It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
This is why they want Cartwright. They would be ****ting their panties if a hard-arse came in. They might have to get fit!!!
Bingo.

One of my golf buddies was on the Bunnies board when Gifty went there. He turned up for the first real training session and Madge took one look at him and told him he had to get fit to make their squad.

Gifty was stunned as during the off-season he had done the same training as he always did at Manly but that wasn't good enough for Madge.

I understand what you are saying mate and you are entitled to your beliefs but
" seeing is believing"
and until I see failure under Carty next year then I will believe as well
You may be right and Carty might proves us wrong
What I admire about Carty is that he has seen the Sook head coach complain , he has seen our player salary cap setbacks , he has seen the turmoil in our front office .
But that did not stop Carty from being part of the the Manly club that some of their supporters seem to have given up on .
Trent was on a reported $650 grand and quit but Carty saw all the adversity surrounding Trents exit and that has not fazed him .
I really admire that character in a person .
Carty has been in the coaching ranks as an assistant coach and head coach since 2003
As an assistant coach The Panthers and the Roosters won premiership
As head coach of the Titans he took his team to the finals twice
Carty Titans teams had also fail to make the finals as well
Failure can be a lesson . lets wait and see what Carty has learnt
Pretty sure he was assistant to Green at the Cowboys when they won the apremiership in 2015......I’m all for giving him a go.

I for one gave Trent Barrett too much rope.

I was never a “ happy clapper” more a “ I think there’s more to it than just the coach” ( which I still believe ) however Twenty turned out to be a wanker and good riddance.

BUT

There’s still a lot of shortcomings with our club , and I’m not talking chairs or tables but manpower.

So what changes in 2019?

No Barrett of course , but same or similar with Cartwrong.

Same staff, same trainer, same shortage of support and people are expecting a different result!!

Add to that Marty wanting out ( photo’d this week talking to the Eels recruitment manager in a Cafe) and we hear Dylan ( although that is probably just bull****) is the same.

And now a player revolt based on wanting Cartwright instead of Henry.

FMD, if anyone ( yes anyone) can see positives in this please let me know????
Yes 2018 is almost over & a fresh start in 2019 is near!!!

Pretty sure he was assistant to Green at the Cowboys when they won the apremiership in 2015......I’m all for giving him a go.
Yes you are correct , The Cows beat the Donkeys and Carty was the assistant to Green . Its the good old Aussie way that I have learnt to give a guy a go .
If he does not live up to our Manly winning ways then he shall be dealt with accordingly on here :D

Nicci ... I am sure the dummy spit from @StuBoot was just big thumbs .. but the others ... ?
Ahh I see. Thanks Woodsie. They just make those phone keyboards too tiny for you blokes don't they.
Anyway...
It's a new start in 2019. Stick together Manly people.

Anyway whatever will be will be.

If he gets announced I guess we have to accept it.

But let me assure you from my perspective there’s no honeymoon period, he’s a success or a failure and by the end of the first month we will know!!
I agree with Mark,
The Penns look like they have made their decision and we unfortunately as supporters who are actually paying their way need to suck it up until it goes pear shaped!
What worries me is the gap or complete disconnect between this site and what the owners plan and do. It is almost like they have their heads deeply embedded where the sun does not shine and they seem to actually enjoy being there and have no intention to come up for air or enjoy the sea breeze available on the peninsular. When was the last time a former Second Rower has won a Premiership as Head Coach FFS?
As for proven performers, he has no premierships, no grand final appearances, yet he has steered the Titans to a wooden spoon!
Said it before, will say it again, the proven formula for a Manly Premiership is an ex player at the helm.
Currently we have Dessie - Unemployed - 2 Premierships for Manly, 6 Grand Final Appearances Overall
Geoff Toovey - Unemployed (as coach anyway) - Assistant Coach to Dessie for 2 Premierships and 1 Grand Final Loss (which Storm were stripped), then Coached us to a Grand Final
Ivan Cleary - Played for us, lives nearby, could get Nathan to come to us, Coached Warriors to Grand Final loss to us!
Then there is Hoss, 43% win rate, No Grand Final Appearances, 1 x wooden spoon - Worst pissw--k defence in the league for 2018, working under Baz, Somehow favourite ahead of the above.
Lets hope Brookie Crowds exceed 7000 for 2019
My God!

Anyway whatever will be will be.

If he gets announced I guess we have to accept it.

But let me assure you from my perspective there’s no honeymoon period, he’s a success or a failure and by the end of the first month we will know!!
To be honest I think the guy is not what or who we need but whoever gets the gig it will take at least a season to get us back on track.

If he finishes above 2nd last with the same players same facilities and same furniture....that’s an improvement!!!!

So 14th next year is an improvement??

That’s just another **** show.

**** him, if we are last after a month then he can **** off back to Penrith where he belongs!!

Barrett was the teacher and Cartwright the teachers aid . The teacher failed so the aid needs to step up and get these pupils minds back on the job . Teacher report card = D- . Stay tuned for the half season report on Cartwright.

Barrett was the teacher and Cartwright the teachers aid . The teacher failed so the aid needs to step up and get these pupils minds back on the job . Teacher report card = D- . Stay tuned for the half season report on Cartwright.

Mate you are one of the most sensible ones on here and one of the most positive, but surely even you can see what a **** show this has become!!

It’s just depressing!!

D- you reckon, I'd give him an F+.

Dear Mr Penn , you tight arse , sell the joint before it's too late, cartwrong is the straw that is going to break the camels back,call yourself a Manly supporter, don't think so, you and cartwrong will go down in history as the grubs that destroyed a great club..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8