It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Gold Coast are a joke of a club with no culture and are as plastic as it gets, they shouldn’t even be in the competition.
I don’t think it’s fair to judge him on his results there. Not even Bellamy would’ve gotten them a premiership.

Look, I’m not trying to defend him but it’s unfair to not give him a chance before a game has been played. He’s not even confirmed yet.
Also I still hope that Madge is the one who will be coaching us. If not then I’ll get behind whoever is representing the maroon and white.
Stop throwing the toys out of the pram and being a bunch of mercenaries. Support the club.
I thought we were in the market for 'proven performers'
Hoss already has a Wooden Spoon under his belt and are we are led to believe he is ready to take over a club that's never had one (hopefully, although TB is doing everything he can to get us one)

Knowingly aid a killer, and your an accomplice.
Which one was or is bad for the club 2v or the Penn?

If you want to:
#makemanlygreatagain.
#dontpaythepenn

Invest your hard earned cash in a membership with Cliff Lyons and the team at the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club and your membership money is used to buy back shares to ouster the Penn from controlling Manly.

Continue to buy a membership with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and at the moment your paying Penn the owner and preventing Cliffy, Toovey, or Des being part of the club they played for.

We are all Manly Fans. The real question, is which faction of this club do you want your money to support?
I Agree!
I live on the Gold Coast (Moved up in 2013) and have been paying my annual $25 a year for years to the Football Club.
Hopefully, one day, they will get the funding, sponsorship etc to regain control of the club.
The only way I see it, without a leagues club, would be a conglomerate of Pubs on the peninsula.
Anything is possible, hell, looks like Hoss will be coaching Manly!

Knowingly aid a killer, and your an accomplice.
Which one was or is bad for the club 2v or the Penn?

If you want to:
#makemanlygreatagain.
#dontpaythepenn

Invest your hard earned cash in a membership with Cliff Lyons and the team at the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club and your membership money is used to buy back shares to ouster the Penn from controlling Manly.

Continue to buy a membership with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and at the moment your paying Penn the owner and preventing Cliffy, Toovey, or Des being part of the club they played for.

We are all Manly Fans. The real question, is which faction of this club do you want your money to support?
Yeah did a few months ago mate.
Felt better ever since.

S'funny how a few posters on here love quoting they'd "hate to be in the trenches with that player" and yet at the 'expected' news of this signing.....

Its actually the Town and country and Duncan's the name . jeeez.
We are not talking about the Town and country mate . We are talking about Gods country , the majestic Northern Beaches
His name is not Duncan by the way . Duncan is a Newtown Blues supporter, his name is mad Manly @maxta .

Last edited:
@readingtheplay

So it appears DCE & his Manager's 6 wk plan of threat of player mutiny & exit might now lead to Cartwright being appointed over Henry.
Orr, DCE & Henry have form. DCE backflipped on Henry & Titans. Henry at the time ripped Orr in no uncertain terms a new one over it all.

Over next 18 mths numerous fringe Orr managed players were moved on (not re signed) by Henry & Titans management. Orr’s influence on/at the club longer term was deliberately minimised.

Henry has been Manly's pea for the role as new coach for 8 wks, inc influencing recent signing of Elgey.

Its said Orr & DCE have set about 6 wks of influence to get Cartwright appointed over Henry. Cartwright recently changed managers to, yep Orr - & the campaign escalated.

Last Friday DCE’s manager in writing requested a release should pending decisions not change. Over the weekend other key players voiced concerns (having never met Henry).
Now it seems the tail wagging the dog campaign may well change the new coach appointment.

This is the same people who only a few yrs ago saw DCE refuse to train or play mid season unless an immediate & substantial contract upgrade was done, actions that then long term splintered the then playing group..
The interesting times continue at Brookvale...

@readingtheplay

So it appears DCE & his Manager's 6 wk plan of threat of player mutiny & exit might now lead to Cartwright being appointed over Henry.
Orr, DCE & Henry have form. DCE backflipped on Henry & Titans. Henry at the time ripped Orr in no uncertain terms a new one over it all.

Over next 18 mths numerous fringe Orr managed players were moved on (not re signed) by Henry & Titans management. Orr’s influence on/at the club longer term was deliberately minimised.

Henry has been Manly's pea for the role as new coach for 8 wks, inc influencing recent signing of Elgey.

Its said Orr & DCE have set about 6 wks of influence to get Cartwright appointed over Henry. Cartwright recently changed managers to, yep Orr - & the campaign escalated.

Last Friday DCE’s manager in writing requested a release should pending decisions not change. Over the weekend other key players voiced concerns (having never met Henry).
Now it seems the tail wagging the dog campaign may well change the new coach appointment.

This is the same people who only a few yrs ago saw DCE refuse to train or play mid season unless an immediate & substantial contract upgrade was done, actions that then long term splintered the then playing group..

