In Reality - forward SOFT again !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The lack of intensity from Manly looked almost like a trial match, where the players were not committed to hard contact.
Maybe my expectation was too high, but really seen a massive opportunity to bash down that middle with imo the 2 toughest Penrith players out of their pack, yet we were timid in this area.
Many have pointed out quite rightly they exploited us on the edges and always were always going to target Weekes and Tuilagi especially, but this was made very easy with such a meak and mild display in a game we had to take by the scruff of the neck, yet lacked the mongrel and aggressive desire to do so.

My ranking of the forward pack so far this season:

1. Jake (Has been tackling his heart out every game this year)
2. Haumole (Has been a game breaker in each match except the Penrith one)
3. Bullemore (Valuable impact of the bench for every single game, consistent performer)
4. Paseka (Has shown sparks in his second stints, but still lacking full throthle aggression from start)
5. Keppie (still here and there for him, defensively strong in the first few rounds, still plodding in attack)
6. Kelma
7. Aloiai

My ranking of the forward pack so far this season:

1. Jake (Has been tackling his heart out every game this year)
2. Haumole (Has been a game breaker in each match except the Penrith one)
3. Bullemore (Valuable impact of the bench for every single game, consistent performer)
4. Paseka (Has shown sparks in his second stints, but still lacking full throthle aggression from start)
5. Keppie (still here and there for him, defensively strong in the first few rounds, still plodding in attack)
6. Kelma
7. Aloiai
And yet Thelma and Pastor get free calls while Keppie drops down. Ridiculous IMO. We paid these clowns good money to join us from the pathetic Tigers and they are playing like they’re still there collecting pay checks. I would so love to pass the Pastor on to another team

What stands out to me, Aaron Woods who has been a nothing for so long, comes straight onto the 1st grade bench. Imagine that at Penrith?? This is absolutely why we are no where at present and won't be for awhile sadly. Never again sign players from the bottom team as the losing culture is all through them. Kelma, Josh A, Paseka etc. and certainly never again on huge money and long term contracts.
Panthers mate, no way he wants Tommy at 1.3 million as he can get 2-3 quality players for that price alone. Edwards does the job at 400k and they have kids coming through.

What stands out to me, Aaron Woods who has been a nothing for so long, comes straight onto the 1st grade bench. Imagine that at Penrith?? This is absolutely why we are no where at present and won't be for awhile sadly. Never again sign players from the bottom team as the losing culture is all through them. Kelma, Josh A, Paseka etc. and certainly never again on huge money and long term contracts.
Panthers mate, no way he wants Tommy at 1.3 million as he can get 2-3 quality players for that price alone. Edwards does the job at 400k and they have kids coming through.
And yeap as I have said before our captain created this culture.

And yet Thelma and Pastor get free calls while Keppie drops down. Ridiculous IMO. We paid these clowns good money to join us from the pathetic Tigers and they are playing like they’re still there collecting pay checks. I would so love to pass the Pastor on to another team
Yeah i don't understand why aloiai gets off free here. He came here as direct replacement to Addin and he is a complete dud against good packs.
I called him out on it as well enough of beating around the bush

What's really strange from my perspective, is watching 2 teams play with similar size packs, maybe ours was bigger then theirs....yet 1 team has so much more intensity ?
It's disrespect to former Seaeagles who bled Maroon and White to lay down and meekly surrender in the way this Manly side have in many games over the past 2 years.
Blaming the coaches Des or Seibold in regards to some poor game plans and structures or even team selections, but I'm a bit old school and blame the players as individuals to not step up and show more pride when the going gets tough.....these are not 10 year olds who need a kick up the bum, this attitude comes from within and society today has a way to take the focus of the individual and finding someone else to blame - well I ain't buying it !!
The reason I "tried" to do a recent thread about blokes getting replaced for these poor performances had ZERO to do with ability and 100% based on some guts and spirit that the young bloke stepping up could add and hopefully inspire/embarass the other players to rip in also.
I mean young Fulton is not gunna run 100m to score tries and is not the biggest player to throw on a jersey, but he is a heart on legs and as a supporter that's good enough for me, this is what inspires me.
In fact, I'll take a fully commited 7/10 player over a 8/10 lazy player who lacks desire any day of the week.

A team of footballers is always better than a one man team. 👍

Seemed to be an issue for an all round effective 13 leading into the season and still is now . Alioia is not really providing what is required there apart from struggling to even get through a full 80 . Don "t think that young Fulton is the answer there , at least yet , always Schuster to consider but unlikely in the short term as well . Maybe Samual Fainu or Bullemor if they can develop some type of a link role as well . Definitely can provide the go to factor , defence should be able to follow suit . Tuilagi constantly giving the opposition a leg up with some lazy defence at times , another player who just can not keep the intensity up for the full 80 . Sipley looked really energized and purposeful in the reggies , could bring something really useful against the Storm , liked what Woods showed but unlucky for Keppie , seemed all effort against the Panthers . Jake , Oloaka - atu and to a lesser degree Paseka and Bullemor showing the way , Froggy getting battered a bit but still putting in though a bit more creativity there is needed as well on recent indications . Showed against the Dogs and Eels and Souths [ pack ] that they are up to it even with a couple of individual deficient players , just have to try and rediscover it A S A P. May help to include Stuckey into the top 30 or 32 sometime this season also if manageable

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8