How did you become a Manly supporter?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Got my arse down to Brookie at aged 15 and watched Jersey Flegg, Premier League and then first grade. That's how it started.

Grew up in Allambie Heights.
That's right. Reggie's were called premier league for a while. I think that's when Des would've coached the premier league grade.

Parents made me play soccer when I was eight. That was in 76. Watched the 76 GF with the Parramatta loving neighbours. Just loved watching Eadie. Told my oldies no more soccer, I want to play league and I want to play fullback like Wombat. (and I did for ten years).

Born in Manly hospital by the Manly Warringah team doctor. Bred in Manly Vale and have been supporting the brand pretty much since born in 1961. Mum and Dad took me to every game from get go. Big part of the supporters group with Lyle Roberts in the 70's ie Sheraton stand. Unveiled my Graham Eadie Stand banner at North Sydney Oval back in '76. About as Manly as you can get I reckon.

Was born and raised in Brissie by a Wynnum (and Qld) supporting father that passionately hated the Broncos. This hatred i inherited and left me free to pick a team without influence.

Playing juniors for and supporting the wynnum-MANLY SEAgulls and hearing of the MANLY SEA-Eagles - it just seemed a logical choice at very young age and i think i even confused the 2 at times.

I also recall a (young) memory of Manly vs Canberra on tv at a party/bbq in which everyone was going for the Raiders. To be different and $#!+-stir, I cheered for Manly. Anyway, Manly won and i have a vivid flashing memory of Beaver scoring a brilliant 80m try. Ive been a one-eyed Eagle since that day and Beaver, my absolute hero.

During origin i would barrack biasly for Qld but also cheer for Beavs and celebrate his tries hahaha.

Born in Manly hospital by the Manly Warringah team doctor. Bred in Manly Vale and have been supporting the brand pretty much since born in 1961. Mum and Dad took me to every game from get go. Big part of the supporters group with Lyle Roberts in the 70's ie Sheraton stand. Unveiled my Graham Eadie Stand banner at North Sydney Oval back in '76. About as Manly as you can get I reckon.
They were great days. The last 70s where the supporters club would sit in the Jane Try stand at Brooky and every September the Sheridan stand for the finals, magical times and the booming voice of Lyle Roberts and the fun we all had watching our maroon and white heroes win premierships.

Well, like Harvies Elbow, as a little tacker of 5 or so, up on the Central Coast without a team of our own, the name "Tigers" sounded great but I didn't really know anything about football as I didn't start playing until I was 6 and around that time a young blonde sensation from the 'Gong started playing for the Mighty 'Eagles.

So, as I was playing half back that first year or so, there was only 1 player that I wanted to be like, the young Bozo; so, it's been Manly for life since then, through thick and thin, against opposition from all my family and I've never waivered for over 50 years. It's still a bit hard to take my dear old Mum(Saints since birth) openly stating that "I hate Manly" every time the Mighty 'Eagles are on the TV, even with me sitting a few feet away.

Well, like Harvies Elbow, as a little tacker of 5 or so, up on the Central Coast without a team of our own, the name "Tigers" sounded great but I didn't really know anything about football as I didn't start playing until I was 6 and around that time a young blonde sensation from the 'Gong started playing for the Mighty 'Eagles.

So, as I was playing half back that first year or so, there was only 1 player that I wanted to be like, the young Bozo; so, it's been Manly for life since then, through thick and thin, against opposition from all my family and I've never waivered for over 50 years. It's still a bit hard to take my dear old Mum(Saints since birth) openly stating that "I hate Manly" every time the Mighty 'Eagles are on the TV, even with me sitting a few feet away.
Geez be very careful Leader or @BOZO will track you down and propose to you...
As for the rest of it I'm hearing you.
Know exactly the feeling.

My parents immigrated to Australia in 1962, and were housed in Seaforth with the UK Navy.

They couldn't afford a house there, but my father adopted the eagles and stuck with them when he moved into foreign territory. He then drilled it into me when I was born a number of years later.

But it didn't help that he moved 4 blocks from Jubilee avenue; but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Parents made me play soccer when I was eight. That was in 76. Watched the 76 GF with the Parramatta loving neighbours. Just loved watching Eadie. Told my oldies no more soccer, I want to play league and I want to play fullback like Wombat. (and I did for ten years).

Great memory!
Speaking of Wombat, one memory I have is from the late 70's at the 'Time-o' (Time & Tide) one night to see a band. It was very crowded and at the bar I was literally crushed against this big guy. I looked up and was stunned to see it was Wombat. I couldn't get over how big he was, let alone that I had been so close to one of my favourite Manly players!

I was a hurling fan but seeing as it wasn't big over here I tried some other sports. All my new mates were Manly fans so it was a natural progression. I still reckon league would be a better game played with big hunks of wood...
Hurling is a mad sport.
They used to show games on the ABC or sbs back in the 80s or 90s.
We'd never miss them.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8