• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is that snide bs remark necessary? I don't follow god but what did your crap comment add?
Come on, did anyone NOT notice it? It stuck out like a sore thumb to anyone who followed NRL this year.

Good on Jason, I've seen him interviewed and he seems like a very likeable young guy.

However let's not put our heads in the sand, throughout society the contradictions between religions and human rights are coming more and more to a head. You must have noticed the intense debate over the last couple of years around Scomo's (shelved) Religious Discrimination Bill. The demonstrations in Iran? It's not just here, or just in NRL.

Anyway contrary to the lies deliberately spread here by @Woodsie I have no issue with religious freedom at all, people can believe what they want to believe. However that shouldn't give you the right to discriminate against sections of society.

So congrats to Jason for the contract (I like it as he is unique talent) and good on him for thanking his God, and good on Manly for not persecuting (by refusing to extend) a guy just for his religious beliefs.

However I don't find Shoe's quip offensive at all, or intolerant. Pointing out funny stuff like people thanking God for your contract (does that mean it's God's fault that others didn't get a contract?) doesn't mean people aren't allowed to have their beliefs. But if you put your beliefs into a public press announcement, and they are funny - then others are allowed to comment on them.

Aren't they? Unless you reject the idea of free speech I suppose. Maybe you want comedians to go out of business!

Having said all that - I agree @Shoe1 comment didn't add much :)

Apropos of nothing - a friend of mine is a real church minister, and he recently thanked god for a successful operation on his crook son. I said to him I hope you thanked the doctors and nurses. So I'm not singling Jason out here. I acknowledge my comments are gratuitous and likely say more about me and my own hang-ups than they do about the believers.

Also mentions new structures at Manly this year. Hope I can notice them!
And gives Flanagan a wrap as attack coach.
And says 'Garrick has decided to be fast this year' - an interesting comment as he was already pretty quick.

the big guy tipping break out seasons for Gordon Chan Kum Tong and ... Samuela Fainu
It always makes me uneasy when players (particularly relatively new players) speak publicly about players they think will debut. I always wonder how the coaches (and the players like Croker) feel about them doing that. And it would be nice to see Flanno in some Manly colours if he's coaching.

Apropos of nothing - a friend of mine is a real church minister, and he recently thanked god for a successful operation on his crook son. I said to him I hope you thanked the doctors and nurses. So I'm not singling Jason out here. I acknowledge my comments are gratuitous and likely say more about me and my own hang-ups than they do about the believers.
Don't worry too much @Shoe1 - everyone is a little triggered these days.

I'm sure that on-line media counts on a percentage of readers seeing a headline, getting outraged in some way, and then clicking on the article to find that the headline itself was triggering clickbait.

Modern media wants us to be outraged, to fall into tribal demographics, and then to exploit those demographics.

1675225217385.jpeg

I can't wait until he is back. It will really add another dimension to our attack especially our unpredictability when he chimes in with DCE and his kicking game. Does he come straight back in? Or one or two runs with Blacktown first to build up some match fitness? He is obviously an automatic inclusion into our team when he is healthy and fit. Such a likeable character too.

I can't wait until he is back. It will really add another dimension to our attack especially our unpredictability when he chimes in with DCE and his kicking game. Does he come straight back in? Or one or two runs with Blacktown first to build up some match fitness? He is obviously an automatic inclusion into our team when he is healthy and fit. Such a likeable character too.
I hope you are right…. But I have never seem a fast or powerful reconditioned Saab!

Just sayin’

I am betting that by end of year Saab will be an absolute holy terror for every back in the comp. He is like an absolute giant.

I well remember when Garrick used to get rag-dolled on returns, now a very big post-contact metre maker. I remember when Turbo was a bit of a turnstile on the tryline, now a formidable presence indeed.

By year end Saab will be The Punisher.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4