Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMHO, the police have more than a few questions to answer about their actions in this case; former lead detective now admits to lying to the Court.

I don’t know if these guys are guilty or innocent but there’s got to be a reasonable doubt created with what’s been presented to the Court; not that I’m anything other than a legal layman.

Last edited:
IMHO, the police have more than a few questions to answer about their actions in this case; former lead detective now admits to lying to the Court.

I don’t know if these guys are guilty or innocent but there’s got to be a reasonable doubt created with what’s been presented to the Court; not that I’m anything other than a legal layman.
These cases are never clear cut, there will always be reasonable doubt as the woman concerned didn't really present with any visible injuries, far too many grey areas I reckon , it would be a brave jury to adjudicate "beyond reasonable doubt", but hey I'm not a barrister

What happens to a detective who admits to perjury?

I mean... if they are serious about their "public must have face in us" then he should be sacked.

Though... he'll probably be promoted.

Impossible to guess without knowing the details and the context. These sorts of things may have been raised with the judge a few months back when I think there was some big pre-trial argument about something.

jeez there are some holes in the prosecution case and with all the police cock ups these 2 have to be odds on to get off. .

I'm not sure what's worse.

That nrl players call group sex a "bun" or that it happens so often they have a name for it.

Also JDB certainly recorded a lot of phone calls claiming his innocence. Seems like he was just laying the ground work. (ge, that's speculation, stop it.)

Telling that in one of these phone calls that he is only worried about his rep and that his wife will find out. Doesn't seem like there's much remorse for the adulterous actions of that p.o.s.

Also JDB certainly recorded a lot of phone calls claiming his innocence. Seems like he was just laying the ground work. (ge, that's speculation, stop it.)

Hi GE,

The way I read it, the recordings were made by someone else, probably the police, as the article says “tapped” calls, not “taped”.

”In several phone taps played to the jury trial against the pair before the NSW District Court in Wollongong on Wednesday,”- quoted directly from the SMH article. I guess the journalist may have used “tapped” instead of “taped” but it’s used repeatedly in the article.

JdB could have been recording his conversations but there’s also mention of a recording between Callan Sinclair and his Mother; so, it would seem as though these recordings were made by someone other than the two accused or they both made recordings of their conversations.

A question for our more legally knowledgeable Silvertails; would self recorded phone conversations be admissible in Court? I don’t know the evidence rules, or legality, of that.
Also, would the police obtain an order to tap an accused person’s phone so early in an investigation? Is that a standard practice?

I'm not sure what's worse.

That nrl players call group sex a "bun" or that it happens so often they have a name for it.

Telling that in one of these phone calls that he is only worried about his rep and that his wife will find out. Doesn't seem like there's much remorse for the adulterous actions of that p.o.s.
it is very unsavoury that this group of grown men, including seeming cleanskins like Crichton, text details of group sex activities to one another like so much confetti.

Also saying that his partner has "gone skizo" - surely her hurt and anger over her partner cheating isn't "going skizo" - which implies she is the one with the problem!

Hi GE,

The way I read it, the recordings were made by someone else, probably the police, as the article says “tapped” calls, not “taped”.

Hiya,
Thanks for pointing that out.

In Canada, tapped and taped are spelt the same way.

Which is:

oihjewofhenvqr[oignvqr[oi 55555;vjd[va[dsvjas-986)&%^)3 dhfapdhu2...!

Any of the legal people on here know if this is telling or not for the dismissal of the case ??
Again I would suggest the Police case is in big trouble based on what is out in the media. Procedural stuffups galore with now the Head cop admitting he lied with the recordings - the case has to be on shaky ground.... unless there are other tapped recordings which has them admitting or conspiring to lie to cover up

Again I would suggest the Police case is in big trouble based on what is out in the media. Procedural stuffups galore with now the Head cop admitting he lied with the recordings - the case has to be on shaky ground.... unless there are other tapped recordings which has them admitting or conspiring to lie to cover up
A second wave of covert recordings... or perhaps even a third. It's the new normal of police investigation in NSW.

Haha yes it all rests on the evidence of one woman, who's ever going to believe one woman?!
Not at all commenting on any evidence other than the shambles that is the Police behaviour/process to date (based on what has come out so far) and the fact that the released recordings and only those suggest the crown has some trouble. I am not casting any aspersion on the victim or the alleged perpetrator. I have no idea about guilt or innocence given I haven't heard all the evidence. I have made no comment on who is and isn't believable. So put away your self righteous indignation and read what I said instead of what you completely misconstrued in your attempt to attribute a comment/assertion/belief to me that I just never made/have. Stick to the facts and if you have been in court every day listening to the case and are a Barrister then we might be all ears to hear your view on guilt or innocence or believability. I am sure nobody in here has any clue on guilt or innocence and just because the woman or De Belin for that matter makes a claim doesn't mean that is fact without supporting evidence. And again from what has come out so far - the Crown has some problems with the process and some of the evidence. Just saying!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7