It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I for one gave Trent Barrett too much rope.

I was never a “ happy clapper” more a “ I think there’s more to it than just the coach” ( which I still believe ) however Twenty turned out to be a wanker and good riddance.

BUT

There’s still a lot of shortcomings with our club , and I’m not talking chairs or tables but manpower.

So what changes in 2019?

No Barrett of course , but same or similar with Cartwrong.

Same staff, same trainer, same shortage of support and people are expecting a different result!!

Add to that Marty wanting out ( photo’d this week talking to the Eels recruitment manager in a Cafe) and we hear Dylan ( although that is probably just bull****) is the same.

And now a player revolt based on wanting Cartwright instead of Henry.

FMD, if anyone ( yes anyone) can see positives in this please let me know????

Sounds like Henry was Penns choice but a concerted campaign by DCE and his manager Orr (who hates Henry) will now see Cartwright get the job

The lunatics running the asylum
  1. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay 7h7 hours ago

So it appears DCE & his Manager's 6 wk plan of threat of player mutiny & exit might now lead to Cartwright being appointed over Henry. Orr, DCE & Henry have form. DCE backflipped on Henry & Titans. Henry at the time ripped Orr in no uncertain terms a new one over it all.

Henry has been Manly's pea for the role as new coach for 8 wks, inc influencing recent signing of Elgey. Its said Orr & DCE have set about 6 wks of influence to get Cartwright appointed over Henry. Cartwright recently changed managers to, yep Orr - & the campaign escalated 3/5
    2. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay 7h7 hours ago

1. Last Friday DCE’s manager in writing requested a release should pending decisions not change. Over the weekend other key players voiced concerns (having never met Henry). Now it seems the tail wagging the dog campaign may well change the new coach appointment. 4/5

I read this as @readingtheplay covering his ass. He has been telling everyone that Henry was signed months ago now it appears he just made it up he invented this story.

Can we at least call him “horsewrong”?

Only changing half his name to the opposite lacks symmetry.

Sounds like Henry was Penns choice but a concerted campaign by DCE and his manager Orr (who hates Henry) will now see Cartwright get the job

So it appears DCE & his Manager's 6 wk plan of threat of player mutiny & exit might now lead to Cartwright being appointed over Henry. Orr, DCE & Henry have form. DCE backflipped on Henry & Titans. Henry at the time ripped Orr in no uncertain terms a new one over it all.

Henry has been Manly's pea for the role as new coach for 8 wks, inc influencing recent signing of Elgey. Its said Orr & DCE have set about 6 wks of influence to get Cartwright appointed over Henry. Cartwright recently changed managers to, yep Orr - & the campaign escalated 3/5

1. Last Friday DCE’s manager in writing requested a release should pending decisions not change. Over the weekend other key players voiced concerns (having never met Henry). Now it seems the tail wagging the dog campaign may well change the new coach appointment. 4/5
Every time there is some controversy at Manly DCE's name pops up. Surely not every journo out there has an agenda against the guy. I just don't understand it.

Whats the difference between Cartwright (46% win) and Henry (44%)

Sounds like BS to me. Orr is Cartwights manager, of course he'll say **** to get him the job.

Can we at least call him “horsewrong”?

Only changing half his name to the opposite lacks symmetry.
download.jpg

Speaking of clickbait...

I know we're all used to it, but it's still annoying to see, from our drunk friends at the DT, a google news headline of:

John Cartwright new coach of Manly Sea Eagles.

"Oh ok, maybe it's been announced"

*click*

Headline changes to:

John Cartwright 'on verge'....

And the first sentence:

John Cartwright 'is set'....

Then 'verge' again, then 'is set' again

Then a big amazing literary change by using 'could be'....

Wouldn't it be nice if clickbait advertising in main stream 'news' devices weren't allowed.

That (and other reasons) is why I'm happy busting through the paywall.

Every time there is some controversy at Manly DCE's name pops up. Surely not every journo out there has an agenda against the guy. I just don't understand it.
If only The Journos loved DCE as much they all love Trent . I just dont understand what the Journos Trent fetish is .
But then again who would want to be loved by Roathfield and his mates .
Yeah Nah
1184933-Cartoon-Of-A-Man-Vomiting-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

Simple click bait to add DCE to any headline, much like MANLY :confused:

Really ruined their SOO byline whith his performance after a 3 year hiatus @:p
I sort of get that, but why not throw someone else in the mix occasionally ?? If you are allegedly going to just make up a story for clicks why not use Turbo's name ??

I for one gave Trent Barrett too much rope.

I was never a “ happy clapper” more a “ I think there’s more to it than just the coach” ( which I still believe ) however Twenty turned out to be a wanker and good riddance.

BUT

There’s still a lot of shortcomings with our club , and I’m not talking chairs or tables but manpower.

So what changes in 2019?

No Barrett of course , but same or similar with Cartwrong.

Same staff, same trainer, same shortage of support and people are expecting a different result!!

Add to that Marty wanting out ( photo’d this week talking to the Eels recruitment manager in a Cafe) and we hear Dylan ( although that is probably just bull****) is the same.

And now a player revolt based on wanting Cartwright instead of Henry.

FMD, if anyone ( yes anyone) can see positives in this please let me know????
We still support THE most successful club of the last 50 years. I have faith that the Sea Eagle will rise from the ashes of this mess of a season.

yeah last year when we were going well.. he leaves and our defence goes to absolute ****. Seibold was ready for a coaching gig. Carty had years and years.. not like hes an up and comer deserving a shot. He is proven.... problem is hes proven to not be any good. Just another 'mate' to these soft players.

We need Macguire. He wont take the **** these youngsters have gotten away with this year.

This is why they want Cartwright. They would be ****ting their panties if a hard-arse came in. They might have to get fit!!!

He can say what he likes to the journos and they dont like it . He's articulate, speaks well and direct and doesn't tell them what they want to hear . He's to smart ,so they are better off speaking to dumb arses who blab there mouths off . A certain one at Cronulla is right up there alley.

I sort of get that, but why not throw someone else in the mix occasionally ?? If you are allegedly going to just make up a story for clicks why not use Turbo's name ??
Chez wears the black hat that the Media placed upon his head.:nerd:

The myth of the backflip had Chez front page on National papers and lead TV stories as a villian for merely activating an available contract clause.@:rolleyes:

His indifference to their continued attacks really irks them for some reason :p

Turbos are lucky that Chez takes all the negative press from them, they are Manly players afterall :tmi:

Once Chez retires, the next high profile Manly player will be the Media whipping boy - it's the unwritten law :D

Fifi and Duges viewpoint of Buzz had the Media circle the wagons.

Yet just this year they headlined the 'Choc says DCE is a f-ckwit' for a week and harrassed Chez for a response :mad:

Then when Chez quashed them with 'everyone has a right to their own opinion' they regurgitated the 'DCE will never play SOO again' :swear:

So like the Manly bashing stories, DCE will be linked with every negative story.

Maybe Chez is the Kevin Bacon of the NRL - 6 degrees of separation ... :rofl:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8