Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That may be true, Woodsie, but we don't send people to prison for it. We also don't effectively end their careers while they wait for their day in court.

I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence, by the way. No idea what sort of man he is or what he did or didn't do. Happy to let the courts handle it.

We do have a hint of the sort of bloke he is .... he has admitted to having consensual sex with the girl in company with his mate ... with a pregnant wife at home ... fairly ordinary behaviour at any time ...

I did say on the issue of rape ... he may or may not be cleared ... I am not making a judgement there ... and I am also not a fan of the no fault stand down policy ..

Frig - took me long enough to find this thread...

anyway

Rugby league star Jack de Belin handed a woman $50 and asked if she could keep her mouth shut after he and Shellharbour Sharks player Callan Sinclair took turns raping her in a Wollongong apartment in December 2018, a jury has heard.

The NSW District Court in Wollongong heard the two men said "show us your tits" after a naked Mr de Belin forcibly removed the then 19-year-old's top as she repeatedly told him to stop before he took off the rest of her clothes, prised her legs open, and gripped her throat while leaning on her chest with his arm.

The trial is underway.
The first day the Police Prosecutor set out his case, which naturally enough doesn't sound good for the two accused. But both men have stated that everything was consensual. We won't here their side of the story for a while yet.

Last edited:
Horrific to read and I dont want to passing verdict myself.

What I will say is coming forward and then continuing all the way through this process knowing the trauma you'll face and hostility you'll endure along the way is not something someone would take lightly....

If guilty I hope they cop the most severe of penalties

Some points to remember:
Most assaults are not reported and only about 10% of those reported lead to convictions

Why would she go back to a club with two blokes who just raped her? Very strange.

It was outlined in one of the articles yesterday, there was an Uber called and both men said they were going to whatever club she was headed to next. The victim says she then got in the queue as if she was going in with them, but left and went home before entering the club.

Just an FYI, I don’t know exactly where the alleged victim lives/lived, but she may not have had a heap of options to get away (or necessarily have known where to go) if she doesn’t live in Wollongong itself or close by. There aren’t a heap of nightlife options around other parts of the Illawarra, so it’s not unusual to trek half an hour’s drive or more into ‘town’ for a night out - and not the best public transport options or taxis/Ubers by the dozen like there are in the big smoke. We pretty much always get a lift if we’re headed in there for a night out.

The whole scenario might not be as strange as it sounds, it likely was her best option to get back to a safe, public place and organise her way home from there.

I have my opinions on this but to avoid arguments with people on here I think it's best to fence sit on this one. I do have a friend that was part of a jury in a similar case and it was dismissed pretty quickly, the evidence has to be pretty overwhelming against him
Yeah I agree Robbo. What will be will be in this case. If guilty they need to wear the full brunt.

Someone who has just suffered trauma can often act illogically.

As can people in fear.

Again no assertion of guilt or innocence on my behalf
Yeah fair enough. Also the Debellin giving her $50 to get an Uber and to keep her mouth closed seems odd as well. Maybe it's a typo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8