... which made redemption a possibility ... with noodles ... he has chosen to leave 3 clubs for whatever his own reasons were .... does not seem to be the attributes of someone that embraces commitment, contracts, loyalaty or team mates .... just pondering ...
Jesse left the Sharks for his child.

Maybe his family situation has changed and he is under off field pressures again @:cool:

I think the Ramien is a mercenary thing is a bit overplayed.

He left Manly for an opportunity at the Sharks which proved a wise decision.

His only "proper" move is the Sharks to the Knights for family reasons and for one reason or amother that has fallen apart

I'd be all for it

If he has permission to leave the Knights immediately, doesn't that essentially mean that he will be going to Super League? I didn't think players could sign for another club after June 30.

No he has been told he is free to look elsewhere and doesn't have to report to training.

Newcastle still have to pay him for this year.

He will take an early holiday and contine to pick up his cheque then will suit up elsewhere next year

No he has been told he is free to look elsewhere and doesn't have to report to training.

Newcastle still have to pay him for this year.

He will take an early holiday and contine to pick up his cheque then will suit up elsewhere next year
Seems like a waste for the Knights, and for Ramien's opportunities as a first grader. Why not just suck it up for 6 more weeks?

If the rumours about the resurgent party-boy culture at Newcastle are true, I think it’s more of a mark in his favour that he didn’t fit in there, TBH. Especially if he’s moved there for his wife and kids’ happiness (being closer to her family support etc), and found himself in the middle of a drinking, drugging, and whoring environment...I can see how that would be difficult for him/them to cope with!

Leaving Manly for the first grade opportunity at the Sharks - hard to fault anyone for that when first grade careers are not easy to establish and the window to set yourself (and your family) up is so narrow.

He seems like a pretty good bloke, and obviously with some ability. No black marks that I can see, and wouldn’t have an issue with him coming back to Manly at all.

Mate we have no room for him.. suli parker walker and ramien.. 4 players 2 spots... in Des we trust! We need a 2nd rower if joel leaves, i hope he stays hes been awesome
Yeah ... we need to show some loyalty to the players we have. That’s the problem with rugby league these days.... players getting bought and sold mid season.

I wouldn't take him back if The Mole latest rumour is correct. He's saying the players wanted him gone cause of whinging about not enough ball, not getting paid enough etc etc. If true sounds like he's all about himself and not the team.

I wouldn't take him back if The Mole latest rumour is correct. He's saying the players wanted him gone cause of whinging about not enough ball, not getting paid enough etc etc. If true sounds like he's all about himself and not the team.
Mole is right less than 50% of the time.

Realistically we are not in the market for Ramien. We have priorities in retaining the currant squad. Des has confirmed one thing for me and that is ....rebuilds are an excuse for not being able to bring out the best in what you have.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8