JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Paul Kent is a loud mouthed, dribbling moron. The tosser implied that Snake played a part in his own FALSE rape allegations by getting drunk at the season launch. The man is nothing but a puppet, and a gutless little worm. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Crawley iron him out on television. How this slurring idiot ever managed to jag a position on camera is mind boggling.

It is laughable that a reputable organization would even consider tendering a customer survey in court as justification for an action. Who is advising these fools?

Peter Beattie. Haven't you heard? He was / is a lawyer you know!

Wait 5 mins and he'll tell us again.

Soon to be employed as the Iraqi media manager, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has defended the league's controversial "no fault" stand down rule while admitting that there was no evidence that the rule would curb off-field scandals.

In that case Turdy Greenburglar and Peter Beatoff should be on trial, its their uneven playing field, that allows eye gouging from the pets but gives manly 2 weeks suspension for an accidental slap, that is reducing the NPS
Peter Beatoff...love it!

Don't let him walk past any of that 'wacking material' at O'Hare Airport (think Flying High).

Einfeld pointed to a February 27 tweet by ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie in which he said: “De Belin is innocent unless proven guilty. Neither I, nor the ARLC & NRL are in possession of any evidence that enable us to form a view on this matter.”

Greenberg responded: “Our chairman does tweet a quite a bit.”

Goodness, is there no limit to Greenburg's douchebaggery?

Yes, maybe he does tweet quite a bit, so:
Does that make him wrong?
He is a lawyer after all (just ask him)

And being a condescending f-wit in a court of law does not make your assertions correct.

Paul Kent is a loud mouthed, dribbling moron. The tosser implied that Snake played a part in his own FALSE rape allegations by getting drunk at the season launch. The man is nothing but a puppet, and a gutless little worm. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Crawley iron him out on television. How this slurring idiot ever managed to jag a position on camera is mind boggling.
Yes I’ve been quite surprised at Kent getting a few wraps on here lately. Simply a dribbler and always was. Just because on the odd occasion he favours Manly does not excuse his incompetence , speech patterns and extremely low IQ for a man whose job it is is to inform the general public.

The case is pretty straightforward legally.The complexity arises in the factual side of the case.

The NRL has the right to change its rules and the player when signing the contract agrees to abide by those rules as they are changed from time to time. That is a clear part of the contract and the players are aware of it. There is absolutely no doubt the NRL can change its rules when it sees fit.

What the Federal Court is deciding is if the rule change in question adheres to the basic principals of natural justice and can actually be a legal part of the contract. Factors such as restraint of trade, reputational damage to individual players , the NRLs right to protect its brand and the ongoing reputation of the game as a viable option for kids and community standards all go to this question of natural justice.

Will be interesting result.I can see good arguments on both sides. The one area that may count heavily against the NRL in a close contest is the haphazard and bungled nature of the rules introduction which suggests a lack of thought as to the ramifications. Would not surprise me a verdict either way.

Last edited:
Thanks for the head up about what James Graham had to say. Great stuff. He and Benji make a lot of sense.

The video is on the Fox Sports website if anyone wants to watch it. See here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league

For a Pom who has taken a thousand knocks to the head in one of the toughest positions in sport, he handles himself very very well

His stance on concussion a few weeks back was interesting as well, he was ridiculed from all quarters about it, but he was coming from a place where he has done a ton of his own research on it consulting with numerous experts to form his view

In yesterdays reports it mentioned the Melbourne CEO would also be in the witness box. What the hell does it have to do with him. Don't e have an "independent commission" to be independent

In yesterdays reports it mentioned the Melbourne CEO would also be in the witness box. What the hell does it have to do with him. Don't e have an "independent commission" to be independent
Apparently he is going to give evidence of what damage player indiscretions cause to clubs in terms of the ability to attract members and sponsorship. The reason why it is him and not someone else? Who knows other than the fact that he was quite vocal at the time that the Storm would stand down one of their players in similar circumstances (but until it actually happens to one of his players it really is just hot air).

I believe the retrospective nature of this response without a sound evidential foundation will be their undoing. They can and will utilise this rule into the future. It is a dangerous development IMO. Imagine if crooks decide to disempower a side by creating false allegations about a vital player so as to affect outcomes and betting?

Interesting that a lot of people’s opinion on this is based purely on their disdain for Greenberg and Beattie.Does that mean most people want to see DeBelin and Walker back playing?DeBelin I can partially understand due to the evidence being tantamount to a he said she said situation but as for Walker,the Triple 0 call and witnesses evidence are quite compelling
Give it up...........we get it, you don't like Walker but have you heard the 000 call personally or just believe what the papers say? I hope Walker plays ASAP whether anyone on here likes it or not! If he is found guilty for his actions then by all means sack him & I will be happy to see the end of him...until then he should have the right to play!

Last edited:
When the federal court rules in JDB's favour, I sicerely hope that Fox journalist Lara Pitt (others are also encouraged) to make Beattie eat his own words and make him stand down for all the damage the NRL has caused to the reputation and image of the game due to the handling of this whole saga.

Last month Pitt grilled Beattie over this, asking who was responsible for any damages inflicted under the policy.

And the former Queensland Premier was quick to put the onus on himself.

"Look, at the end of the day as chairman of the Commission I am responsible for it," Beattie said.

Apparently he is going to give evidence of what damage player indiscretions cause to clubs in terms of the ability to attract members and sponsorship. The reason why it is him and not someone else? Who knows other than the fact that he was quite vocal at the time that the Storm would stand down one of their players in similar circumstances (but until it actually happens to one of his players it really is just hot air).

Reason its the Storm CEO is because they owe Greenturd for the Slater verdict.

What ever the ruling ends up being ,Greenturd and Beatoff will come out and say we are trying to protect the image of the game blah blah we stand strong on this blah blah
And then bring something else up about how great the rectangular stadium is at parramatta and this is great for the eels cause the league needs the eels winning blah blah Debelin who ........

When the federal court rules in JDB's favour, I sicerely hope that Fox journalist Lara Pitt (others are also encouraged) to make Beattie eat his own words and make him stand down for all the damage the NRL has caused to the reputation and image of the game due to the handling of this whole saga.

Last month Pitt grilled Beattie over this, asking who was responsible for any damages inflicted under the policy.

"Look, at the end of the day as chairman of the Commission I am responsible for it," Beattie said.

Agreed, but isn't it funny how many times that people who initially claim the buck stops with them....don't resign when it all goes to poop.

That's right...poop.

So Greenturd meets with JDB the day before they released their dodgy rule. Was Walker afforded the same consideration. Obviously not. Manly players aren't considered for any rule other than being shafted.

The Manly “ loading” again!!

I remember that at the launch , love Lara ( apart from being a good sort ) she wasn’t pulling any punches with that interview.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8