How did you become a Manly supporter?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love this thread, really well done @Harvies elbow...!

My grandparents and parents all used to live on the Northern Beaches and all of them of course Mighty Manly Sea Eagles supporters. And my grandfather actually lived across the road from the great and legendary Alan Thompson and his family.

And so my Manly story started when my mum was pregnant with me and she was working at Narrabeen at a hardware store where her neighbour Alan Thompson also worked at, (he was a plumber as well as a legendary Manly man). So I was very fortunate to hear some amazing Manly stories from one of our greats before I even took my first breath. (Mum said that Alan was one of the nicest blokes around and very down to earth.)

Yep so this is a story about how to give birth to a 'super passionate one eyed manly supporter'.

Anyway, it was the year 1978 and I was eventually born, in Manly hospital and then a few months later (before my first birthday) we won the grand final.

I was talking to Mum about this the other night and she said that 1978 was such a good year, her and dad got a beautiful baby girl - 'me' and Manly won the grand final.

And then the rest is history, so I definitely do not lie when I say I have been a Manly supporter since I was in the womb.

And my blood has been scientifically tested and it is maroon. (Ok this one 'might' not be true..lol.)

I have been to the 2007, 2008, 2011 and the 2013 grand finals.

My best mate from school is also a Manly supporter and we have been friends since we were 8 year olds. And one of my happiest memories is being at the 2008 grand final with my best mate watching Manly thrash those purple scum and seeing Beaver score.

Anyway, I really value and am so grateful for how I came to be a Manly supporter. And my mum is also an extremely passionate Manly fan and that bond we have is also something very special to me.......!

I love my Manly family who are both on and off the field. Always have and always will......!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4