It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Saying that I won't jump ship and stop supporting Manly regarding of the coach got me a dislike, disagree and a dummy spit? Can understand the dislike and the disagree, but a dummy spit for regardlessly continuing support? Really? Oh well. It's like that on here these days.:)
I will always cheer for my team. Maroon and white DNA through good times and bad.
Go Manly!
The ship jumpers and the quitters can follow their mentor Trent any where he chooses to go .
True Sea eagle Supporters never leave the nest
66bb0f88d4c6c42c64a7e3808543666c.jpg

I know plenty on here have said this is the last straw and they won't be renewing membership etc, but if Cartwright does produce results in 2019 with this team will you maintain this stance?

Of course they won't.
They will be back on the winning bandwagon faster than James Robert's on a Saturday night on the tiles.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/22...es-they-want-john-cartwright-to-become-coach/

Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic has also backed Cartwright as Barrett's successor.

"We love Baz and it's unfortunate the situation we find ourselves in," Trbojevic said.

"But if he isn't here we have someone at the club ready to take control. The boys have a lot of respect for Carty. He understands what we've been through and has a great relationship with everyone here. He's got my support to coach this club if Baz isn't here.

I don't care which players leave. We don't have a Stewart or Lyon type figure. If they don't want the coach that Manly want.. then let them go. If dce wants a release even better. I saw he's still got a contract to 2023. My word who gave him that stupid deal. Such a **** culture we have right now. Thanks Baz and Cartwright. So why would we want to make Carty coach. He's been a part of this mess. Barrett and all his staff should be let go together with Trent and start afresh.

That quote from Tom is the exact reason Cartwright should NOT be coach. "Understands what we've been through" i.e. We can continue to be sooks and Cartwright will just give us a cuddle. "He has a great relationship with every one here" - so did Barrett and how did that work out. Looks like more of the same to me.

It's up to Carty to step up and introduce displine on and off the field now :happy:

I don't care which players leave. We don't have a Stewart or Lyon type figure. If they don't want the coach that Manly want.. then let them go. If dce wants a release even better. I saw he's still got a contract to 2023. My word who gave him that stupid deal. Such a **** culture we have right now. Thanks Baz and Cartwright. So why would we want to make Carty coach. He's been a part of this mess. Barrett and all his staff should be let go together with Trent and start afresh.
Under our Head coach Trent , Seibold was also part of our coaching team . Under Seibold Souths are doing well . The head coach Trent call the shots . He is your man

Saying that I won't jump ship and stop supporting Manly regarding of the coach got me a dislike, disagree and a dummy spit? Can understand the dislike and the disagree, but a dummy spit for regardlessly continuing support? Really? Oh well. It's like that on here these days.:)
I will always cheer for my team. Maroon and white DNA through good times and bad.
Go Manly!

Nicci ... I am sure the dummy spit from @StuBoot was just big thumbs .. but the others ... ?

Good decision.

If the guy who coaches the side to a near spoon was the wrong choice, the guy who was his assistant during the period of failure is the obvious candidate. Especially when three premiership winning coaches are out of work.
Nailed it!

If Cartwright gets us wins he will have my 100% support.

I just genuinely think Cartwright is the total opposite of what the club needs and see nothing but bottom four fpr us under his reign.

I pray that I am wrong and will happliy eat a big serve of humble pie if it works out.

But to me, this is an awful appointment and highlights just how far out of their depth the Penn's are.

I will always support Manly. But next season I will enter if firmly believing we will have a horrible season, and I have never done that before. So for self preservation, I will not be anywhere near as interested come 2019.

Really do hope I am completely wrong.

But Cartwright and Ferris have been integral in our slide....so what changes that next year???

If Cartwright gets us wins he will have my 100% support.

I just genuinely think Cartwright is the total opposite of what the club needs and see nothing but bottom four fpr us under his reign.

I pray that I am wrong and will happliy eat a big serve of humble pie if it works out.

But to me, this is an awful appointment and highlights just how far out of their depth the Penn's are.

I will always support Manly. But next season I will enter if firmly believing we will have a horrible season, and I have never done that before. So for self preservation, I will not be anywhere near as interested come 2019.

Really do hope I am completely wrong.

But Cartwright and Ferris have been integral in our slide....so what changes that next year???
One of the best posts !!!
The answer to what changes next year is that Trent wont be calling the shots because Trent has proven to fire blanks

Last edited:
I am the believer of fair play
If Carty gets the head coach job he should have all our support until he loses it by losing games .
Unless our team become losers Carty has my support . It is all up to Carty
Well said mate, and absolutely spot on. Never underestimate anyone. Friends or enemies. No one knows what one is capable of. Could end up with egg on ur face. He wasn't my first choice either, bit i won't bag the bloke til the writing is on the wall

I will support whoever the Manly establishment trot out for 2019.
It will be a new beginning.
The next coach will get 2 years to turn things around before I join any dissatisfaction group in calling for his head, which I think is only fair.
Fans getting involved in the political rumblings of the club without supporting facts is just ridiculous.
My full support to Scott Penn and co.
Reading posts from so called passionate fans on here supporting the past coach against the owners and other Manly legends has always been difficult to stomach.
I am very happy to have a club I love to support, and am thankful every year we are there. We have had far more adversity during NE days, so it is onward and upward
SACK CARTWRIGHT

Don't forget, we have 6 months to find a new coach. Penn has Cartwright to look after this weekend, then throw 2018 is the bin, and start again. The players endorsing Carty at least keeps things reasonably stable for the final round, then we head into the off season.

The loooooooonnng and dreaded off season. For all we know, Penn might have told the players to support Cartwright and Randall, then wait and see what happens over the next few months #nextquarter

Don't forget, we have 6 months to find a new coach. Penn has Cartwright to look after this weekend, then throw 2018 is the bin, and start again. The players endorsing Carty at least keeps things reasonably stable for the final round, then we head into the off season.

The loooooooonnng and dreaded off season. For all we know, Penn might have told the players to support Cartwright and Randall, then wait and see what happens over the next few months #nextquarter

Barrett is coaching this weekend.

All a bit depressing, not the least reason being Silvertails attacking each other for different versions of fandom. Each to their own.
I'll always support Manly, it's just that right now feels a bit like the year Mum and Dad didn't have a whole bunch of money so we could only afford a Sylvania motel for a holiday instead of the annual haul to Surfers Paradise.
I was still with the family, loved being with the family, but was a little depressed about the situation.
In other words, the Penns have returned me to that Sylvania motel but I'll still suffer through it and watch my team every week.

If the players even turn up with a better, hungrier Attitude and show some heart in 2019 - I will be 1 happy supporter regardless of the coach.
Realistically most are on the same page here for good reason, but as we can't change the result - need to stick together and support the decision and most importantly, support the players and team...

Well said mate, and absolutely spot on. Never underestimate anyone. Friends or enemies. No one knows what one is capable of. Could end up with egg on ur face. He wasn't my first choice either, bit i won't bag the bloke til the writing is on the wall
Good on you mate . You seem to have muscles and brains as well

Whilst I'm less than impressed with the Cartwright appointment, in the interest of fairness I will give him a chance, I just hope they bring in someone with first grade experience for the assistant coaches job. If we end up next year with Cartwright and Randall as coaches and our supposed big offseason buy being Bryce Cartwright then all bets are off.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8