JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone remind me just how many lawyers the nrl currently has on their payroll, I seem to remember it is in double figures. It is beyond laughable

Interesting that a lot of people’s opinion on this is based purely on their disdain for Greenberg and Beattie.Does that mean most people want to see DeBelin and Walker back playing?DeBelin I can partially understand due to the evidence being tantamount to a he said she said situation but as for Walker,the Triple 0 call and witnesses evidence are quite compelling

Interesting that a lot of people’s opinion on this is based purely on their disdain for Greenberg and Beattie.Does that mean most people want to see DeBelin and Walker back playing?DeBelin I can partially understand due to the evidence being tantamount to a he said she said situation but as for Walker,the Triple 0 call and witnesses evidence are quite compelling

Innocent until proven guilty for me regardless of who it is. I remember the ‘evidence’ and ‘witnesses’ reported in the papers after Stewart’s case

Watching 360 tonight I haven’t seen anyone make more sense of the whole thing than James Graham, he would do a better job than Greemberg running the game

Yep @Kiwi Eagle, Graham is very measured and on the ball with plenty of stuff, Benji too, I can imagine them in the RLPA discussions getting stuck right in.
Good on them too, it's refreshing to see a different side.

As Graham pretty much said on 360 tonight ( I can't remember exactly but..) - it's not that we dismiss the alleged victim and the allegations, it's that everyone deserves the right of presumption of innocence until the court deems otherwise.
He went on to say that the NRL should have pre-empted something like this and written it in during the last collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
Benji chimed in with "it's not like we haven't had similar incidents before " ( paraphrasing again )

Yep @Kiwi Eagle, Graham is very measured and on the ball with plenty of stuff, Benji too, I can imagine them in the RLPA discussions getting stuck right in.
Good on them too, it's refreshing to see a different side.

As Graham pretty much said on 360 tonight ( I can't remember exactly but..) - it's not that we dismiss the alleged victim and the allegations, it's that everyone deserves the right of presumption of innocence until the court deems otherwise.
He went on to say that the NRL should have pre-empted something like this and written it in during the last collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
Benji chimed in with "it's not like we haven't had similar incidents before " ( paraphrasing again )

Yeah I’m a big fan of Benji too

Another line of Graham’s that stuck with me was there was no new evidence presented between the initial allegations in December and this decision in February, so why leave it so late

Well from what has been reported it's not looking good for the NRL.

The impression I am getting is that the NRL will lose tomorrow. But there is still another day to the trial.

So Greenturd meets with JDB the day before they released their dodgy rule. Was Walker afforded the same consideration. Obviously not. Manly players aren't considered for any rule other than being shafted.

I would love to be able to watch Beattie get cross examined tomorrow. I’d pay good money for the privilege.

These are very sad days for the once upon-a-time sport I enjoyed for 40 years. I am perplexed that one player on his own has had the courage to fight the NRL corruption (and he will be victorious), whilst everyone else just waits in anticipation. Where did the players representatives run to; when this 'no fault' fallacy was introduced? Why was a class action not commenced by clubs that had their players axed by this ridiculous breach of rights? Why was there such a fuss made last weekend when two (2) cowboys players were down and out concerning (player welfare)? Is disregarding a right not jeopardising the welfare of a player as well?

By the end of the week when the Federal Court rules in JDB's favour I pose the following question.... has Greenturd and the NRL Commission not brought the game into disrepute by the introduction of this nonsensical 'no fault' policy?

I would love to be able to watch Beattie get cross examined tomorrow. I’d pay good money for the privilege.
Just go watch this guy instead, has more of a clue about football too.
coverstory_larryclark_p3a4584-mag.jpg

It looks like the NRL have taken a bit of a hit today in Court:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/3d8394f8bb229e9118aa011bf1b624bf

One of things they were relying on to justify the introduction of their 'no-fault' policy is historical evidence of their NPS or Net Promotor Score, which is essentially how likely someone is to recommend the NRL to another person.

The NRL's case thus far has been that because of the off field incidents, the NRL's NPS has been reducing and this reduction has required the introduction of the policy.

The judge, has thrown out the evidence for a lack of relevance to the case.

I am a law student, but am not quite sure with the precise question of law that is being put to the Federal Court. My understanding is that this is an issue of administrative law; the NRL is a body which was presumably empowered by Federal Act and can make decisions within the ambit of the authority delegated to them. They will not be able to violate fundamental freedoms which include principles of natural justice - i.e. the right to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence.

So the case will turn on whether the NRL had the authority to bring in this policy.

All in all, looks like a bit of a blow to the NRL's case and we might be seeing JDB and Dylan Walker back in action sooner rather than later!
Can not believe they used NPS. The exactly point of nps is that the brand owner can't control the nps they can only do good things with their brand and product to hopefully get a higher outcome. I use nps as a sales tactic all the time but also with actual evidence.

The NRL damages their own nps with their reaction.

And Greenberg has the gall to present JDB with a statement, which JDB was not even consulted about, in the hope that JDB would release it to the press and stand himself down from playing. Unbelievable!

Just shows you the arrogance of the man.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a great day for JDB.

Last edited:
Watching 360 tonight I haven’t seen anyone make more sense of the whole thing than James Graham, he would do a better job than Greemberg running the game

Thanks for the head up about what James Graham had to say. Great stuff. He and Benji make a lot of sense.

The video is on the Fox Sports website if anyone wants to watch it. See here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2