How can any coach justify picking Uate AGAIN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I actually hope he has a blinder. We need him to regain his confidence and get back to last years form. We are not getting enough out of our back five. When Jorge, and Uate and Tom bring the ball back with speed and aggression it starts our sets so much better. Uate needs to be given more chance to attack because he can be a weapon. One on one with a defender.

He needs a couple of great games to get that confidence back, I hope he can do it cause when he is on he is dam good, the errors are killing us lately. I guess he is on his last chance

His hands are butter. I have more of an issue with his defensive positional play. Its horrific unless he is up against French who has been dropped for **** form.

I recommend you watch a replay of the 3 tries scored on him vs souths.

I estimate he has let at least 7 balls hit the deck and bounce rather than drop it. How was the swish last weekend no net let alone rim.

I love the way he charges the ball back at the line but too many drops here as well.

His defence plus his hands mean he is a liability. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

First grade is not the place to get your confidence back.

I dont care if he has a blinder. Its a horrific decision to play him. The risk is not worth the reward. Prefer m wright to hold the ball and a wing up

Not to jump on the Uate bash bandwagon, as I recall last season plenty on here calling him a great buy after some scorching tries.
In 2018 however, the drop in form is obvious...in fact finished 2017 with a drop in the final few minutes to put a full stop on that Penrith finals game.
The thing in 2018 I find a real issue is more than the sloppy mits....its his defence, the reads are bad, the urgency is on zero and he is basically back to the reserve grader Manly had to rebuild from Newcastle....

Winterstein got dropped after 1 game.
Lewis Brown no longer gets a look in.
Haatings has been told "never to play again"
I agree Uate needs to go, but that statement is just wrong.
But I know you hate Barrett, so its par for the course.

None of those 3 players start or have been playing 80 mins week in week out. Not a great comparison by any stretch.

Uate is killing us week in week out with HUGE momentum shifting dumb plays that are costing us games.

To not drop him after that **** show is inconceivable.

The combination of Uate and Dylan Walker who's mobility and match fitness is shot on the right side means there will be a lot of points scored down that side of the field.

Surely Matt Wright to the wing is the smart play?
He is not going to win you a game, but he sure as hell won't lose one for you!
Positionally sound and can take the high ball.
It really is a no brainer.
Let's hope Barrett is just putting out his standard 21 list and will change it come game day.
His two tries on the left edge against the raiders weren't to shabby.

Hate to pile on the bile, but he also dropped the bomb which gave Newcastle their field goal set in Round 1.

Surely Matt Wright to the wing is the smart play?
He is not going to win you a game, but he sure as hell won't lose one for you!
Positionally sound and can take the high ball.
It really is a no brainer.
Let's hope Barrett is just putting out his standard 21 list and will change it come game day.

That would mean Brown back to utility though.

The good thing about him, is that he doesn't go into his shell and keeps coming post error. Best example being post the bad one v the Titans, it was his hard run and quick play the ball that set up the opportunity for Api to set up the try from dummy half. Has made a few howlers so far this season though that need tidying up

Of more concern to me is the amount of basic simple errors that Tom T makes that get glossed over because he is a big name and not as easy a target, he also dropped a ball on a carry close to our line on the weekend that led to a try, and he was part of the soft tackle that let the try be scored to back it up too

He also jumped over the sideline after getting to a kick for some strange reason leading to another try.

Uate is rubbish atm but how does Shaun Lane not get a mention?
Uate at least looks like he is trying where are Lane is one of the worst players to ever wear the jersey.
I cringe every time he carry's the ball.
You're joking, right? Lane has been our strongest forward off the bench all year. Arguably our most consistent forward even when the rest of them are serving tripe.

Uate is rubbish atm but how does Shaun Lane not get a mention?
Uate at least looks like he is trying where are Lane is one of the worst players to ever wear the jersey.
I cringe every time he carry's the ball.

where is that WTF icon ?

wtf-meme.jpg

We must be going real bad if Lane is being considered above average.
Is this based on last year? This year has been a completely different story. He's been making good post-contact metres each run and has been playing with much-needed commitment. Has always been one of our toughest defenders with his contact.

Can understand the criticism last year where he did tend to disappear in attack at times but he's been a real goer in the middle this year. Glad that we have 2 tough edge forwards in Thompson and Gosiewski now so Lane doesn't have to move there again this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10