It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Whilst I'm less than impressed with the Cartwright appointment, in the interest of fairness I will give him a chance, I just hope they bring in someone with first grade experience for the assistant coaches job. If we end up next year with Cartwright and Randall as coaches and our supposed big offseason buy being Bryce Cartwright then all bets are off.
The only "if" that counts . The only "if" that maters is "if" we get our winning culture back because under Trent we lost it .
The only thing that counts is not what people say today . What counts is how our team performs next season .

Knowingly aid a killer, and your an accomplice.
Which one was or is bad for the club 2v or the Penn?

If you want to:
#makemanlygreatagain.
#dontpaythepenn

Invest your hard earned cash in a membership with Cliff Lyons and the team at the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club and your membership money is used to buy back shares to ouster the Penn from controlling Manly.

Continue to buy a membership with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and at the moment your paying Penn the owner and preventing Cliffy, Toovey, or Des being part of the club they played for.

We are all Manly Fans. The real question, is which faction of this club do you want your money to support?

What if I pay both?
My membership with MWRLFC allows me to have a vote if I feel so inclined.
My membership with MWSE allows me to save $$ to attend games, gets me another hat and snazzy pin every few years.

We have conceded 574 points this season second only to Newcastle who (beat us twice) and have conceded 583 and we are promoting our defence coach! That just does my head in!
It does your Head in does it ? Compliments to our Head coach . The great thing is that he is Heading out of the joint .

Last edited:
What if I pay both?
My membership with MWRLFC allows me to have a vote if I feel so inclined.
My membership with MWSE allows me to save $$ to attend games, gets me another hat and snazzy pin every few years.
I dont value the pins and the hat . What I value about my membership is the feeling of contributing and belonging to the the club I love

2578455.png

Take it easy feathered friend .You cant just shoot the guy without a trial .
If he fails then we will take him out together ;)
Sorry Bozo, this guy has had a trial with other clubs and with us. He's not an unknown quantity. He ain't no rookie. If he was any good a rich club would have snapped him up. I'd love us to win, I'd love to be wrong about him and I wont be death riding him. I don't think I will be wrong though. I expect that his appointment will prove to be more of the same that we have seen over the last three years and I don't believe we can survive another three years of below mediocre performances. Each to their own.

"The Sea Eagles had considered Neil Henry, Michael Maguire and Tim Sheens for the role but are set to appoint Cartwright..."

Crikey, is this just a money thing? Penn, is this really an effective saving?

I mean, don't you, after flopping with a rookie, naturally look to a seasoned and accomplished pro to take over?

Mr Penn, do you have the capacity to learn?

Can anyone explain what the infatuation with Neil Henry is. 44% over a career of not much.

Maguire I can understand but not Henry or Sheens for that matter... Both getting long in the tooth.

Sorry Bozo, this guy has had a trial with other clubs and with us. He's not an unknown quantity. He ain't no rookie. If he was any good a rich club would have snapped him up. I'd love us to win, I'd love to be wrong about him and I wont be death riding him. I don't think I will be wrong though. I expect that his appointment will prove to be more of the same that we have seen over the last three years and I don't believe we can survive another three years of below mediocre performances. Each to their own.
I understand what you are saying mate and you are entitled to your beliefs but
" seeing is believing"
and until I see failure under Carty next year then I will believe as well
You may be right and Carty might proves us wrong
What I admire about Carty is that he has seen the Sook head coach complain , he has seen our player salary cap setbacks , he has seen the turmoil in our front office .
But that did not stop Carty from being part of the the Manly club that some of their supporters seem to have given up on .
Trent was on a reported $650 grand and quit but Carty saw all the adversity surrounding Trents exit and that has not fazed him .
I really admire that character in a person .
Carty has been in the coaching ranks as an assistant coach and head coach since 2003
As an assistant coach The Panthers and the Roosters won premiership
As head coach of the Titans he took his team to the finals twice
Carty Titans teams had also fail to make the finals as well
Failure can be a lesson . lets wait and see what Carty has learnt

