Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Wayne Bennett is no fool. If true, and Jamie is off to souths, its for a good reason. I would trust Bennett's judgement over seibolds judgement ten times over. He should of played last night, end of story, no matter the excuse.

MW66

Reserve Grader
If you watch the NSW Cup highlights from Saturday vs Souths, Humphreys features prominently. Skillful, clever kicks, took the line on - exactly what we missed in FG. Always easy in hindsight however I think the shift to hooker was the wrong decision. How/why he didn't play in FG on Saturday night will remain a mystery and we may have still lost however it would have been good to see how he went. We will probably never know now and I think a club (Souths rumoured) will pick him up.

The young half Bunting is also developing nicely (ex Panthers junior) and has now played 2/3 games after stepping up from JF. Maybe it is simply a case of the club seeing more upside in Bunting long term.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Wayne Bennett is no fool. If true, and Jamie is off to souths, its for a good reason. I would trust Bennett's judgement over seibolds judgement ten times over. He should of played last night, end of story, no matter the excuse.
Now we know why, thought there was something secret going on behind the scenes.

gracejh23

Now we know why, thought there was something secret going on behind the scenes.
That is not a reason to not play him though. Has anyone stopped to think maybe humphreys is leaving because Seibold isn't playing him? Why is the story Seibold isn't playing humphreys because he is butt hurt that humphreys is leaving to learn from Bennett a much better opportunity for a young player in my opinion? If that's also the reason humphreys isn't playing, then why play Lawton who is leaving for the Cowboys which is a confirmed exit still playing each week? Only because of experience? I just think that's silly, if Seibold wants to get the two points each week he needs to put his feelings aside and be a coach and let the young player have an opportunity to help them win when there is a chance for him. If anyone watched the match highlights for Blacktown humphreys and Gordie played awesome and were fire in attack, was also leading the stats from that game again.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That is not a reason to not play him though. Has anyone stopped to think maybe humphreys is leaving because Seibold isn't playing him? Why is the story Seibold isn't playing humphreys because he is butt hurt that humphreys is leaving to learn from Bennett a much better opportunity for a young player in my opinion? If that's also the reason humphreys isn't playing, then why play Lawton who is leaving for the Cowboys which is a confirmed exit still playing each week? Only because of experience? I just think that's silly, if Seibold wants to get the two points each week he needs to put his feelings aside and be a coach and let the young player have an opportunity to help them win when there is a chance for him. If anyone watched the match highlights for Blacktown humphreys and Gordie played awesome and were fire in attack, was also leading the stats from that game again.
Agree and what doesn't make sense is that they haven't hestitated in selecting the Lawman and he is leaving. So what the heck is going on?

Eagle 1

First Grader
I agree, the same thing with Sam Fainu as well, we were down on forwards last season and Sam was available even though he was linked to the Tigers, but Siebs refused to give him a run at the tail end of last season. Yep, it doesn't make sense, if you've got good players, use them.

Lloyd

I agree, the same thing with Sam Fainu as well, we were down on forwards last season and Sam was available even though he was linked to the Tigers, but Siebs refused to give him a run at the tail end of last season. Yep, it doesn't make sense, if you've got good players, use them.
I think that Seibolds coaching career hinges on success this year and next so therefore he has foregone long term planning and development of players and is trying to win now. He sees very reluctant to blood young players and is happy to let them leave. Lehi seems an exception.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I think that Seibolds coaching career hinges on success this year and next so therefore he has foregone long term planning and development of players and is trying to win now. He sees very reluctant to blood young players and is happy to let them leave. Lehi seems an exception.
I don't put to much credence into developing jnrs tbh. Take Latu Fainu for example, we signed him for 3 seasons as a 16yr old on a 900k deal. And you know the rest. Juniors get developed by us and other clubs only to be poached later on down the track by other clubs. It's just a big merry go round of jnr talent all waiting to be snapped up, and usually by the highest bidder.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
if he is off the the bunnies , good luck, i would haev done the same after watching the game and not being picked. total failure sits on Siebold which i hope ensures he doesnt get an extension . Get brad Authur in . no player has excelled under sielbold.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I've seen this Seibold hates young players narrative pushed a lot, particularly by 1 particular poster (not you) but I'm just not sure it rings true.

In his 5 seasons as an NRL coach he has played the following aged 21 and under players.

Souths - 2018
Tatola (21), Murray (20), Doueihi (20), Hiroti (19), Graham (19).

Brisbane - 2019
Su'a (21), Carrigan (21), O'Sullivan (21), Shibasaki (21), Staggs (20), Flegler (20), Haas (19), Farnworth (19), Fifita (19), Coates (18), Dearden (18).

Brisbane - 2020
Staggs (21), Flegler (21), Haas (20), Farnworth (20), Fifita (20), Bullemor (20), Riki (20), Paix (20), Coates (19), Dearden (19), Niu (19).

Manly - 2023
Chan Kum Tong (21), Weekes (21), Koula (20), Arthur (20), S Fainu (19)

Manly - 2024
Koula (21), Hopoate (19)

Further to that 15 of the 29 players used this year are 25 and under.....seems like if you are good enough, you are old enough. Maybe our you just hasn't been good enough.

Look Samuela looks a loss but jury still out on Latu and Weekes whilst Fifita and Tuitavake who people howled about losing, can't make grade at the Dragons.

Then Humphrey's, well I'm hopeful for him but he has yet to lock down a position in reserve grade let along firsts.

I think Arthur the more likely to have along term NRL career and I'm not fully sold on Arthur yet.

Last edited:

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
No player has excelled under sielbold.
Really?

I'd argue that is hyperbole.

Olakau'atu for one made his Orgin debut this year.

Saab and Paseka had career best form last two years.

Talua back really improved off the scrap heap, Brown as well to a lesser extent.

DCE in probably his best form since about 14.

If we are talking career there have been a few debut on the rep scene under his watch.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17