Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know I seem to like living in the past, but I have an issue with the recent report that de Belin cried while in the courtroom. I was taught as a court reporter that you could only report what was said in court. There was to be "no colour, no opinion, just the facts".
Thus, you could not describe the way anybody looked, behaved or dressed as it could prejudice a reader and the newspaper could be sued. You could not say anybody looked sad/happy; winced when providing evidence; looked uncomfortable; appeared rattled; spoke forcefully; wore expensive jewellery.... etc
So it appears like all things about the media these days that standards have been relaxed, and report that the defendant "cried". Either that or the people reporting on the case are not well-trained journalists.

Character references aside (and from a family member at that...), the guy admits he slept around, with his missus pregnant at home with their kid. Massive inconvenience for the guy I'm sure, how dare she make herself unavailable for a night out on the piss and a shag.

At the very least he's a piece of ****. At worst a (gang)rapist. Guess you don't go to jail for being a piece of **** though. Sorry if people are a lighter touch on that point, but I find that reprehensible. No take-backs on that **** son.

"Brian Johnston, the former chief executive of St George Illawarra noted that, in nine years of playing professional rugby league, de Belin had never been sent off the field."

Oh well I take it all back. Guy is the paragon of virtue...

A question here , particularly I guess aimed at our lady members @yokahontas maybe.

I’m obviously male but if I was a female and my partner did this whilst I was 20 weeks pregnant with his child I would tell him to get the **** out and never return!!

Yes I know it would leave me as a single mother with possibly a low income BUT how could any self respecting woman stay with this piece of **** ???

That comment isn’t related to guilt for an alleged crime it’s what he did ( so graphically detailed in these pages ) and openly admitting doing it !!

Ladies ???
@Mark from Brisbane I was thinking the same thing but why would you want to cheat on your partner or wife in the first place. I just never get it.

Some hard to believe comments from De Belin's sister. Does she really think so highly of him after what he has done? Is his mum or partner giving a testimony too? Would love to know what they think of his actions.

Well Shoe1,

You’ve got to remember, Jack was only early into pre-season training, probably not fully fit and as he usually plays it hard up the middle:wasntme:, he probably thought he needed somebody to interchange with him or maybe run onto his offload.@:D

Taking a step away from this case in particular many on here have issue with ' the way the young ones' live their life these days and what they get up to.
I'm 44 and the thing is I recon its always gone on just not to the extent that it does now. Look at these young men. Paid hundreds of thousands sometimes before the age of 20. No real life experience. Many come from rougher parts of society. Being professional means a lot of spare time.
I dont get things like tic tok and sending a dick pic on Snapchat but this is 2020. Its what they do. They roam in packs. They egg each other on. They live a BUN and sadly it will keep happening to a larger and larger extent.
I'm a cameraman so have spent a large part of my professional life around celebrities, sports stars and high profile people. The god complex so many of them get from their yes brigades make them feel invincible and more worryingly untouchable.
This case won't be the last time a rather thick sports star gets done for doing what most of us consider a low life act.

A question here , particularly I guess aimed at our lady members @yokahontas maybe.

I’m obviously male but if I was a female and my partner did this whilst I was 20 weeks pregnant with his child I would tell him to get the **** out and never return!!

Yes I know it would leave me as a single mother with possibly a low income BUT how could any self respecting woman stay with this piece of **** ???

That comment isn’t related to guilt for an alleged crime it’s what he did ( so graphically detailed in these pages ) and openly admitting doing it !!

Ladies ???

100%, there’s no way I’d put up with it. I do wonder whether there might be some agreement between them to stay together until the court case is over (to help his image, not that I think it does much), and she might give him the boot then? Apart from the personal hurt/insult etc, surely you’d have to be thinking about what kind of example it sets for your child. Do you really want that little girl growing up thinking it’s ok for some douche to treat her the same way?

@Mark from Brisbane I was thinking the same thing but why would you want to cheat on your partner or wife in the first place. I just never get it.

I also can’t get my head around the idea of wanting to share a shag with half your team. My (male) partner says he doesn’t get it either, not just the ‘going where several men have been immediately before’ thing, but also the watching and cheering on aspect.

I also can’t get my head around the idea of wanting to share a shag with half your team. My (male) partner says he doesn’t get it either, not just the ‘going where several men have been immediately before’ thing, but also the watching and cheering on aspect.
They'd be appalled if they could see the very strong homosexual overtones. I really don't get it.

To me it’s something very private , but I’m very old school.

Respect for women is VERY high for me and whilst I joke about a few things on here Ive been married to the same woman for 45 years.

Corny I know “ but till death us do part” actually meant something to me in 1975.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4