Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So far this year Seibold has shown Schu the door, dropped Paulo and promoted Talau on form, given NRL debuts to 2 blokes who started the year in S G Ball, signed a new dummy half ... all these moves were good moves (in fact no-one here had been calling for Lehi's selection but he went so well he's suddenly hailed our permanent fullback if not new messiah!)
Based on all that I think it's silly to suggest Seibold is a clueless idiot for failing to pick Humphreys, he obviously would have considered it.

Nordburg

First Grader
So far this year Seibold has shown Schu the door, dropped Paulo and promoted Talau on form, given NRL debuts to 2 blokes who started the year in S G Ball, signed a new dummy half ... all these moves were good moves (in fact no-one here had been calling for Lehi's selection but he went so well he's suddenly hailed our permanent fullback if not new messiah!)
Based on all that I think it's silly to suggest Seibold is a clueless idiot for failing to pick Humphreys, he obviously would have considered it.
I’m can’t make up my mind on Seibold’s performance this season.I didn’t want him at the club from the get go and my thoughts haven’t changed.This year,I go from-sack him now after they concede plenty of points due to a lack of improvement in defence and losing games they either led by plenty or in the same way as other ones.But then I look at the fact that last night was their biggest margin for a loss and that was under extenuating circumstances.Prior to that it was only 10,so I’m at a loss to what he’s doing.Suppose I’ll wait til seasons end to come to a conclusion

Ohgeez

He’s not a bad coach but not selecting a half was just plain stupid, clearly his worst mistake as manly coach IMO.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I’m fine with his non selection but what really worried me, was Seibs said we would have had Wakeham as an option? Now that would have been devastating to see him get a run ahead of Humphries. That speaks volumes about the prospect of ever seeing Jamie in FG 😂

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I’m fine with his non selection but what really worried me, was Seibs said we would have had Wakeham as an option? Now that would have been devastating to see him get a run ahead of Humphries. That speaks volumes about the prospect of ever seeing Jamie in FG 😂
This is a serious enquiry,not having a go at you..
Why do you say you are fine with him not being selected?
Do you think he would not have done better than Talau or at least provided better kicking options and attacking options?
Do you think he would have impacted our defense?
I agree that it doesn't seem like Jamie is destined to play NRL with us lol.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
This is a serious enquiry,not having a go at you..
Why do you say you are fine with him not being selected?
Do you think he would not have done better than Talau or at least provided better kicking options and attacking options?
Do you think he would have impacted our defense?
I agree that it doesn't seem like Jamie is destined to play NRL with us lol.
I think he is skilful but does not really provide consistent direction (fades in and out of games) and believe he would have been targeted in defence.

I thinks Seibs was hoping Brooks would step up and guide the side around and Talau could just be a big body in defence and play as a running 6 (which really is not that uncommon in the NRL).

The plan worked in terms of keeping them to 14 points. We defended really well. So I feel the problem was not Humphries non-selection, rather Brooks inability to play as a dominant half. He was once a million dollar playmaker and has over 10 years experience. He should have offered more last night.

He should have played both sides too. Obviously we’ll never know and maybe Jamie helps us score a couple of tries last night but we could just as easily suggest that he gets targeted and Souths start torching his edge and we concede 30+ points.

I also agree with your idea about a left side/left foot kicking combination being a factor.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
The weirdest part for me is Seibold clearly avoided mentioning him in the presser. “There was literally no one else” he said and reeled off a bunch of names of the guys that were unavailable, but never mentioned Jamie. Even though Jamie was named in the squad this week and played in the halves in NSW Cup!

The whole thing is strange and annoying that he didn’t address it.

Nordburg

First Grader
The weirdest part for me is Seibold clearly avoided mentioning him in the presser. “There was literally no one else” he said and reeled off a bunch of names of the guys that were unavailable, but never mentioned Jamie. Even though Jamie was named in the squad this week and played in the halves in NSW Cup!

The whole thing is strange and annoying that he didn’t address it.
Maybe Humphries has the wrong manager

Bloke on the hill

Reserve Grader
Ummm, you may want to re-check, as I wanted young Hoppa's selection! - just saying :)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree , the experts on here ( well they think they are ) aren’t at training every week, aren’t watching all the BWSE games like our coaching staff are.

I think the decision may have been related to his defence being suspect.

The couple of workers games they’ve shown this year ( which I’ve watched ) I am surprised Faulolo hasn’t got a start as he seems a good prospect but I’ve noticed Jamie H whilst being a pretty good attacking half is a little off the money in defence ( doesn’t seem to do a lot of it ), so I’d reckon that’s the reason.

Mind you someone who watches every game might say differently and I would defer to them as Ive only seen two games.

Navale however was a bit of a standout.

And Condon is a waste of a top 30 spot and should be discarded at years end.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17