[Resurrected] jamil hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A sad downfall of a kid who showed marked potential throughout his teens, and threw it down the toilet through foolish indiscipline and substance abuse. Lost his chance through that serious assault and imprisonment, was on the road back and looked good in lower grades, but I would suspect allowed his social life to distract him from his chance to make it big. Using cocaine, suggests he was struggling to cope with a lifestyle that was going backwards. Pretty certain he's lost to Rugby League
There’s no coming back from this, his more than just lost to RL, I’d say there’s a fair chance this will cost him his life, $155m is no joke and those involved will be made to pay one way or another. I for one will not be surprised when we read of his death in the not to distant future.

Why go and get just 10kg's of it ?

To fund a $155 million importation I think would require some pretty big and connected operators ... and I assume that Jamil wasn't the brains or finance behind the deal ... I wonder if the big boys knew Hoppa was going to get an early taste ?

Someone is going to be very unhappy with Hoppa ..

This is so disappointing

Earning drug money so you can ruin people , kids , families, lives

We are all born to make a contribution to life and to the world

We are all born to leave a legacy and be of an inspiration to our world

This is so disappointing

12noon radio news called him a "sacked NRL player" but no mention of Manly.

Does not having your contract renewed count as being sacked ?

Why go and get just 10kg's of it ?

To fund a $155 million importation I think would require some pretty big and connected operators ... and I assume that Jamil wasn't the brains or finance behind the deal ... I wonder if the big boys knew Hoppa was going to get an early taste ?

Someone is going to be very unhappy with Hoppa ..

The Wood Royal Commission.

At least it wasn't Crack, Meth or Heroin.

Based on the following graph I think we should legalise anything less harmful than alcohol. I'm pondering making it an unofficial 11th commandment.
ds.jpg

Last edited:
Like it or not, the Hopoates will forever be associated with Manly. Jamil played through the lower grades, and his dad and brother were both excellent first-graders. The fullback in our victorious Harold Matthews team was Lehi Hopoate. So mentioning Jamil's history with the club isn't an attack on the club, just like linking him with the Broncos isn't an attack on them.

The whole thing is horribly sad for him and his family. Wonder if he made any of his connections for this misadventure during his first stint inside.

So the police intercepted 514kgs of cocaine & substituted it for a harmless substance before releasing it.

That's a serious amount of yayo.

There’s no coming back from this, his more than just lost to RL, I’d say there’s a fair chance this will cost him his life, $155m is no joke and those involved will be made to pay one way or another. I for one will not be surprised when we read of his death in the not to distant future.

I agree. He's facing something in the order of ten years imprisonment, possibly more, depending on conviction. Dumb decision making to get caught up in it all, but then he seems to have been one who tended to push the envelope, but generally in a negative manner. Had his chances and blew it.

How sad a family that could have dominated the league world for many years. So instead of being famous for their sporting prowess they will be infamous. Ah the Hopoate the gift that keeps on giving.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8