It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Ash Taylor is on the nose at the Titans!!!

Exactly, as I said, players come and go. DCE is playing a dangerous game of poker and, in the cold light of day, Manly are holding all the aces here. This would be my attitude if I was in charge, but we all know about our weak management at present. He is not going to get $1.3 million on the open market - he's nearly 30. Only the Roosters could afford him for this much, but they have Cronk for next year. Call his friggin bluff Manly!! Watmough et al were right all along about this bloke.

I'm thinking that little snipet from @readingtheplay is just another joining the dots exercise to put more bashing onto the players. But having said that nothing would surprise me atm and players calling the shots on the coach? If that is true even in the slightest then we are an even bigger basket case that i thought (and I possibly couldn't think we could be much worse).

Players shouldn't be calling shots on who is there coach, that is above their pay grade, even DCE's

But on the issue of Cartwright, yes he may have been the assistant and the defensive coach but doesn't mean that TB has to take everything on board. Assistant coach can't call the plays over the Head Coach so who knows. The way the team plays currently is down to one man only and hopefully after this weekkend he will be gone.

Now if we were a proper organisation and if Cartwright is promoted then no doubt his contract will have to be changed. I would hope that if anything he has some strict KPI's that he must meet and that the 2 year duration is subject to annual reviews....

Not holding my breath on this one though

We are not talking about the Town and country mate . We are talking about Gods country , the majestic Northern Beaches
His name is not Duncan by the way . Duncan is a Newtown Blues supporter, his name is mad Manly @maxta .
I know mate i know.

So, does Cartwrong get 3 years to prove he’s the Dud we all think he is OR if we are say 1/12 in May 2019 is a dead man walking already?

I'm thinking that little snipet from @readingtheplay is just another joining the dots exercise to put more bashing onto the players. But having said that nothing would surprise me atm and players calling the shots on the coach? If that is true even in the slightest then we are an even bigger basket case that i thought (and I possibly couldn't think we could be much worse).

Players shouldn't be calling shots on who is there coach, that is above their pay grade, even DCE's

But on the issue of Cartwright, yes he may have been the assistant and the defensive coach but doesn't mean that TB has to take everything on board. Assistant coach can't call the plays over the Head Coach so who knows. The way the team plays currently is down to one man only and hopefully after this weekkend he will be gone.

Now if we were a proper organisation and if Cartwright is promoted then no doubt his contract will have to be changed. I would hope that if anything he has some strict KPI's that he must meet and that the 2 year duration is subject to annual reviews....

Not holding my breath on this one though

Decent management can turn things around in 12 months. The Tigers were a basket case in early 2017 and have bounced back well. It all depends upon a club's management. Ours doesn't fill me with much confidence though. The club should view getting DCE off the books as an opportunity.

So, does Cartwrong get 3 years to prove he’s the Dud we all think he is OR if we are say 1/12 in May 2019 is a dead man walking already?

Depends if he is appointed. I think for him to get the job he would have a very limited time to prove he is the right man to lead the club forward.

If he is appointed I'll support him because he is our coach and at the very least deserves a chance to show what he can bring to the job. But it won't be long before the pressure mounts on him to deliver.

Ryan, I respect your opinion mate but I can find reasons not to blame the current assistant coach for all that.

- defence is an attitude. The head coach has presented a defeatist attitude for his entire tenure. Blames everyone but himself. I'm more inclined to blame the head coach for our defensive lapses.
- Ferris came from a pathetic Titans squad whos club was broke.
- I'm not hanging a bloke for having a few beers. I know nothing of the "incessant drinking culture" or being "one of the boys" at Manly... But it seemed to work ok in 2017 where we almost made top4.
- blaming the head coach for a sociatal cocaine culture on the Gold Coast ....

Each to their own mate.

I'm prepared to give the bloke a crack at head coach and judge the man on his results in that role. If cracks start to appear... So be it. Until that time he has my support as a Manly supporter/member.

Don’t say “crack “mate
It will begin another thread

hey now now then then now wait now now wait hold up now wait up how now brown cow.....

It's reading the play so lets not crucify another Manly player / official just yet or we'll really be perfecting the "divided we fall" part of the saying.

hey now now then then now wait now now wait hold up now wait up how now brown cow.....

It's reading the play so lets not crucify another Manly player / official just yet or we'll really be perfecting the "divided we fall" part of the saying.

Haha, that is true. But his name has been popping up for the last half a dozen years whenever there is drama at Manly, going back to the Stewarts/Watmough. Allegedly, he then caused strife for Toovey. I don't know, maybe I am adding 2 and 2 and getting 5???!!! Is it all just a media conspiracy against him?

'DCE picks the coach' is just another attack on our player.:banghead:

Last week the Media had the Turbos and Chez publically support Baz and Carty but Manly flicked Baz and now upgrade Carty :nod:

Chez would not get a 5 year deal to match his current contract, yet people believe that he would forfeit millions on a coach resigning :giggle:

The Penn's renowned cost cutting style would have actioned the supposed DCE walkout threat quick smart in any case :nerd:

It's going to be a very long 7 months of attacks on our Club till the 2019 Manly Team take the field :tmi:

giphy.gif

Certainly not my first choice as coach moving into 2019, if indeed he is handed the reins. But I'm not going to crucify him before he is even given the head coaching clip board.

It is a completely different role to the one he has had as assistant coach, everything falls back onto him now. He will have huge amounts of pressure on him given the majority of the fan base will not agree with his appointment. Pressure will also come from the fact that he will have a very good roster on paper at his disposal.

I know plenty on here have said this is the last straw and they won't be renewing membership etc, but if Cartwright does produce results in 2019 with this team will you maintain this stance?

I know plenty on here have said this is the last straw and they won't be renewing membership etc, but if Cartwright does produce results in 2019 with this team will you maintain this stance?
Can only speak for myself this is less to do with Cartwright (who has shown he is not up to it) and all to do with the Penns. Until they show they are serious about running the team (not into the ground) than they are not getting my cash.
Hasler (know a lot don't want him back and can understand ) Toovey,Maguire yet they pick Cartwright they can't be serious it is all about being cheap and agendas.

I am the believer of fair play
If Carty gets the head coach job he should have all our support until he loses it by losing games .
Unless our team become losers Carty has my support . It is all up to Carty

Last edited:
S'funny how a few posters on here love quoting they'd "hate to be in the trenches with that player" and yet at the 'expected' news of this signing.....
Saying that I won't jump ship and stop supporting Manly regarding of the coach got me a dislike, disagree and a dummy spit? Can understand the dislike and the disagree, but a dummy spit for regardlessly continuing support? Really? Oh well. It's like that on here these days.:)
I will always cheer for my team. Maroon and white DNA through good times and bad.
Go Manly!

If we are winning games early on next year, i couldn't care if Ray charles was the coach and Stevie wonder as assistant. I was against this appointment but we have to wait and see.
Well said . Lets see what happens . Everything else is premature ejaculation

Reading the play is always ridiculed here for their crap rumours and when they come out against DCE, everyone believes them!

In saying that, I can see that would’ve been a problem. I didn’t think of the DCE/Henry tension from his backflip.

While I’d rather Henry (not in my first 5 or 6 choices mind you) Cartwright was probably a better fit for the club not only for DCE but for the other players they alluded to in his tweet. Maybe the Turbos?

One thing I feel is certain, if we have the same team as we do now (plus Elgey), we’ll finish higher than 2nd last next year so we can at least say we’ve improved.

Depending on the Taupau and Walker rumours. They’ll be a loss if they do go.

Nothing we can do now but support whoever we have and support our club.

The only way is up.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8