In Reality - forward SOFT again !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry mate .. disagree 100% .... we were not beaten up the middle ... their genius was not to play us there ... they destroyed us on the edges ... the forward battle never happened ...
They even said as much post match, nominating our middle as our strength and our edge as our weakness, stating their intention was to exploit our weakness…….mission successful.

They even said as much post match, nominating our middle as our strength and our edge as our weakness, stating their intention was to exploit our weakness…….mission successful.

Didn't hear that ... but it was obvious ... it is also why we struggled last week ... Newcastle just kept changing the point of attack just wide enough to take our gang hits out of play ...

Didn't hear that ... but it was obvious ... it is also why we struggled last week ... Newcastle just kept changing the point of attack just wide enough to take our gang hits out of play ...
Parramatta almost came back and beat us doing it also. I said in another thread, Melbourne will replicate this and put us to the sword once agian

Parramatta almost came back and beat us doing it also. I said in another thread, Melbourne will replicate this and put us to the sword once agian

It is now a blue print for opposition teams ... what are our options to counter ..

If we drop Kelma .. who replaces him with Burbo and Lawton out .... do we give Fainu his debut ?

When is Parker’s contract up?
Parker is in the inner urbo sanctum so not going anywhere I doubt. I’ve defended Parker in the past purely due to his defensive efforts and line running. But seriously he’s having a shocker there as well! If we actually had sone alternatives for the Centre position both Harper and Parker would be gone. Realistically we don’t so are stuck with them. Perhaps get Harper out and put Garrick in his spot and Tui back to the wing.

I suppose it's a matter of not compressing in the middle so much first couple of tackles and holding our width, trying to win the ruck at the same time with good contact.

It certainly doesn't help our structures at the moment with two very slow centres. They just can't close the space fast enough

I think we may just have to persist with kelma starting for now, can't just throw fainu into the furnace this weekend, but I wouldn't be against giving him a run off the bench.

Parker is in the inner urbo sanctum so not going anywhere I doubt. I’ve defended Parker in the past purely due to his defensive efforts and line running. But seriously he’s having a shocker there as well! If we actually had sone alternatives for the Centre position both Harper and Parker would be gone. Realistically we don’t so are stuck with them. Perhaps get Harper out and put Garrick in his spot and Tui back to the wing.

I know he is on development contract but fletcher myers looks a likely prospect. Played well yesterday.

Forget the edge defensive issues, forget Tom's injuries, forget that weekes was found out in his first game at 6 for the club, forget that our centres are Nsw cup standard and Forget blaming seibold just yet.

The problem is the same problem we have had since 2020.

Our forwards with the exception of Jake, Croker and Bully are the softest bludgers in the NRL. Flat track bullies who go MIA against any quality oppposition.

Paseka
Josh A
Haumole
Klema
Keppie

All look like Tarzan but play softer than Jane.

Paseka needs to watch Hass they are similar size except has way more heart.

Josh A should just boycott every game not just pride jersey games he is the softest flog to ever Don our jersey he makes Chris Bailey look good.

Haumole - is a star when we are on top of lesser teams but gets dominated and goes missing against the big clubs and has since 2021. Brad Fittler you give this clown a blues jersey and it will be making a big big mistake.

Klema should pack up and go back to concord that miss that directly led to Edwards first of his 100 tries wouldn't even be accepted in park football. Dally M dud buy of the year.

Then there's Keppie who reminds me of the bird you meet at 1am at Melba's you buy her drink she rubs your leg and then at closing time she vanish. He has promised so much for a long time but has delievered sweet f all. His jersey grabbing in the first half was embrassing.

Penn's puppet Mestrov and the recruitment committee have one important task ahead and it's the only soultion.

They need to piss off some of this deadwood and find the cash to get JWH to manly for 1-2 seasons. He maybe in the twilight of his career but he could show these soft pricks how it's done and could play a similar role as Ben Kennedy did in 2005.

Something's gotta change im sick of seeing these pretenders let down a bloke like Jake who gives everything he has while these other imposters go MIA.
Making Haumole out as a bludger as opposed to Croker? You cant be serious?
Schmole goes after the biggest blokes on the other team and smashes them week after week and scores tries off his own hard work.

Last edited:
Wasn't one of the reason to sack Hasler because our defence was soft? What exactly have we done under this new coaching regime but spend more? Round 1 against the Dogs is the best we have played so far but slowly regressing to the team we saw last year.

Certainly we're always going to attack our edges as Weekes first game at 5/8 and Tuilagi misses so many tackles.
I still see the middle as a big loss we were soft defensively and lacked intimidation I think most were hoping for and we failed to create any momentum with the ball and were easily contained, leading to no attacking platform for the backs, which showed on the scoreboard
Yes, they mashed us on the edges, especially Weekes:Tuilagi, but anyone who thinks our middle stood up is confused.
They didn't kick down the door in the middle and yes their points were through the edges, but they knocked hard in the middle first and were definitely on top physically and aggressively and this had to be an area we dominate to be in the game....but didn't.
Never judge just where they scored the points, the middle was compromised first which allows the Penrith attack to easily exploit the edge weakness.
Similar to when everyone automatically blames the wingers defensively, you will almost always find an easy roll through the middle for the attack to take advantage of the weakness which I agree was the edges - especially Weekes/Tuilagi side

Maybe we just need to change around the bonding groups? And sometimes have tea instead of coffee.

It could be a mariage made in heaven....

IMG_5535-1024x768.jpg

The amount of offloads they got via the middle tells the story.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8