Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manly al

First Grader
Plenty of Humphreys hysteria since his non-selection on saturday but I've no doubt he'll be in first grade deputising for DCE anytime he's unavailable for the rest of this year.
The circumstances of Saturday were that our forwards were decimated, not our backs.
Not selecting another debutant was more likely due to us having no confidence in the threadbare pack.
A more adventurous move would have been to chuck Jamie in as well, but a debutant halfback whose pack is going backwards is obviously a potential embarrassment. In hindsight the wrong call, yeah maybe, but not an irrational one.
Good luck to him at Souths, and in any Manly games this year.

you forgot to add, and sign Bennett @:D
Take your point of some reluctance with starting with Humphries but think the main reasoning with having Brooks and Talau in the halfs was more to aim up against Wighton [ a big unit ] and the experienced Walker.
Should really have been a rational move then to have Humphries on the bench to cover this arrangement not quite working out .
Then not bringing Bully on until the or around the 28 min in the first half i think [ which had to be a major mis step ] and hardly indicating that Seibold was overly concerned about and for whatever reason , with the run on forward line up .
On that reasoning then , really should not have been a problem going with say , Bully , Condon , Navale and Humphries on the bench .
Anyway all hindsight now but Manly now struggling again on the points table and quite a few dubious calls to say the least

KaZa

Bencher
Maybe the club rates Tylor Bunting more highly than Humphreys in the 7, and given we have signed Simpkin both Humphreys first grade opportunities in the halves and hooker are blocked. I don't see this as a massive loss yes it is annoying that we won't get to see him flourish potentially in Manly colours but I'm excited to keep a close eye on Bunting and Simpkin over the next few months.
Unlikely imo. I think we will make a play for Galvin... tigers.. shares same manager.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Shame as there is potential there, however my personal opinion is his potential is way overstated on here.

I guess the outrage depends on where you see his career progression.

IMO if he stayed he is at best 3rd choice half or 5/8 next year and possibly 4th choice hooker. Likely to play grade but unsure if he ever really cements himself as a firstgrade half

Can't keep them all.
I got to a couple of games at Brookie early this year coz I was really wanting to see what he and Shu (at the time) had to offer. We know Shu's story but I really couldn't see Humphries setting the field alight either. He was ok for Reggies level but I didn't get the feeling he was banging the door down to 1st grade. There seemed to be more hype around the fact that he'd increased his muscle rather than his skill level. Admittedly, I haven't seem much of him recently but the Dragons and Rabbits (our last 2 wins where he seems to have done ok) are both behind Blacktown, so maybe they're just not very good. I can't say I'm devastated that he's taken another opportunity but good luck to him.

He might come back to bite us but as you say, we can't keep them all and his chances of breaking into 1st gde seemed limited.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Whether Humphreys turns out to be a good first grader or not I think it's pretty fair to be frustrated that we are letting another highly-touted junior that we've spent years developing leave, before we've given them a proper crack in the top side. We are building quite the list of these over the last 18 months while Seibold has been around (yes I am aware some of these players are developing at different rates at other clubs, that is generally expected of players in their early 20's)

Maybe Bunting is the next long-term plan at halfback, who's to say he doesn't end up elsewhere like the rest of them? Maybe we sign a halfback with DCE's money once he does retire, when was the last time we signed someone that other clubs would be chasing? We are hardly a destination club with Seibold or whoever may be at the helm. More likely we end up with another unwanted Moses client or Tigers player. Jayden Sullivan anyone?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He might turn out to be rubbish like Weekes. Oh, hang on.

I guess it's swings and roundabouts. We got Ola when the Eels didn't want him.

Ryan

Journey Man
He might turn out to be rubbish like Weekes. Oh, hang on.

I guess it's swings and roundabouts. We got Ola when the Eels didn't want him.
When in the HELL did Olakau'atu play for any Eels team / grade? I thought he was a Manase Fainu introduction at training ?

Ryan

Journey Man
It's all just guesswork. Clearly, he was deemed surplus given the salary cap.

Again, we will only know years down the track whether this was the right call.

The only guy I think we have let go recently that we will regret is Sam Fainu..the rest of them I'm not too concerned.

No mention of: Nycho Hynes, Clinton Gutherson, Addin Fonua-Blake, Shaun Lane, Brian Kelly, and a rheem of others. That Sharks centre.

Rocky

Bencher
No mention of: Nycho Hynes, Clinton Gutherson, Addin Fonua-Blake, Shaun Lane, Brian Kelly, and a rheem of others. That Sharks centre.
Let go "recently"....i guess my definition of that is different from yours.

Some of those guys were 10 years ago.

And if you are worried about Brian Kelly and Shaun Lane then you need to re-assess things.

I'm not defending the club. I will be critical when I see something i don't think is right. My comment referred to Alec T and Villiam Fifita, Kaeo Weekes, Albert Hopoate and the Fainu brothers etc and the only one out of them I genuinely think we will regret is Sam Fainu. Latu perhaps as well, but it is too early to call.

XV-1

First Grader
Whether Humphreys turns out to be a good first grader or not I think it's pretty fair to be frustrated that we are letting another highly-touted junior that we've spent years developing leave, before we've given them a proper crack in the top side. We are building quite the list of these over the last 18 months while Seibold has been around (yes I am aware some of these players are developing at different rates at other clubs, that is generally expected of players in their early 20's)

Maybe Bunting is the next long-term plan at halfback, who's to say he doesn't end up elsewhere like the rest of them? Maybe we sign a halfback with DCE's money once he does retire, when was the last time we signed someone that other clubs would be chasing? We are hardly a destination club with Seibold or whoever may be at the helm. More likely we end up with another unwanted Moses client or Tigers player. Jayden Sullivan anyone?

Please don't even wish Jayden Sullivan on us.
Trouble is, it's probably in Moses agenda to bring those donkey photos out again and have Spoonbold sign him.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
TBF Rocky said recently so I guess it depends your definition of recently.

Gutherson is 9 years at Parra now.

For me, I can lament not having Hynes etc but when talking recruitment and retention I limit it to the current Mestrov, Seibold leadership.

Cant really blame them for players who left before their time.

Last edited:

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Let go "recently"....i guess my definition of that is different from yours.

Some of those guys were 10 years ago.

And if you are worried about Brian Kelly and Shaun Lane then you need to re-assess things.

I'm not defending the club. I will be critical when I see something i don't think is right. My comment referred to Alec T and Villiam Fifita, Kaeo Weekes, Albert Hopoate and the Fainu brothers etc and the only one out of them I genuinely think we will regret is Sam Fainu. Latu perhaps as well, but it is too early to call.
Ha, seems you covered this yourself

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18