How many games can we win to avoid the spoon in 2018?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How many games can we win to avoid the spoon?

• Total voters
Have you noticed Bozo, that no one here even talks about a rebuild anymore? Two years ago we were talking about it, now? Nah. It's no surprise to anyone here but our once great club is ****ed and even hard core fans like the people who spend time on Silvertails don't talk about use getting better. We argue about stupid crap but like sack Barrett or DCE is crap or bla, bla, bla but when was the last time your read a thread or comment from someone here talking about when we will be "back"..... I think we are just resigned to mediocrity.... that is NOT MANLY!
As a proud and passionate supporter who is used to success like you Wombat I can feel your disappointment .
A team that is not performing up to standard and under achieving and lingering at the bottom of the table vying for the spoon leaves a sour taste in the frustrated supporters mouths and so we all come on this site and have our say .
We can thank Dan and every one that contributes to makes this forum viable so we can have our say .
I agree with you that what we are seeing is not Manly .We don't see the Manly competitive spirit and resilience in our very much underperforming team
We need to change our mediocre culture into a Manly culture once again.

Looks like the Dogs and us will fight out the wooden spoon. I think Doesn'tmatta will jag a few wins, but the match between former powerhouse clubs Manly and Canterbury - so used to playing off for premiership glory - will probably decide the spoon. Very sad.
It's probably worse for Canterbury because they have so much financial clout, have spent huge amounts on training facilities and staff, and have Greenturd doing them favours.

There is still just over one third of this season remaining.

Although finals footy is almost impossible from this point onwards, this is a great opportunity for the boys to surprise some of the competition heavyweights, and start taking some chances.

What would be classed as a successful end to the season?

Remember that we will be playing at least 6 top 8 teams in our remaining 9 games...

Parramatta WILL win a game or two based on last nights effort.

Canterbury may or may not win another but probably will win at least one.

We have to win at least two to be safe.

The Bulldogs is a must win game and the Titans at home seems the only other “ chance” ( based on current form).

Cannot see us winning any more.

6 wins for the year at best, **** me that’s Northern Eagles like!!!

Last edited:
I have a mate who's a parra fan and I loved reminding him that we've never once been done for rorting the salary cap and we've never had the spoon. I know it's only a game but Ill be pissed off if we both those things happen in the one year.

I have a mate who's a parra fan and I loved reminding him that we've never once been done for rorting the salary cap and we've never had the spoon. I know it's only a game but Ill be pissed off if we both those things happen in the one year.

These imposters are destroying this proud club's tradition and culture
Penn , TB , Carty ferris never will lead us back to where we belong.
It is really is sad we are in the same conversation as the dogs and the eels this year..man 2V's had a worse injury toll and squad compared to this and he never had us in this position we find ourselves in.

Last edited:
These imposters are destroying this proud club's tradition and culture
Penn , TB , Carty ferris never will lead us back to where we belong.
It is really is sad we are in the same conversation as the dogs and the eels this year..man 2V's had a worse injury toll and squad compared to this and he never had us in this position we find ourselves in.

Yeah, but Parra has that wonderful record of being $2M over the cap and running last. That surely goes down as the mother of all fukctardery. Dare I say a worthy candidate for a Darwin Award.

Last edited:
D5E85538-835F-41F9-99E9-4FE99F330BB0.png

Rd 17 now gone. We're still only 2 wins above last place as of last night plus the byes added. At least there are now 3 teams below us.

13 Sea Eagles 12
14 Cowboys 10
15 Bulldogs 10
16 Eels 8

I lost count how many times we were in last place or equal last place in 2004. We were definitely last after Rd 17 all on our own. Ended up 13th out of 15. https://afltables.com/rl/seas/2004.html The second last game of that season Manly led Dragoons 34-10 at Kogarah & we lost.

2003 Manly finished second last but Souths were so hopeless we were never a wooden spoon chance.

1999 Manly were equal last after Rd 17 but got up to 13th out of 17 by the end. Terry Hill jagged that 26-all draw with canary Broncos in the last Brookie game for Manly before the Beagles.

1989 Manly were one win above last place at end of Rd 10. Finished 12th of 16 teams.

Before that you have to go to back mid 1960s to find Manly near the bottom again.

Rd 17 now gone. We're still only 2 wins above last place as of last night plus the byes added. At least there are now 3 teams below us.

13 Sea Eagles 12
14 Cowboys 10
15 Bulldogs 10
16 Eels 8

I lost count how many times we were in last place or equal last place in 2004. We were definitely last after Rd 17 all on our own. Ended up 13th out of 15. https://afltables.com/rl/seas/2004.html The second last game of that season Manly led Dragoons 34-10 at Kogarah & we lost.

2003 Manly finished second last but Souths were so hopeless we were never a wooden spoon chance.

1999 Manly were equal last after Rd 17 but got up to 13th out of 17 by the end. Terry Hill jagged that 26-all draw with canary Broncos in the last Brookie game for Manly before the Beagles.

1989 Manly were one win above last place at end of Rd 10. Finished 12th of 16 teams.

Before that you have to go to back mid 1960s to find Manly near the bottom again.

Wow, I'm shocked. We have just been given a thoughtful insight and with a basis of fact, to bring hope to us all! - from someone from QLD :clap:

I hope 9th is our realistic aim now, and given our injuries, I'd be very happy with that leading into next season with Api, Curtis & others back, and hopefully a few new toys (players) to play with

Yeah, but Parra has that wonderful record of being $2M over the cap and running last. That surely goes down as the mother of all fukctardery. Dare I say a worthy candidate for a Darwin Award.

I think the correct usage of that word is fukct-up-ardery ... if Parra are able to beat of stiff opposition this year and earn another wooden spoon and that will make a glorious total of 14 in only 72 years ....... an amazing and never to be challenged record of a wooden spoon each and every 5 years ....

What a proud record ..... let's build them another brand new state of the art home ground ..... FMD .... it's akin to feeding strawberries to swine .....

13 Sea Eagles 12
14 Cowboys 10
15 Bulldogs 10
16 Eels 8

I believe in what was both Manly and Parras first year it came down to Manly v parra in the last round to see which of the new clubs would get the spoon. You know the answer.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7