JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In yesterdays reports it mentioned the Melbourne CEO would also be in the witness box. What the hell does it have to do with him. Don't e have an "independent commission" to be independent
They must have struck a deal with Greenturd for giving favourable evidence.. No more random cap auditing, let the scam testimonial slide or give the scum their titles back ... Typical scum going to bat for the most corrupt administrator of the game.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has claimed in federal court that his daughter’s friends are among the women turned away from rugby league as the showdown with Jack de Belin continues over the league’s new no-fault stand-down policy.

Wow. He's resorting to telling the court his daughter doesn't like bad behaving league players therefore everything he says is correct.

Ironically she and her friends play in a touch footy league.

Maybe he should ask his daughter and she may say it's him that's making her turn away.

Surely that has carries no legal weight @ you so called lawyer types??

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has claimed in federal court that his daughter’s friends are among the women turned away from rugby league as the showdown with Jack de Belin continues over the league’s new no-fault stand-down policy.

Wow. He's resorting to telling the court his daughter doesn't like bad behaving league players therefore everything he says is correct.

Maybe he should ask his daughter and she may say it's him that's making her turn away.

Read this on Twitter.

FMD

That’s all!!

Read this on Twitter.

FMD

That’s all!!
No wonder there is no transparency in the NRL. If everyone knew the reasons and rationale for Greenturd's decisions there would be outrage.. The furcker has just admitted under oath;
*There was no new/ further information that the NRL were made aware of in JDB case before deciding to enforce new policy
* he/nrl had drafted a prepared statement for JDB to read out when asked to stand down on his own accord the day before press release of new policy
*Their policy was driven by NPS
*His daughter's friends left the game..

What a joke this prick is.

Isn't it just wonderful that week after week this and other Greenburg related stuff-ups is all that dominates the news cycle?

Thank goodness Manly has has a few wins, otherwise at times this game would be impossible to follow.

Geenturd states that the violence against women is turning fans away from the game in the De Bellin hearing. While I agree with that sentiment, what should not be overlooked is the overwhelming majority of the people being turned off the game are because they are sick and tired of Greenturd and Beattie consistently undermining the fabric of the game with their diabolical leadership!!

Isn't it just wonderful that week after week this and other Greenburg related stuff-ups is all that dominates the news cycle?

Thank goodness Manly has has a few wins, otherwise at times this game would be impossible to follow.
Snake's suspension aside, it really puts David Gallop era into perspective.

Geenturd states that the violence against women is turning fans away from the game in the De Bellin hearing. While I agree with that sentiment, what should not be overlooked is the overwhelming majority of the people being turned off the game are because they are sick and tired of Greenturd and Beattie consistently undermining the fabric of the game with their diabolical leadership!!
All they had to do was show the concern from sponsors, the $ lost from sponsors turning away and possibly show the year on year sponsorship growth on a decline this year as facts...

All they had to do was show the concern from sponsors, the $ lost from sponsors turning away and possibly show the year on year sponsorship growth on a decline this year as facts...

Not sure a judge will agree that losing money is a justifable reason to trample somebodies basic human rights .....

PSSS ... not sure they will be able to prove any lost money .... anecdotal eveidence of he said she said won't work .... as far as I know all clubs now have sponsors and memberships and crowds are up .....

Didn't St George bank threaten to walk as sponsors of St Merge when this all happened, or was it just social media overdramatising things?

There has been no shortage of violence against women incidents over the past 5 years ... yet women are the fastest growing fan demographic in the game over that period ........ I believe these claims to be nonsense ......

Whoever replaces Greenburg are definitely going to earn their money cleaning up his mess. He has sent the game so far backwards during his agenda driven, megalomaniacal, counterproductive and destructive tenure, only someone like Geoff Toovey could reverse the damage he has done to the game.

Send her a Manly Supporters pack and turn her to the light :happy:

Not sure a judge will agree that losing money is a justifable reason to trample somebodies basic human rights .....

PSSS ... not sure they will be able to prove any lost money .... anecdotal eveidence of he said she said won't work .... as far as I know all clubs now have sponsors and memberships and crowds are up .....
I reckon if they put actual facts against the impact of the controversy then they'd be a much better chance. It's not that the NRL want to make a judgement on unproven charges. It's that they want to protect their "brand" from an employee that brings a financially negative impact to said "brand".

Having said that, the way they've gone about the trial suggests that no such quantification was made. Based on what they've put forward, it looks like Greenberg has just made a "gut" decision to restrict JDB's opportunity to play. Had they been able to quantify that he did bring forward a significant, negative impact then the verdict could fall in their favour, but the NRL have made an incompetent decision based on hearsay and knee-jerk reactions instead of factual justification.

The “I have a daughter” and she and her friends don’t like footy anymore argument, in court no less, is so unbelievably lame it’s not funny.

When you have clowns running a corporation for personal interests and one clown comes on national television stating 'I am a lawyer', knowing all to well the policy introduced will impede our basic rule of law, then the other clown states 'it is impossible to ever be consistent', knowing to well the decisions made will impede on natural justice and procedural fairness under the policy, this clearly showed that if the matter proceeded to the appropriate body for assessment they had nothing to entertain a reasonable legal argument.

It becomes embarrassing for legal counsel who is held in decent regard to entertain such irrelevant considerations as to why ratings and family/ friends opinions gave these clowns the scope and authority to go around doing what they did.

This my friends is what is regarded bringing the game into disrepute by having policies that are in direct contradiction to our rule of law (remembering one clown ran on television stating I am a lawyer). There can be no mistake, they knew very well the policy was totally against what legislation requires; it was no mistake. It is time for the clowns to stand down ASAP

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8