It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Just throwing this out there so it can be p1ssed all over, just a thought that seems overlooked.

What are the chances Manly and Penrith might be trying to come to some financial agreement with ex coach on books type swap, with Griffin still to be paid out 12 months by Penrith and Barrett 6 months by us, is it possible that Barrett could go as an assistant to Penrith Griffin to Manly on short term contracts ?

Wash your imagination out with soap young man!

Oh no that is not funny. There are some things that should not be joked about.
Wash your imagination out with soap young man!
I lay the blame firmly at the feet of @Mark from Brisbane, God, the creator and the Holy Ghost of a Coach rumour, I am an innocent victim having no recollection of any imagination issues until a certain secret rumour was announced that remained secret and set my imagination searching for the answer of the secret rumour .

I’m simply saying I don’t think Cleary will coach at Penrith.

My basis for that is.

1) he’s already been there and been sacked once by Gould.

2) now his son looks like being there long term I’m doubtful any coach ( in the NRL) would want to coach his son, and for the very obvious reasons!!

He will either stay where he is OR may move at the end of his tenure OR if another club wanted to pay out his contract and offer him more money he might go elsewhere, sooner!!

So could my source be correct in telling me that Anthony Seibold will be back at Manly next year in a head coaching capacity? :)

Just throwing this out there so it can be p1ssed all over, just a thought that seems overlooked.

What are the chances Manly and Penrith might be trying to come to some financial agreement with ex coach on books type swap, with Griffin still to be paid out 12 months by Penrith and Barrett 6 months by us, is it possible that Barrett could go as an assistant to Penrith Griffin to Manly on short term contracts ?

Even though you're maybe clutching at straws for another explanation, it's not a bad one for the penns.

The main gripe from Gould about Griffin was that he was a hands on type of coach and wanted to do it all himself. Now that would suit the penns as they can say we'll give you an assistant and a trainer and you can do everything else whereas Barrett said he wanted this and wanted that (which he was entitled to).

So if the Penns want to keep the costs down, Griffin could be their man...(not the fans though) :happy:

I don’t believe a father as a coach and the son a star player in the team will be successful. I will be very surprised if Cleary senior goes back to Penrith to work under Gould. I’d love to know what’s really going on but I suspect this is all about pushing up Junior’s price. Anything could happen.

We need to appoint a coach and the Barrett drama finalised and the doofus who will be making the decisions is overseas again. "Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn is overseas"

Maybe they are overseas talking to Madge ? or the Holy Ghost

Of course we are!!

Now something else might have fallen over.
Scott Penn said a few weeks ago that we are not looking at rookies and are after 'proven performers'
That said, the ones with recent Grand Final Coaching Experience since 2010 (winners and losers) are:
Bellamy - Contracted
Green- Contracted
Flanagan - Contracted
Bennett - Contracted but likely to move
Madge - Contracted to NZ but can be released
Tooves - Available
Des - Available
Cleary - Apparently Contracted
Trent Robinson - Contracted
So if Scott Penn is looking for a 'proven performer', you would think it would come from the above list.
Given Des and Tooves are not contracted, would have though they would command the least. That is, if people are prepared to work with people they don't necessarily like in order to obtain success.
The rumours are doing my head in!

I don’t believe a father as a coach and the son a star player in the team will be successful. I will be very surprised if Cleary senior goes back to Penrith to work under Gould. I’d love to know what’s really going on but I suspect this is all about pushing up Junior’s price. Anything could happen.
John and Martin Lang are the only exception.:)

I still have nightmares about Scott Fulton's unwarranted promotion to first grade @:eek:

The DT loaded this story up a couple of hours ago, I can’t open it but here is the link
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/d50f382609b6262b89809be00927ed75
Here it is

Next Manly coach between John Cartwright and former Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
September 19, 2018 5:53pm
Subscriber only
SOUTH Sydney premiership-winning coach Michael Maguire has drawn alongside John Cartwright as equal favourite for the vacant Manly coaching position.

The Daily Telegraph understands Maguire and Cartwright are the only two genuine contenders although former Canberra, North Queensland and Gold Coast coach Neil Henry continues to be mentioned.

0de939ad3c99cc14b4ef3f6b787411f3

Cartwright could be waiting a while yet. (Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)

Cartwright has been favoured for the top job over the past six weeks but Maguire has some influential support from within the club.

There was a suggestion Manly had made Maguire an offer but this couldn’t be substantiated.

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn is overseas while Maguire was not returning calls on Wednesday.

8e76f9efdcbe1223017aa0e12eaa36e2

Maguire isn’t responding to the speculation. (Hannah Peters/Getty Images)
Sea Eagles management has a strong regard for Maguire but also rate Cartwright highly.

Cartwright has experienced success at every club he has coached while Maguire etched his name into South Sydney folklore by guiding the 2014 side to a famous grand final win.

Current coach Trent Barrett has resigned and is locked in a battle with the club over a payout. Barrett is still technically Manly coach until July next season.

Manly and Barrett may be headed to the courts unless the two parties can resolve the festering issue.

And unless the stand-off can be settled within the next six weeks, there is every chance Barrett will return to the club’s Narrabeen headquarters when Manly resume off-season training in early November.

Essentially, Barrett is claiming breach of contract — and so is Manly. Barrett resigned from his post in July.

Most of Manly’s football department staff have re-signed until after the 2020 season.

Get ready for cricket like never before. FREE Sport HD + Entertainment until the first 4K cricket ball as part of 3 months free on a 12 month plan. SIGN UP TODAY. T&Cs apply.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6