Is Manly unfit or just Brainless

Bencher
Premium Member
Not sure if people recall the work Donny did with Moses Suli? Looked fitter under Donny in that last year than I've ever seen him
Was that down to Donny though or Des stopping Suli eating everything on the menu at Maccas?

Journey Man
Was that down to Donny though or Des stopping Suli eating everything on the menu at Maccas?
I'd say it had a lot to do with many things mate. Sipley looks fitter, too. Give is a team without 8 starters being out, and we'll be perfectly fine. Unfortunately injuries have cruelled us year after year. So much so people say they aren't excuses anymore, but in my view, they just are.

Reserve Grader
Nothing Wrong with our coaching staff that are one of the best in the Business

Fitness can take you so far feathered friend

Finesse will take you all the way

We need the right cattle on the field to conquer once again
Our conditioning is very poor we have no line speed and we leak easy points in the back end of games !! This all comes down to fitness this was an issue last year too.

Reserve Grader
Yes, does make you wonder.

Donnie has the CV but his role is more than just telling players how many pushups to do, he has been inspirational to past teams but I'd say he lost a lot of gloss if not respect with his vax stance and maybe his message is losing its impact these days. I don't think our squad is any less physically fit than others but the mental resilience seems lacking to me.

Almost impossible though to see Des letting Donnie go. Maybe Mestrov would have to pull rank.
Yep agreed well some tough decisions need to be made otherwise Des will lose his job !! The players are unfit it’s clear as day.

Bencher
Both especially brainless where we can’t see a short kick off or drop out coming and defend it appropriately. In my opinion this inability cost us the game against Parra when we forced a drop out when we were on top in the first half

2022 Tipster
I have said for the last few years ,the team problems isnt "not being fit"
They train 6 hrs a day ,most days of the week.
Its mental toughness that is lacking ,and it permeates from the Captain down.

First Grader
I have said for the last few years ,the team problems isnt "not being fit"
They train 6 hrs a day ,most days of the week.
Its mental toughness that is lacking ,and it permeates from the Captain down.
Training 6 hrs a day, most days, does not ensure the team is "fit" (comparatively speaking) There are so many variables to fitness and how to manage it over a season. The seemingly smallest differences in approach and philosophy between clubs can show quite strikingly over a season. Not saying you are off the mark with your comment about mental fitness and captain, nonetheless.

Reserve Grader
Fitness needs to improve dramatically and I can't believe I'm saying this under are Hasler coached team. Also we need brains to improve next season.

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
I have said a few things regarding frustrations with DCE's game, the amount manly offered him etc, however lack of mental toughness is probably not something I would associate with DCE, far from it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
20 18 2 314 38
20 15 5 222 32
20 14 6 113 30
20 13 7 195 28
20 13 7 54 28
20 12 8 108 26
20 12 8 51 26
20 11 9 107 24
20 10 10 -33 22
20 9 11 -8 20