Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I was on a jury once ( absolute **** job ) and it was a sexual assault case and after the end of the day it basically came down to his view v her view.

There was no doubt he’d had sex with her ( DNA proof) but it came down to was it consensual or not.

It’s then very very hard to put a guy in goal for potentially 7-10 years because the girl said “ I didn’t want it”.

In this case there was zero injury proof so it really was “ who did you believe “.

I trust none of you never get called up for one of these as it’s a harrowing experience.

Last edited:
In the jury i sat on we couldnt convict due to the strength of the prosecutions evidence. It was relatively weak or it was such that it couldnt satisfy the reasonable doubt threshold. Im sure that happens a lot

In the jury I sat on we only heard the police/prosecutions case.

It was so poor the judge said we could find a not guilty verdict before hearing the defence.

11 of us took 30 seconds to decide there was no case. The 12th person thought they was on an episode of Perry Mason and it took us an hour to convince her that the judge had already given us the correct result, and despite that there was no way she was gonna convince all 11 of us to change our minds.

A potential 10 day case took just 3 and a bit days.

In the jury I sat on we only heard the police/prosecutions case.

It was so poor the judge said we could find a not guilty verdict before hearing the defence.

11 of us took 30 seconds to decide there was no case. The 12th person thought they was on an episode of Perry Mason and it took us an hour to convince her that the judge had already given us the correct result, and despite that there was no way she was gonna convince all 11 of us to change our minds.

A potential 10 day case took just 3 and a bit days.

Wow, makes you wonder how it even got to court if the police case was so bad!

Doesn't the DPP have to vet & approve every case based on strength of the case?

Due to my occupation, I’ve been always excused after being notified that I was up for jury duty; now that I’m approaching retirement that’ll probably change.

I’ve always thought if you’re not prepared to serve on a jury, then fronting up to court with a t-shirt quoting “Kill them all and let God sort them out”(attributed to various sources for up-to the last 800 years) would probably get you excused. But then again, maybe not.

It wasn’t that the case was so bad just not good enough to goal some poor bastard for 10 years for something that may well have been consensual.

See that’s the big question , unless there’s major injury how do you prove it was forced!!

It was the worst week of my life , hope I never get picked to do it again.

No, they don't. At end of the day they advise the victim of the facts and chances of conviction and let them make a decision to proceed or not, it's not the DPP's time, and the Govt funds they spend so really they don't care, they get tp play demi god and attempt to ruin reputations and lives.

I was on a jury once ( absolute **** job ) and it was a sexual assault case and after the end of the day it basically came down to his view v her view.

There was no doubt he’d had sex with her ( DNA proof) but it came down to was it consensual or not.

It’s then very very hard to put a guy in goal for potentially 7-10 years because the girl said “ I didn’t want it”.

In this case there was zero injury proof so it really was “ who did you believe “.

I trust none of you never get called up for one of these as it’s a harrowing experience.

I fully understand your dilemma Mark. As a parole officer I came across these cases on a reasonably regular basis. Very hard to tell the real facts. Some men get away with atrocious acts against woman. But then there are gold digging women after financial compensation who manipulate information without any care for the impact they have on the men who they have had consensual sex with. When it comes to who you believe, generally the court and jury cant achieve a decision based on evidence that does not lead to a decision beyond reasonable doubt. I'm sure many times the wrong decision is made purely because of lack of evidence. There are nasty men and women out there, and its very hard to know who is telling the truth and who is just covering their arse or seeking a compensation pay out.

I fully understand your dilemma Mark. As a parole officer I came across these cases on a reasonably regular basis. Very hard to tell the real facts. Some men get away with atrocious acts against woman. But then there are gold digging women after financial compensation who manipulate information without any care for the impact they have on the men who they have had consensual sex with. When it comes to who you believe, generally the court and jury cant achieve a decision based on evidence that does not lead to a decision beyond reasonable doubt. I'm sure many times the wrong decision is made purely because of lack of evidence. There are nasty men and women out there, and its very hard to know who is telling the truth and who is just covering their arse or seeking a compensation pay out.
Exactly , and if there’s reasonable doubt you can’t put some bastard in Gaol for 7-10 years because he’s been a prick !!

It’s bloody hard on juries that’s for sure.

Regardless of a guilty verdict or not, the guy is a class A moron....he had pregnant wife sitting at home and he was out on the town cheating on her and putting his dick in the same place as his mate which is pretty messed up.

He was always more worried about doing his hair then playing footy and was busy lusting over cheer girls when channel 9 tried to interview him.

His carry on after the state of origin with the cans of beer just portrayed him to be an egotistical buffoon.

As I said, regardless of the verdict, he is a tosser.

Regardless of a guilty verdict or not, the guy is a class A moron....he had pregnant wife sitting at home and he was out on the town cheating on her and putting his dick in the same place as his mate which is pretty messed up.

He was always more worried about doing his hair then playing footy and was busy lusting over cheer girls when channel 9 tried to interview him.

His carry on after the state of origin with the cans of beer just portrayed him to be an egotistical buffoon.

As I said, regardless of the verdict, he is a tosser.
Couldn’t agree more.If he gets off,I can see the media and the moronic element of League fans,being outraged that he missed footy and will gloss over the fact he cheated on his pregnant partner.And in typical NRL form,he’ll be playing on Women in League weekend

Couldn’t agree more.If he gets off,I can see the media and the moronic element of League fans,being outraged that he missed footy and will gloss over the fact he cheated on his pregnant partner.And in typical NRL form,he’ll be playing on Women in League weekend
Just because these blokes have some talent on a football field doesn't mean they have any greater moral compass than the general population. They should only ever be judged by how they play RL and never expect them to be role models.

The judge was absolutely scathing of the police, and when he thank the jury he apolgised for wasting our time.

Just because these blokes have some talent on a football field doesn't mean they have any greater moral compass than the general population. They should only ever be judged by how they play RL and never expect them to be role models.
They should be judged like every other member of society...role model or not, he is a knob...he could pack boxes for a living for all I care, he'd still be a knob...I say it about anyone that behaves like him, footballer or not.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8