Jesse Ramien

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Would not give you two bob for a player that changes clubs every year .....

Would not give you two bob for a player that changes clubs every year .....
Was under the same impression - he is the common denominator.
Des could well be the bloke to turn him around and if we were under performing, would be all in.
Just think it could disrupt what we have, which is pretty special atm with blokes all putting in and digging deep.
New signings can have those in the position questioning why and the effect can also carry over to the team, which is in great head space with mentality.
In actual fact I think Parker and Suli are close to the most improved in the NRL and...let me add....still improving

Exactly @maxta ,still improving.
The thought of losing Parker really worries me ,it seems like he has done everything Des has asked of him.
I bet he still has more ,Des moved Walker to get him back in ,I think he is a Dessie project and dont think Des will want him walking just yet either.

Was under the same impression - he is the common denominator.
Des could well be the bloke to turn him around and if we were under performing, would be all in.
Just think it could disrupt what we have, which is pretty special atm with blokes all putting in and digging deep.
New signings can have those in the position questioning why and the effect can also carry over to the team, which is in great head space with mentality.
In actual fact I think Parker and Suli are close to the most improved in the NRL and...let me add....still improving

Firstly let me say that Parker has done everything to deserve his spot in the team and I can see him developing further .

I do not believe that new signings put question marks over a clubs current squad . That is a very negative way of thinking

New signings are part of a clubs proactive process in maintaning depth and healthy competition amongst the playing group

Depth is critical for a club in a long season

and Competition breeds out the best in all players .

brian-mcbride-brian-mcbride-i-think-competition-is-very-important-it.jpg

Firstly let me say that Parker has done everything to deserve his spot in the team and I can see him developing further .

I do not believe that new signings put question marks over a clubs current squad . That is a very negative way of thinking

New signings are part of a clubs proactive process in maintaning depth and healthy competition amongst the playing group

View attachment 12017

There is good competition for spots and bad. You get guys like Brendan Elliot or Matthew wright in years gone by who wait in the wings and play a very important role when it needs filling. Then you have guys like Jackson Hastings or probably Ramien who think they are owed a starting position. If Ramien allegedly had the poops coz he wasn’t getting enough ball at the Knights I can assure you he’d be no happier playing second fiddle to Parker or suli. We have plenty of individual brilliance in this side it’s the players who can fill the cracks that are most important, and that’s those which aren’t usually the most gifted but are able to perform a role with humility.

Thess are first-year regulars from that team:

Tom Trbojevic (Sea eagles)
Jesse Ramien (Knights)
Liam Knight (Rabbitohs)
Luke Garner (Tigers)

Billy Bainbridge played a handful of first grade games as has Nicho Hynes.
Cade Cust, Manase Fainu??

Not sure you can hold it against a 22 year old for moving clubs to get an opportunity or an increase in $?

View attachment 12017
I think Suli and Parker have been playing well above what I have seen from Ramian in 2019 and at this stage of a promising season, do not see these guys needing motivation as they are already giving plenty....like your energy Bozo but I kind of find the negative thing here thinking these guys who have proven themselves need to be looking over shoulders.
I do agree however, that depth is important and feel the need to keep youngsters like Schuster, Hoppa jnr and Ben Turbo who we have signed on and could well be ready by 2020, to have an impact and I call these boys reasonably good depth that you will be happy with in years to come.
I'm your feathered friend Bozo, have faith in our own backyard before looking into over other fences that may not be greener....

Gun youngsters don't just get sacked outright from a club and told don't even turn up to training. Very hard to know what is going on but something is going on, absolutely no doubt at all.
This could be Nathan Brown's 'Jackson Hastings moment'. The story will come out eventually, meanwhile the Knights team morale and Brown's future are both very much on the line.

There is good competition for spots and bad. You get guys like Brendan Elliot or Matthew wright in years gone by who wait in the wings and play a very important role when it needs filling. Then you have guys like Jackson Hastings or probably Ramien who think they are owed a starting position. If Ramien allegedly had the poops coz he wasn’t getting enough ball at the Knights I can assure you he’d be no happier playing second fiddle to Parker or suli. We have plenty of individual brilliance in this side it’s the players who can fill the cracks that are most important, and that’s those which aren’t usually the most gifted but are able to perform a role with humility.
Jesse did not have that the world owes him everything attitude when he was playing good footy with the Sharks . To Judge his character with his time at one club that he was not happy at is not reasonable .
My view is that a team can never have enough depth .
Every year , every club signs depth players even clubs like Penrith who have plenty of juniors on their books .

Lets face it. Players who seek contracts under some coaches are assuring themselves of a likely fall. McGregor is one, Dali another and I've always considered Brown a poor first grade coach. They've already lost two players this year. Brown is looking for excuses but the buck stops with him. He has a legion of top players at his disposal, and yet again his team struggles at the end of season just like St George. Ramien is making the right decision, though I would say the Dogs aren't much better as an option.

Gun youngsters don't just get sacked outright from a club and told don't even turn up to training. Very hard to know what is going on but something is going on, absolutely no doubt at all.
This could be Nathan Brown's 'Jackson Hastings moment'. The story will come out eventually, meanwhile the Knights team morale and Brown's future are both very much on the line.
Totally understand how it looks this way but the full story has been told.

He is Dubbo boy and a quiet type and has struggled to adjust to life and football in Newcastle. It is also true that he hasn't seen a lot of ball and therefore hasn't really been enjoying his football. There have been rumblings for months that he was unhappy and then his form started reflecting that fact. Brown is under immense pressure to get Newcastle into the finals and he cannot rely on a guy like Ramien who doesn't even want to be there, compromising the chances of success for his football side.

The last straw was when Ramien was dropped for his terrible form...the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Brown is mystified at Ramien's form and Ramien is unhappy so it makes sense for both parties to part ways and start again.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11