I don’t know if that’s true but if it is that’s a disgrace
If DCE wants to walk let him (good player that he is)
A someone will always take his place
B what other club would take him on his deal anyway
C for every DCE or Hayne or Ponga or SBW that threatens to code jump or go to another club follow another dream or delusion someone else always pops up ie Hayne left the eels and radrada turned up , the cows kept Coote and Thurston and then Ponga comes thru it’s just a cycle
If the inmates get to choose there guard while being highly paid to be inmates not guards then that’s not a recipe for success

Having said all that if it is Cartwright I hope he smashes it (he would be my last choice coach btw) in any case I want Manly to win and never give up so in that spirit go Carty and prove the doubters wrong .You are starting pretty much from rock bottom with what at the very least is a top 8 side so show us what you can do and let’s revisit the topic in 12 months until then
Go Manly!!!

Ok, so some facts I did not know about Hoss:
Asst to Marting Lang when Penrith won in 2003,
Asst to Paul Green when the Cowboys won in 2015.
Coached Titans 2007-14 for an 86-100 record @46%.

Clutching at straws here desperately trying to find a positive. Points 1 and 2 show he has some winning experience at least.
Think you mean John Lang not Martin

@readingtheplay

This better be BS..

It's going to be funny if Cartwright wins some games and everyone wants to get back on the bandwagon after abandoning ship so quickly ...

No wonder this club has the worst Sydney club attendance and memberships....

At least let the bloke control this squad and judge him based on that. Judging him what he did with a pathetic Titans squad 10 years ago ... Please.

Too many crisis merchants on here these days....it's like the Daily Tele Xmas party... Buzz, Kent, Hooper....
People are judging him on what he's done here:

* Defensive coach. Worst in the NRL, and Manly's worse ever
* Brought Ferris who had 0 finals wins in 8 years. STILL has 0 finals wins in 8 years (and a known bully)
* Part odlf the incessant drinking culture at Manly
* One of "the boys" which has never worked
* Attitude when Penrith flog us at Brooky
* Had a massive cocaine culture problem with his some of his playing group on the Gold Coast

Literally, what does he have to DO here to get some judgement by you at Manly?

Come on now.

I am disappointed if this is true because it means DCE is a manipulative trouble maker infecting the younger playing group. A player should never and I repeat never affect the choice of coach. Ironic really that Penns battled to get control of the club and have now lost it to the players. Show some balls Penn!

The playing group have an indirect input/ effect the coaching choice from under 7s right through to NRL.
That our captain has a more direct opinion on the new coach does not surprise me in the slightest.

How will the new coach meld with the existing playing group?
Is there historical issues with the senior players and any potential new coach ?

These are legitimate questions to be asked amongst the recruitment team when selecting a coach.

IF true (and not just another media bashing of dce) , appoint Henry out of spite and use dces money to buy a decent priced half and maybe a top winger or front rower. .

Absolutely sick and tired of players calling the shots.. Primadonnas like jt and Hayne have done nothing but destabilize their clubs over the years with this bulls!!t I don't wanna see it at manly.. Cartwrites a useless goon, I'm not willing to watch another season of manly getting trounced each week while the coach and his drinking buddies... I mean players,all have a good belly laugh about it

If he wants a friggin' release, give him one. If it was DCE who wanted the release surely we wouldn't have to pay him out?! Everyone's replaceable. History has shown that, if done right, re-builds don't have to take too long at all in this day and age. The Tigers and Bulldogs have done it rather rapidly and are way ahead of where we are at. Any disgruntled players, f off!!! The club need to show these players who is boss, Turbo's included.

It's going to be funny if Cartwright wins some games and everyone wants to get back on the bandwagon after abandoning ship so quickly ...

No wonder this club has the worst Sydney club attendance and memberships....

At least let the bloke control this squad and judge him based on that. Judging him what he did with a pathetic Titans squad 10 years ago ... Please.

Too many crisis merchants on here these days....it's like the Daily Tele Xmas party... Buzz, Kent, Hooper....

I’m not judging him at all on his past endeavours BUT I AM judging him on his time at Manly.

Yes only an assistant coach , but one that we saw laughing on occasions in the box during a Manly flogging.

Mate he’s a Panther, and would be there in a heartbeat if he could.

Trouble is they don’t want him cause they know he’s an absolute DUD!!

If he wants a friggin' release, give him one. If it was DCE who wanted the release surely we wouldn't have to pay him out?! Everyone's replaceable. History has shown that, if done right, re-builds don't have to take too long at all in this day and age. The Tigers and Bulldogs have done it rather rapidly and are way ahead of where we are at. Any disgruntled players, f off!!! The club need to show these players who is boss, Turbo's included.

Ash Taylor is on the nose at the Titans!!!

@readingtheplay

Appalling & untenable if true

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10