Is Manly unfit or just Brainless

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if people recall the work Donny did with Moses Suli? Looked fitter under Donny in that last year than I've ever seen him
Was that down to Donny though or Des stopping Suli eating everything on the menu at Maccas?

Was that down to Donny though or Des stopping Suli eating everything on the menu at Maccas?
I'd say it had a lot to do with many things mate. Sipley looks fitter, too. Give is a team without 8 starters being out, and we'll be perfectly fine. Unfortunately injuries have cruelled us year after year. So much so people say they aren't excuses anymore, but in my view, they just are.

Nothing Wrong with our coaching staff that are one of the best in the Business

Fitness can take you so far feathered friend

Finesse will take you all the way

We need the right cattle on the field to conquer once again
Our conditioning is very poor we have no line speed and we leak easy points in the back end of games !! This all comes down to fitness this was an issue last year too.

Yes, does make you wonder.

Donnie has the CV but his role is more than just telling players how many pushups to do, he has been inspirational to past teams but I'd say he lost a lot of gloss if not respect with his vax stance and maybe his message is losing its impact these days. I don't think our squad is any less physically fit than others but the mental resilience seems lacking to me.

Almost impossible though to see Des letting Donnie go. Maybe Mestrov would have to pull rank.
Yep agreed well some tough decisions need to be made otherwise Des will lose his job !! The players are unfit it’s clear as day.

Both especially brainless where we can’t see a short kick off or drop out coming and defend it appropriately. In my opinion this inability cost us the game against Parra when we forced a drop out when we were on top in the first half

I have said for the last few years ,the team problems isnt "not being fit"
They train 6 hrs a day ,most days of the week.
Its mental toughness that is lacking ,and it permeates from the Captain down.

I have said for the last few years ,the team problems isnt "not being fit"
They train 6 hrs a day ,most days of the week.
Its mental toughness that is lacking ,and it permeates from the Captain down.
Training 6 hrs a day, most days, does not ensure the team is "fit" (comparatively speaking) There are so many variables to fitness and how to manage it over a season. The seemingly smallest differences in approach and philosophy between clubs can show quite strikingly over a season. Not saying you are off the mark with your comment about mental fitness and captain, nonetheless.

Fitness needs to improve dramatically and I can't believe I'm saying this under are Hasler coached team. Also we need brains to improve next season.

I have said a few things regarding frustrations with DCE's game, the amount manly offered him etc, however lack of mental toughness is probably not something I would associate with DCE, far from it.

Just thinking about the rumour that Boyle is staying, and how many games he's missed...
Is it just my memory playing tricks on me or has Manly tendered to suffer from more than the average number of injuries. Each year. For many years!
If we could keep our players fit for longer that would go a long way to improving our ladder position. do we need to rethink running styles? tackling techniques? training methods?
Surely in a 'professional' sport we have people studying all this very closely. I must say I'd love to be more confident about that than I am. @:rolleyes:
Manly had the reputation of being cutting edge with sport science, have we lost that edge, or just been unlucky?

Just thinking about the rumour that Boyle is staying, and how many games he's missed...
Is it just my memory playing tricks on me or has Manly tendered to suffer from more than the average number of injuries. Each year. For many years!
If we could keep our players fit for longer that would go a long way to improving our ladder position. do we need to rethink running styles? tackling techniques? training methods?
Surely in a 'professional' sport we have people studying all this very closely. I must say I'd love to be more confident about that than I am. @:rolleyes:
Manly had the reputation of being cutting edge with sport science, have we lost that edge, or just been unlucky?

Have we lost the edge?, or does the owner not cough up the required finances to keep the edge?

Have we lost the edge?, or does the owner not cough up the required finances to keep the edge?
Your second sentence has nailed it!!

I’d almost guarantee the Physio / Rehab set ups of the top 4 sides are world class , meanwhile ours is better set up to save the most money !!!

Our chance was this year. Now we are pulling in, and extending absolute reserve grade plodders in Condon, Tuilagi, Boyle and others. Teams that wouldn't start them in first grade apart from us and Tigers.

We are an embarrassment to the logo and the NRL, and we'll be fighting it out for the spoon this year. Des is a has been that can't attract talent at all now apart from busted no names..

We definitely suffer more injuries than most other clubs. In keeping with the awareness now surrounding head knocks and concussion, perhaps we should stop full-contact practice. Injuries in practice seem to be part of our problem.
Thoughts?

We definitely suffer more injuries than most other clubs. In keeping with the awareness now surrounding head knocks and concussion, perhaps we should stop full-contact practice. Injuries in practice seem to be part of our problem.
Thoughts?

The way we've been performing, you'd hazard a guess that we are doing the Western suburbs head/face slaps at training these days and that's it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4