Penn went on to Gumtree. Saw Ad. "NRL Assistant coach with Bonus Garden Chairs and shed" "Will deliver, or local pickup only".
Penn called the number, Negotiated price, talked the vendor down but still uncertain. Threatened ALDI alternative. Vendor threw in some rusty free weights. Sealed the deal.
:punch:

Under our Head coach Trent , Seibold was also part of our coaching team . Under Seibold Souths are doing well . The head coach Trent call the shots . He is your man
yeah last year when we were going well.. he leaves and our defence goes to absolute ****. Seibold was ready for a coaching gig. Carty had years and years.. not like hes an up and comer deserving a shot. He is proven.... problem is hes proven to not be any good. Just another 'mate' to these soft players.

We need Macguire. He wont take the **** these youngsters have gotten away with this year.

Penn went on to Gumtree. Saw Ad. "NRL Assistant coach with Bonus Garden Chairs and shed" "Will deliver, or local pickup only".
Penn called the number, Negotiated price, talked the vendor down but still uncertain. Threatened ALDI alternative. Vendor threw in some rusty free weights. Sealed the deal.
Great Inspirational post

"The Sea Eagles had considered Neil Henry, Michael Maguire and Tim Sheens for the role but are set to appoint Cartwright..."

Crikey, is this just a money thing? Penn, is this really an effective saving?

I mean, don't you, after flopping with a rookie, naturally look to a seasoned and accomplished pro to take over?

Mr Penn, do you have the capacity to learn?
Sounds like Henry was Penns choice but a concerted campaign by DCE and his manager Orr (who hates Henry) will now see Cartwright get the job

The lunatics running the asylum
  1. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay 7h7 hours ago

So it appears DCE & his Manager's 6 wk plan of threat of player mutiny & exit might now lead to Cartwright being appointed over Henry. Orr, DCE & Henry have form. DCE backflipped on Henry & Titans. Henry at the time ripped Orr in no uncertain terms a new one over it all.

Henry has been Manly's pea for the role as new coach for 8 wks, inc influencing recent signing of Elgey. Its said Orr & DCE have set about 6 wks of influence to get Cartwright appointed over Henry. Cartwright recently changed managers to, yep Orr - & the campaign escalated 3/5
    2. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay 7h7 hours ago

1. Last Friday DCE’s manager in writing requested a release should pending decisions not change. Over the weekend other key players voiced concerns (having never met Henry). Now it seems the tail wagging the dog campaign may well change the new coach appointment. 4/5

yeah last year when we were going well.. he leaves and our defence goes to absolute ****. Seibold was ready for a coaching gig. Carty had years and years.. not like hes an up and comer deserving a shot. He is proven.... problem is hes proven to not be any good. Just another 'mate' to these soft players.

We need Macguire. He wont take the **** these youngsters have gotten away with this year.
You could be right . Time will tell . It always does .

Sounds like Henry was Penns choice but a concerted campaign by DCE and his manager Orr (who hates Henry) will now see Cartwright get the job

The lunatics running the asylum

So it appears DCE & his Manager's 6 wk plan of threat of player mutiny & exit might now lead to Cartwright being appointed over Henry. Orr, DCE & Henry have form. DCE backflipped on Henry & Titans. Henry at the time ripped Orr in no uncertain terms a new one over it all.

Henry has been Manly's pea for the role as new coach for 8 wks, inc influencing recent signing of Elgey. Its said Orr & DCE have set about 6 wks of influence to get Cartwright appointed over Henry. Cartwright recently changed managers to, yep Orr - & the campaign escalated 3/5
    2. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay 7h7 hours ago

1. Last Friday DCE’s manager in writing requested a release should pending decisions not change. Over the weekend other key players voiced concerns (having never met Henry). Now it seems the tail wagging the dog campaign may well change the new coach appointment. 4/5
I am not reading any play until I see how our teams goes next year .

Typo - couch with Bonus Garden Chairs and shed
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8