It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
If a black and white article from 4yrs ago details how dodgy the bloke is for all to see doesn't get him sacked... What makes you think they would ever sack him.

The NRL is a boys club. The Sutton brothers are further proof of this. Greenberg is as safe as houses while he had Beattie and the board wrapped firmly around his dodgy finger...
Agree about the boys club. I don't read the newspapers so this was new to me, shameful that he now runs the NRL.

IMHO I don't think we will ever see Dollar Des back and for the life of me I can't work out how Greenberg still has a job.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...b/news-story/fa5138ebba6b52879d740274cf4fede1

I couldn’t stand that slimey pr!ck Greenturd before he signed up Hasler.

He was a dirty dealer during his time at the dogs and it showed many times, the Barba disaster that he swept under the carpet, Tandy match fixing and no doubt more that I can’t think off the top of my head. Those 2 matters alone were disgusting enough to have anyone sacked.

To think he was then able to entice Hasler in front of the rugby league world and get away with it was gobsmacking.

Did anyone else remember the media following Greenturd to the airport and asking who he was going to sign as dogs coach? He told the media he was on his way to England to land a super league coach.

He laughed afterwards when questioned about it and said it was a lie and he wasn’t flying to England at all and was already negotiating with Hasler.

Then it came out Hasler was leaving and all the information was from his and the dogs side. Only after Hasler said he was going to sue Manly for wrongful dismissal did Manly then release the emails showing Hasler and Greenturd negotiating while under contract.

Manly said if you take us to court, we’ll take you and Hasler said. Don’t worry about it!

Greenturd has shown that he is a slimey disgusting used car salesman and I can’t believe how he got promoted. Someone with power has his back and has seen his push to the top.

I was nearly sick when he was chosen to run the game. :sick:

The game has gone downhill and he was always going to be the one responsible.

He’s out of his depth and has no idea.

As he has the support of.......whoever :wondering: I can’t see him going anytime soon, not until he gets a better offer somewhere.

Such a shame for us and the game who have to put up with his biased dealings and decisions.

I couldn’t stand that slimey pr!ck Greenturd before he signed up Hasler.

He was a dirty dealer during his time at the dogs and it showed many times, the Barba disaster that he swept under the carpet, Tandy match fixing and no doubt more that I can’t think off the top of my head. Those 2 matters alone were disgusting enough to have anyone sacked.

To think he was then able to entice Hasler in front of the rugby league world and get away with it was gobsmacking.

Did anyone else remember the media following Greenturd to the airport and asking who he was going to sign as dogs coach? He told the media he was on his way to England to land a super league coach.

He laughed afterwards when questioned about it and said it was a lie and he wasn’t flying to England at all and was already negotiating with Hasler.

Then it came out Hasler was leaving and all the information was from his and the dogs side. Only after Hasler said he was going to sue Manly for wrongful dismissal did Manly then release the emails showing Hasler and Greenturd negotiating while under contract.

Manly said if you take us to court, we’ll take you and Hasler said. Don’t worry about it!

Greenturd has shown that he is a slimey disgusting used car salesman and I can’t believe how he got promoted. Someone with power has his back and has seen his push to the top.

I was nearly sick when he was chosen to run the game. :sick:

The game has gone downhill and he was always going to be the one responsible.

He’s out of his depth and has no idea.

As he has the support of.......whoever :wondering: I can’t see him going anytime soon, not until he gets a better offer somewhere.

Such a shame for us and the game who have to put up with his biased dealings and decisions.

I will never forget the smug look on the pr!ck when he and Hasler had a press conference to announce the signing, and every idiot journalist was going on about what a great administrator he is, great administrator my ar$e, he only got Hasler because he knew how much he loved the folding stuff , and offered him double what Manly were paying him, not hard to do when you have an idiotic leagues club who just burn money on this pathetic football team year after year.

If a black and white article from 4yrs ago details how dodgy the bloke is for all to see doesn't get him sacked... What makes you think they would ever sack him.

The NRL is a boys club. The Sutton brothers are further proof of this. Greenberg is as safe as houses while he had Beattie and the board wrapped firmly around his dodgy finger...

Don't forget that greasy conman, Beattie, is the ultimate politician.

They are the masters of self preservation. If he sees the writing on the wall he will hang Greenturd out to dry in a heartbeat.

Would not be surprised at all to see movement behind the scenes this off season.

Maybe its just my blind hatred of the bloke hoping for too much.....

Re Ivan and Nathan.

I loved my dad, but wouldn’t have wanted him as a boss or coach. You need to be your own man.

I also did not relish coaching my own son, as he gave me plenty of lip, and other players and parents always think you favour your own child. To the point where there is pressure to discriminate against your own kid in order to keep the peace. Then he would play up more because he wasn’t getting a fair go.

I would avoid coaching my own or being coached by my own. Especially as an adult.

Re Ivan and Nathan.

I loved my dad, but wouldn’t have wanted him as a boss or coach. You need to be your own man.

I also did not relish coaching my own son, as he gave me plenty of lip, and other players and parents always think you favour your own child. To the point where there is pressure to discriminate against your own kid in order to keep the peace. Then he would play up more because he wasn’t getting a fair go.

I would avoid coaching my own or being coached by my own. Especially as an adult.

I played for Narrabeen Sharks most of my playing life, my father and uncle coached them for many years.
They were always an age group or grade above/below me so never had to deal with those issues thankfully.

I do NOT think Cleary will be coaching the Panthers.

Mmmm, I worked out your rumour....well one part awhile ago but thought it may have gone sour.

You’re still keen on the Cleary part it seems so maybe the journos have it wrong....which seems probable as they are usually off the mark.

I wish all these rumours would get finalised as I’m checking back to all the threads every couple of hours waiting for updates....@:)

I’m simply saying I don’t think Cleary will coach at Penrith.

My basis for that is.

1) he’s already been there and been sacked once by Gould.

2) now his son looks like being there long term I’m doubtful any coach ( in the NRL) would want to coach his son, and for the very obvious reasons!!

He will either stay where he is OR may move at the end of his tenure OR if another club wanted to pay out his contract and offer him more money he might go elsewhere, sooner!!

Just throwing this out there so it can be p1ssed all over, just a thought that seems overlooked.

What are the chances Manly and Penrith might be trying to come to some financial agreement with ex coach on books type swap, with Griffin still to be paid out 12 months by Penrith and Barrett 6 months by us, is it possible that Barrett could go as an assistant to Penrith Griffin to Manly on short term contracts ?

It's the NRL, anything is possible !!

Especially if the producers write it into the script...

Just throwing this out there so it can be p1ssed all over, just a thought that seems overlooked.

What are the chances Manly and Penrith might be trying to come to some financial agreement with ex coach on books type swap, with Griffin still to be paid out 12 months by Penrith and Barrett 6 months by us, is it possible that Barrett could go as an assistant to Penrith Griffin to Manly on short term contracts ?
Oh no that is not funny. There are some things that should not be joked about.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8