If we don’t beat the Roosters, this season will be a failure.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you consider this season a failure if we lose to the Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raffa

To state the facts bluntly, our side consists of the undisputed best player in the game (who has had the greatest single season in the 21st century) and the reigning Australian/QLD captain. We are historically one of the NRL’s most successful clubs (having won premierships in every decade and never having been awarded the wooden spoon).

Despite finishing 4th after an abysmal start to the season, I don’t believe this counts for anything with respect to the above facts. If we as a club become content with finishing 4th and bowing out of the finals in straight sets, I believe we are condoning mediocrity. That sort of mentality reminds me of my Eels/Tiger supporter friends - a sad state of being that I hope our club never gets too. We are a better club than that.

Acknowledging we have a young team (I believe 5th youngest in the NRL) - but so do the Panthers and look at their success last year.

Nonetheless, if we falter against South’s in the prelim (to a respectable score line) I would consider this season success.

I acknowledge that Melbourne, Penrith, Souffs and a full strength Easts have better rosters and a coaching set-ups than we do.
That's why I feel we have performed to our ability and unearthed some future stars, such as Guaca, The Shoe and Wasabi. With the platform we have set this season I'd expect us to be in the top four again in 2022.

Anytime we do not Glorify our Legendary club and honour it with Grand final Glory
We fail to live up to our Legendary clubs high standards

Last week the way we lost to the storm made me sick to the stomach
Watching our players lower our colours and submitting to the storm in defeat was sickening

This week if we do not beat an Under strength roosters team missing half their team
It will be a major disappointment

There are two reasons our Manly team plays
We play to win Games
We play to win grand finals and honor our Legendary club

Anything else and Anything less is a failure

Not a failure but a learning experience for several young up an coming stars. The team has already over achieved this year and a harsh reality check will pay dividends next year and the year after. At least one finals victory would be even better of course.

Not a failure but a learning experience for several young up an coming stars. The team has already over achieved this year and a harsh reality check will pay dividends next year and the year after. At least one finals victory would be even better of course.
A learning experience perspective....

In 1979 the St George Inexperienced Harry Baths Babes won the comp

In 2005 Tim Sheens Inexperienced Baby Benjies won the comp

If the others can do it so should Manly the Greatest club of all

Excuses are reasons for expecting failure
Excuses are as useless as tits on a Bull

No excuses

We either win this comp and bask in Glory or not !

Quotation-Tom-Brady-If-you-don-t-play-to-win-don-t-play-102-38-65.jpg

Every one Glorifies Winners

No one remembers a fcking loser

The sooner we realize that wining is everything

The sooner we play with a passion to win and not let anything stand in our way of winning

A learning experience perspective....

In 1979 the St George Inexperienced Harry Baths Babes won the comp

In 2005 Tim Sheens Inexperienced Baby Benjies won the comp

If the others can do it so should Manly the Greatest club of all

Excuses are reasons for expecting failure
Excuses are as useless as tits on a Bull

No excuses

We either win this comp and bask in Glory or not !
In 2007 the inexperienced and over achieving Sea Eagles got to the big dance and didn't have the experience and emotional maturity to run with the star heavy Storm.

Manly Glory Years
2021 We expect nothing less but Glory at the Manly Sea eagles

In 2007 the inexperienced and over achieving Sea Eagles got to the big dance and didn't have the experience and emotional maturity to run with the star heavy Storm.
If The Others Dragons Tigers can do it so can the Greatest club of all

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4