Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All i keep hearing is record unemployment , financial diasters etc
We are not picking fruit
People are isolated and are depressed
Everything it taking too long
Grocery delivery is a mess

Cant we look at skilling people instead of handing out cash to corporates. Surely paid training is an option

Law degrees have gone up. Great for existing lawyers i suppose
Big law firms are putting people out of work

Supply and demand

If we put the ozzie gov in charge of the simpson desert , in 3 years we would have a sand shortage. Asssss holes

A further consideration is that NRL players are in the public eye so they receive an inordinate amount of publicity for any alleged indiscretion. This media shaming is not the same for the general public. There are no doubt dozens of people facing similar charges to de Belin that the media is unlikely to be interested in. Imagine how terrible his life has been since the alleged incident. He is so well known I doubt he can go anywhere without the whispers starting. And, with the media reporting and the NRL refusing to let him ply his trade he is being viewed as guilty by the vast majority of people before having a chance to defend himself.
Of course it is a terrible situation for his accuser, but at least very few people know who she is which must be some form of blessing. (I'm not trying to downplay the toll it must be having on the accuser and her family. Her day in court should not be taking this long).
Overall it is a bad position for all made worse by the NRL's blanket stand down rule.

Got to say ... whilst he may or may not be "cleared" of rape ... in my opinion he will never be cleared of being a grub for going out with a mate and shagging a 19 yo whilst having a pregnant wife at home .... she must be a forgiving type ....

1 in 3 women suffer from domestic violence.

Got to say ... whilst he may or may not be "cleared" of rape ... in my opinion he will never be cleared of being a grub for going out with a mate and shagging a 19 yo whilst having a pregnant wife at home .... she must be a forgiving type ....
In that respect Woodsie I have no doubt the nrl is littered with these types of Grubs.

A further consideration is that NRL players are in the public eye so they receive an inordinate amount of publicity for any alleged indiscretion. This media shaming is not the same for the general public. There are no doubt dozens of people facing similar charges to de Belin that the media is unlikely to be interested in. Imagine how terrible his life has been since the alleged incident. He is so well known I doubt he can go anywhere without the whispers starting. And, with the media reporting and the NRL refusing to let him ply his trade he is being viewed as guilty by the vast majority of people before having a chance to defend himself.
Of course it is a terrible situation for his accuser, but at least very few people know who she is which must be some form of blessing. (I'm not trying to downplay the toll it must be having on the accuser and her family. Her day in court should not be taking this long).
Overall it is a bad position for all made worse by the NRL's blanket stand down rule.
The evidence is insurmountable against De Bellin. Do not feel sorry for what he has had to endure at all.

Unfortunately there are a lot of young fellas who commit this kind of behaviour. Very sad

So ... there is a 66% chance that she doesn't ... and a 33% chance that any given poster on Silvertails belts their missus .... I love statistics ....
Does the 80 mins of a Manly game count? I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of all types of offences when we play like **** ;)

This is a hard one and I'm not sure I know the answer. The 'no fault stand down rule' (apart from being terribly worded) is a presumption of guilt imo. That's not something I'm at all comfortable with. That said, when these accusations become public the NRL are seen to be accepting of the behaviour if they do nothing. I'm not sure even a 'bringing the game into disrepute, suspension is appropriate either. From memory, that's basically what they handed Brett Stewart for what turned out to be a farcical accusation. I'm not sure why Stewart didn't take legal action against the NRL for suspending him based on a false accusation, and believe anyone else who is suspended under such circumstances, only to be found not guilty, who have a case against the NRL.
Horrific what Brett went through and how the NRL tarnished his career with their trigger happy actions at the time.

I don’t know the reasons why Brett did not pursue any further action against the NRL other than it must have taken a significant emotional toll on him and he decided he never wanted to go back there.

The club did have one of its greatest supporters and legal advisers at the time in the great man Dick Conti which may have assisted.

That may be true, Woodsie, but we don't send people to prison for it. We also don't effectively end their careers while they wait for their day in court.

I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence, by the way. No idea what sort of man he is or what he did or didn't do. Happy to let the courts handle it.

If guilty he would probably appeal, given his attempt to take NRL to court.
That could put it into 2021.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8